What Was The First Class You Played? 🙂

What class did you guys start playing when you first started WoW, and did you stick to it? :slight_smile:

I played Warlock to begin with, I rerolled a few times over the years, but I still always fall back to Warlock :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In the beta: Hunter.

On launch: Mage.

I’m not really playing either of them at max level now. I’d play a mage if not for rune of power, that one ability just stops me from enjoying mage but it’s been a thing for many expansions now, so I’ve just quit mage pretty much.

3 Likes

Hunter and mage

3 Likes

Human Warlock. Levelled it to 18 and it didn’t feel enjoyable, so i switched to an enh shaman. Played it till the end of wrath.

1 Like

Actual first in retail was DK, first at max level was monk

1 Like

Retribution Paladin. You could even be an effective tank back then. Around the cataclysm. But did join to play a Worgen Warrior.

2 Likes

Played a Human Pally in Goldshire!
After that I tried out the Orc Shaman.

Today still play both classes as mains :slight_smile:

1 Like

First character was a hunter but since I had no clue what was happening (back in late 2006), as soon as my pet died I thought I failed so I deleted the character and made a mage.

4 Likes

Mine was human warrior - I didnt know how to put spell on spellbar so playing mostly with auto attack. Deleted bcoz I couldnt even reach level 10.

2nd class was rouge - hardest class to level during old times. Also sucks in dps big time unless u max level.

Then I see pala tank in lfd - I was very impressed by it and finally found the class I can do every kind of content.

2 Likes

Human paladin, from vanilla till the end of MOP, then a death knight in warlords and then a warlock since the legion. Tho I usually play a lot of other classes besides my main.

1 Like

My First character was a night Elf druid male, he has been a feral druid for a while, then he turned into a Guardian druid, but in DF My new main Is and Dracthyr Evoker

1 Like

Drood.
But i didnt like it much
Then warrior
but it wasnt my style.
Then Deathknight. Great fun but it wasnt it.
Then, it happend.
Worgen Hunter

Never went back

1 Like

Night elf priest, who I still have and is now a troll and then Shaman in late TBC which is now my main and has been since the day I maxed him!

1 Like

My first char was a nightelf warrior, whom I played for several years until I got a taste for mages…yeah right…odd change from melee to ranged dps hehe.
But after many years of playing WoW on and off (and several years in other games) I’m back in DF and have a newfound interest in my warrior again :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This guy was my first character, played as Retribution from my start in Vanilla.
Briefly switched to Feral at the end of BC & Early Wrath, but He has been my main since then.

1 Like

The first character I ever played was a Dwarf Mage. 20 years ago.

The race/class combo was removed in the following patch, so I have not stuck to it.

I then made a Night Elf druid - they were added in that same patch. Stuck to that until WotLK, then swapped to Horde side and became a Tauren Druid. I also had a brief stint as a Draenei Frost Mage, but it was very brief. 5 months I think.

I kept going with feral until Legion, after which I quit PvP and started doing raiding because I could no longer enjoy feral druid and in raids I could tank.

In BfA I finally returned to mage, this time as Pandaren. Been a panda mage ever since.

So… did I stick with my class? Well, that’s complicated. I’m back where it all began, but I sure as heck had a detour.

1 Like

Blood elf mage

night elf druid

1 Like

Orc Warrior.

Coming from a traditional Pen & Paper role playing position I figured Warrior is usually the easiest class to play as you don’t have a full spell book to need to know about.

I ran around Durotar, ran into a Scorpid outside the starting zone (still level 1) and it smashed me up. I had to run back as a ghost and find my way back to the starting area…

3 Likes

I first played warlock. Then priest, then paladin and then priest again and now I’m a second expansion hunter.

1 Like

I think my first ever character was a rogue and then my mother said (I was 11) “Oh no that’s a really hard class, I think you should play something else” so I tried a priest but never got it very high. I then picked a druid and stuck with it until WoD as my main, switched to Paladin in Legion.

1 Like