What will you do when WoW dies?

"So what will you guys be doing gaming wise? Look for an alternative mmo?"
I won’t, being in my 30s I don’t have the desire to start over fresh on a new 10+ year game venture.

"Play single player RPGs?"
I’m rebuying classic games of my childhood (games for retro Sega consoles) so that’s what I’ll be gaming on fully when WoW dies.

It’s funny, I use to see YouTube videos of Atari fans still entralled with their Tetris and Pong games despite being way past the normal ‘gaming’ age… now here is me doing that, but with the consoles of my youth (Sega ones) lol. Ya, I’ll be playing retro Sega game consoles until death :blush:

4 Likes

I hope it doesn’t die and then again I wish it would so I can move on and do more RL stuff as opposed to another similar type game - my gaming rig is getting tired and reluctant to buy one at the moment.

Been playing since 2005 and gone through wows ups and downs and still here - too darn addicted although this expansion is motivating me not to log on now for days.

Like others have said it will probably be around long after I have snuffed it in one form or another :+1:

2 Likes

Have lots of games (single player) which i had in reserve if i took a break from wow once a while.

Buf if wow will be closed whatever reason (i dont think that will happen for atleast 5 years), then i would pick a new mmorpg which i find good after WoW.

Hehe I’m one of the Atari fans … space invaders was my thing back then - good idea may relive my youth :+1::grinning:

2 Likes

Play something else like every other normal person

2 Likes

Make my own WoW with blackjack and hoopers!

Hey i’m looking for somone to help me install final fantasy pm me on discord it’s Turiel#8906

2 Likes

You mean they shut it down? Or dies when most of players are gone to other games?

Continue playing till someone shut it down after that i will still continue in Ultima Online unless Ultima 5 would do remake or online version then i would play that and Ultima online. Then again only who could make Ultima 5 is someone who created original or it would get ruined

Well I’m pretty excited about the Riot MMO that is in the lines.

They have to be able to impress big, if they are going to get more players - something that I hope will happen in the future. But I have my suspicions.

atm i am playing new world and after 8 weeks it is dying a death ,the cheaters and botts are everywhere even fishing botts at least it has no sub ,

Life is too short and busy to be involved in multiple MMOs. Dunno about you guys, but I will stick with WoW, CS:GO, SWTOR, FM. Maybe I am too old to start a new MMO and other game. Im 32.

If you spent a lot of gametime in a MMO you dont just jump to the new stuff just like that. IMO.

You don’t have to. I personally plan to in fact jump into another MMO if it provides me with the stuff WoW does and what it lacks atm. That said, no I have no idea what that MMO will turn out as, but I really like the LoL lore (not the game itself) and can’t wait to explore that world.

I guess ill find another game to play.
But sometimes… sometimes ill switch on spotify and ill play wow greatest hits. Thinkin about all the moments lost in time… like tears in the rain

playing league and waiting Riot MMO

Log off, do something else!

Becoming a B777 flight instructor.

1 Like

I already play other games during my wow breaks, just not mmos. To be honest, if wow were to die i’d be probably done with the mmo genre.

2 Likes

I would play mop on private servers, although I’ve been doing this since I’ve been playing retail. I would just completely switch to mop private servers.

Honestly…? I’ll probably be too old &/or poor to be able to start ‘investing in a new game’.
I started playing WoW when I was 43 - way older than most new players - & if WoW has 10 more years (for want of a number) I’ll be 66.

Sure, I’ll miss it, but I doubt it’ll be that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.

2 Likes