What will you do when WoW dies?

i will get over it.

then get on with life, gaining mad levels irl atm :slight_smile:

gone from being a social recluse with social anxiety, to the object of many girls ideals in the past year :P.

today a girl i like openly said to my face i was very sexy today.

i think iā€™ll be just fine without wow.

4 Likes

I have already left WoW as a game. My sub is ending soon about a few days and canā€™t add more time for a while. Money in RL is bad in my family. However i have both Star Wars ToR and FF14 under a subscription since those games was released. I hope i can come back to game some day.

I mostly play on Classic TBC when i have some time for WoW but now i focus more on other games i play Animal Crossing New Horizons (have over 1000 hours played), and all my games on Switch, PS4 (PS) and PC. so i have games to choose from.

I donā€™t hate WoW as a game. Its just i donā€™t have fun in it so i freeze my sub until i can play again.

:blush:

3 Likes

Go on to play something else?
I mean itā€™s not like wow is the only game I play.
Warframe, monsterhunter, pokemon. Plus infinite possible future games.

Probably spend more time in the gym.

Warcraft has never been a huge obsession that some people have. Most my friends have left, and iā€™ve been guildless the entire expansion so. I am just paying to play a single player game right now.
Doesnā€™t bother me that much, since I mainly play while at work, but it also means I donā€™t have much tying me to it.
DEFINATELY NOT THE STORY!

I will give warcraft credit on this though. Best beastmaster in mmoā€™s right now. Closest candle is GW2.

probably start drinking again

2 Likes

Working out and a different behavior can do wonders , right ? Hehehehe

id redo the warcraft 3 the frozen throne campaigns then
founding of durotar part 3 theramore isle and daelin proudmore on hard
gotta play creative and send each of your heroes with the separate base troops to heal/kill their targets so they can get more npcs to help them

and elite riflemen destroy the raiders same goes for elite knight unit with the ogres
wish frozen throne daelin was voiced by robert baratheon just for the fun of it
gods he was strong then

Private servers. Probably wrath. Thatā€™s what I did from wrathā€™s release until the end of wod when I came to retail. Played tbc pservers before wrath and cata and mop pservers aswell a little.

Iā€™ve already explored other MMOs in the past.
I quit in June 2007 in TBC (too time consuming and expensive), played all the 7 days free trials they gave, played MoP on a friends account for a month and returned during Legion launch. Tried many free MMos that were available at the time and none came close to WoW quality and engagement.

Iā€™m 45 years old and WoW is currently the only game I play. I was 29 years old when I started.
I would probably play Street Fighter Alpha 3, KoF 97 again, but thatā€™s it.
Ironically before I had the time but struggled with money to pay my subscription, now I have money but Iā€™m no longer young and I have no time.

Cheers.

3 Likes

would probably download a ZX Spectrum emulator and relive my teens with classics such as Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Atic Attack, etc

3 Likes

I would love play a few short match of street fighter alpha 3 or kof 97 with you that would be great.

I use to play kof 97 on saturn back then you had to quickly install the ram cartridge after the cd launched and it would often fail due to timing.

3 Likes

At 45, a mere youngster compared to me

3 Likes

I played KoF 97 on the arcades at the time. Lost account on how much money Iā€™ve lost there between matches against the AI and other players.
As for Street Fighter Alpha 3, I played it with my sister and after we unlocked everything on the PS one we found out a couple of years ago that our saves were gone from the memory card (probably card problem).

I would probably play those games once WoW was over, but for the moment WoW is pretty much alive and even though I criticize it, I still play and have fun with it.
I would probably get a fighting stick 1st.
Better would be getting what this guy got :point_down:, but I lack the resources for that. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cheers.

2 Likes

Well it is a long story I went to the arcade at age 7 always dressed myself to look older for kof I played the 97 in both arcade and home, discovered kof in the arcade with the kof 94 version quickly became a favorite fighting game.

At the time of kof 97 I had aslo a neo geo and neo geo cd and I would organize tournament at my own with friedns they would stay fo the week-end.(we played until kof 1999 until our band separated)

As for street fighter alpha 3 I played the playstation version but the best version i have got to play is dreamcast version street fighter alpha 3 for matching service (much more character creation options, balance and bug removed)

2 Likes

Funny in all Youtube videos I see of Arcade videos is nothing like Iā€™ve ever experienced.
Over there special attacks are the norm.
In my days everyone I see was just using normal attacks and once and a while a special attack would pop up, everyone there was trying to play safe so they could extend their coin to the next match. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Maybe thatā€™s why Street Fighter 2 from Capcom was so popular, unlike the Neo Geo games like KoF series there were no desperate attacks from the AI to turn the tide and ruin your well planned game. You could use them as well, but good luck trying to pull them off when you would struggle to time in a simple special attack.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Go back to FF14 and Destiny 2.

I have seen it all to be honest from people abusing normal attacks and normal combos and throw to the hakoken/projectile spammer but it is true than in the first few years you would rarely see spamming of special moves like in the following years and in the championship were everyone had deciphered most normal attack and special move + desperate attack combo.

Well that is why there is the so called neo geo syndrome because neo geo boss and especially kof boss are always crazy overtuned(rugal, goenitz, orochi etcā€¦) and later capcom took on neo geo for boss syndrom with akuma, gill from street fighter 3(winged ressurection , instant kill 100 hit attack it your guard isnā€™t on etcā€¦)

At the time I learned with some others of abusing the kof safe dodge animation or safe role depending of your style chosen and throw animation characters no more need to jump and start the piledriver motion, i could safe roll grab the enemy and profit , same enemy jumping at me safe roll throw command motion profit.

2 Likes

Carpe Diem, dude, Carpe Diem.

Had the same happen recently, a woman I have always fancied for ten years made the move, being the brutally honest type I am, to the point of self sabotage I went ā€œThis wonā€™t end Happily Ever After, youā€™ve seen my Facebook, you know the scoreā€
ā€œthe Three years left thing? Thatā€™s Three years Iā€™d regret not havingā€¦ā€

Wowā€¦

Seize the day, life is too short, trust me! If she told you today you were Sexy then bloody go for it tomorrow! Donā€™t waste a day.

As for what Iā€™ll do when Wow dies, I donā€™t really think that is an issue I need to worry about (I can make those jokes), but -should- I outlive WoW, Iā€™ll probably just focus on my online TTRPGā€™s with friends, Donā€™t think Iā€™d invest time in anything else. No point really.

4 Likes

Cry?

Try hopelessly to find another MMO. Assuming the current ones will be dead then as well.

A dark day that will be, a dark day indeed.

3 Likes

Play GTA5 on playstation, i also played warcraft in playstation 1 when it was a strategy game about 15 years ago.

Maybe when WoW dies I`ll start to live normal life.

WoW ruined my life, tbh! I skipped school cuz I farmed stupid achievements in WoW back in 2008-10.

Now I dont have adducation, I dont have a wife, I dont have kids because of WoWā€¦ Because of some stupid pixels. And its too late for me now. Im 32.