What would make the alliance more popular?

I tell you what I think will change it without such radical measures.

They need to release a raid with mechanics heavily in favor of the Alliance, forcing many elitist PvErs to roll Alliance for the racial advantage. Add to that free Alliance transfer and you can solve the issue in only one patch.

Thats a very unfair move towards competitive PVE raiders and will do more harm, than actual problem solving.

How is it unfair if the transfer is free? If they want to stay competitive let them reroll. They got nothing to lose, only win.

It will be enough to make some top guilds switch which is what we want yes?

Once top guilds start moving, a lot of regular people will go back to Alliance.

I don’t think they can solve this issue without giving the Alliance a major advantage for a short time.

They won’t do it.

Castle Nathria was favouring alliance on a few bosses with the bleeds, and at the last minute blizzard change Stoneform to not remove them.

They don’t have the balls to make that kind of play if they won’t even let it stick for 1-2 bosses within a raid, and offering a kinda “okay, kinda good” advantage at best. It certainly wasn’t on the same level as rocket jump on KJ for example.

Loads of alliance were excited about CN because it may have been the one raid and WFR where people may actually choose to favour running alliance and then the nerf news hit and all that was smashed “back to horde” business.

They have to, it will fix the Alliance PvE which is the only issue really. PvP seems really healthy from what I can see, it’s just they need some big guilds rolling Alliance to create a reverse snowball effect.

The promised customisation options, not just skin shades or eye colors for humans.

See Last wish - Nightborne customization
Top 12 is 4 alliance and 8 horde.

It is certain bias because the variations are including all eye colors/skin colors but you should have the idea of the class options after spending 10min in character creator.

1 Like

They wont though, as CN showed us. It became clear alliance had an advantage in the raid and they changed it.

I’m not saying this is the principle reason for the change, im saying the devs cannot be ignorant of the disparity, and ignorant of the fact that with the bleeds on stoneform it was alliance favouring and then go ahead and nerf it whilst feigning ignorance.

It just shows they’re not prepared to create “imbalance” between factions to that degree anymore. Even if it would work, they will not do it. For every horde (like you) whom seems to believe there is a need for alliance to walk upright in pve, there are 25 foaming at the mouth horde fanboys who will cry at the first instance of such even though it doesn’t effect them or their progress at all.

Therefore they will not do it.

In PvP there is no issue, the “alliance suck at PvE” is an old wive’s tale. It’s about the same. I was in a BG just the other day where we were losing IoC and lost docks and we staged quite possibly the best defence of the keep i’ve ever seen and managed to give the horde a thrashing and kill all their reinforcements without them getting inside. We went from being about 60 reinforcements down to winning about 140 up.

Alliance has a fault in this also. Play Horde if you like but don’t stop fighting. I am doing my best to be loud on these forums, more than many Alliance players.

Let your voices be heard. The only way to get what you want is to be loud.

There’s no harm in continuing the fight even if you temporarily play Horde to get geared, really.

Forums, streams, Youtube, these are the platforms that you have on your hands, DON’T STOP>

I play both factions but alliance is typically my main one. Personally the PvE disparity has never bothered me (I don’t play PvE at the level high enough for it to matter) nonetheless I will always be an advocate of trying to push the message that it can be done and “jumping ship” by way of swapping mains is probably the worst step to take as it simply compounds the issue.

I recently rerolled Alliance even though my main is quite geared on the Horde side but because I also don’t raid past normal/heroic difficulty, it doesn’t matter.

So far my I had a great experience with the community and I don’t see where Alliance is “immature and spoiled”. I had a fair share of idiots on the Horde side.

Alliance players are more patient and forgiving to mistakes, which means that overall they ARE mature and friendly.

Honestly, it’s a fresh breath of air from all the annoying wannabes on the Horde side.

1 Like

I tried and it back fired. I was told I was a whiner when I said things like : “This is not healthy, I want Alliance to thrive”. Since I rather act than wait for an external help, I made the choice to renounce playing Alliance.

I understand you and all the other rerollers that simply wanted to play in decent conditions.

My point was just because you rolled Horde doesn’t mean you have to stop voicing your opinions and asking for a fix.

The fact that you’re playing Horde now doesn’t mean that the Alliance is done and over. This community has proven many times that things GET FIXED if there’s enough voices raising concerns.

And who cares about haters really? Let them call you whiner. So f what? Everybody whines about something. Whoever whines better wins in this game :stuck_out_tongue:

Those of you that still play Alliance, start streaming! If you’re a good PvPer, PvEer, show off. These kids care about influencers, that’s who they listen to. If you tell them Alliance is awesome, they will believe it.

By no stretch a claim of pro skills on my part as an individual but a recent pvp experience i’ve spoken about in other threads (maybe this one?) about one heck of an isle of conquest comeback win was absolutely a proud alliance moment for me. Our chat fired up with such passion and coordinated direction and responses, it was amazing.

i’m well aware that some of them may have been horde mercs, but in that moment it was very much alliance fighting horde at the gates, refusing to budge, refusing to bow to what for many is an “insta loss” of IoC and to make the horde work for their bread and by golly did we make them work for it and then some, leading to a monumental victory for us. it was such an amazing BG to be part of and it’s moments like that why I play PvP! I just wish there was a slightly easier way to get into ranked BGs in a more casual manner because BGs are very much “where it’s at” for me and Arena is merely a “means to an end” for attempts on gear that me and my partner are both kinda meh about.

I wish i had recorded it! And I REALLY wish I could have seen the horde chat!

1 Like

Well, gratz! Proud of you guys!

Im sure you can find some people who can properly raid as alliance players also have achivements from raids wich shows that there are people who can. And to be honest if the truth hurts you that it is viable and you not forced then tough break cause the truth is no1 did force you to play horde. And yes i have a clue as some old friends to me plays alliance only that i never played with them on alliance so yes i can tell you its viable you on the other hand cannot tell me as a horde player you where forced to play with horde players

Actually, girls give a lot of attention to aesthetics in game as their standards of having fun are much higher than those of guys (no offence to the guys ofc, this is a chemical reaction result in the brain of the two genders). As a result, if blood elves were the only best looking race in the game for so many years, eventually a lot of players would feel compelled to go play it, even if it’s on the opposing faction. I play Alliance 90% of the time myself but still got 2-3 Blood elves. Now, I am not playing Horde because I like the Horde, but because Blood elves are in it. No offence to hordies, I’m just alot more into the Alliance theme and want to play the ‘‘good guy’’

Elaborate please because that at least sounds wrong.

Last time I checked Blood Elves and Nightborne were Horde and never part of the alliance. Wanna know who you can thank for that?

Your precious Tyrande.

I have no problem with Alliance, in fact I cant stand this never ending faction war on repeat, Tyrande however…I cant stand her for multiple reasons.

One of them being the reason Blood Elves joined the Horde and not the Alliance - her incursions and sabotage in Quelthalas.

And guess we all know how she acted towards the NIghtborne…

So, I am really curious what you mean by that.

The ratio is 10 to 1 favoring Horde. I mean, if I were to pick a guild then why should I pick the faction that has 10 times less offers?

I don’t know if I’m being clearly understood, but I had put a lot of faith in the Alliance being a viable faction. But it’s so damn hard and after my 3rd bfa guild disbanded that mine eyes have seen the truth and were open : the Horde IS the superior faction regarding PvE, therefore, I should become myself a red player.

I can say “Every single friend in my FL moved Horde”.

You don’t have a clue then.

Of course, alliance is viable if you don’t intend to play Pve content.

5 errors detected. Sorry, you were saying I did not know my own language or something like that?

You referred to them as ‘he’ after they had corrected you and said they were in fact a ‘she’, is what I referred to. Am I blind or challenged ‘with reading word’ (sic)? Not at all, I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

You wanted a capital ‘B’ at the start of that statement, an apostrophe in ‘im’, also you meant ‘exact’ not ‘exacts’. Exacts -is- a word, but does not make sense in that context.

Also, who says ‘normal people’ have to read English? I’m reasonably certain that there are a lot of languages people can have as their native tongue, and that they too, are also ‘normal’. The only reason I am pointing out your errors is because you keep implying that I cannot express myself in my own.

You really can’t help yourself, can you? So another insult there, in calling me ‘slow minded’, keep going, I am sure we will get more comedy gold dust from you…

That is a fairly creepy opening statement to a sentence, what were you expecting? a Selfie?

Now, whilst it is not common parlance these days, technically if we are using correct English, you actually can. Going back hundreds of years ‘Man’ was actually the correct word for ‘A Human person’, in fact about a thousand years back. It meant the same as the word ‘Man’ still does in German, as in ‘One’ as in ‘One can catch the bus from here’, the actual correct word for a Male Man is ‘Wer’ (From which we get Werewolf and Wergild) and for a Female Man is ‘Wyf’ (from which we get Wife and Midwife). ‘Man’ just meant a human person, in much the same way as a Sheep is a Sheep, but a male Sheep is called a Ram, and a female Sheep is called a Ewe.

That is semantics in fairness, I never said that, I said that both a boy and a grown adult male are both classed as ‘He’.

I think we established that a long time ago…

There we go, Insult number two. Poorly grammatically delivered, but an insult nonetheless.

And number three! This time with angry capitals. You really need to work on your internet etiquette, you can’t just keep insulting people like that without mockery or repercussions.

Are you sure you don’t want to re-examine that statement to make it fit context?

Ah, your statement there, is what we call in English, “A Lie”.

We’re on a roll, how many more personal insults can you throw in, in just the one post?

Oof! Yet another one! You really are thirsty for some time on the ‘Naughty Step’ aren’t you?

Actually, I have remained civil and within the CoC, if somewhat scathing and acerbic, you however have repeatedly descended into personal insults and slights.

We’ll let Blizzard judge which of us is behaving inappropriately.

2 Likes

Jaina? Uther? Muradin?

Paladins were far superior compared to shamans.

Ali zones were far better designed than anyyhing on horde side becouse most develpment time was spent on ali zones and were first to be made.

Ali have superior racials for both pvp and pve.