What would make the alliance more popular?

Better racials already in place.

Ever heard of war mode ?

1 Like

Alliance would be my pick if they had undead/ taurens :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yea got it on all my tunes , is it working ?!
Then they should things that work .
Racials are just a small percentage of your total dmg everyone knows that that’s for try hards not for the general populus .

Is the faction imbalance because of high-end players leaving to find more people to play with or because of story and aesthetic reasons?
Because if it is the latter, the difference isn’t really that big of a deal. If you look at the entire faction, casuals and low-levels included, it’s much more a 45-55 kinda ratio if I remember correctly.
And I doubt any amount of new allied races, hair color choices or story changes will get those mythic raid guilds to change faction.

1 Like

Vrykul and then kick out the pansy elves.

Since vrykul are the predecessor of the human it would be a awesome allied race for the alliance.

But i dont think it will solve the problem that the horde has more players atm

An extremely unique and cool race tbh, a lot of the alliance races are samey and dont feel distinct enough.

If they added arrakoa to alliance for example id faction change in a heart beat

From what i heard, many people from pve side go horde becouse they have stronger racials. For people who want min-max it’s just better choice. And since guilds which really want to push all mythic bosses every % of dps increase it’s too good. It create scenario where other players change to horde “becouse good guilds think horde is better” and others which change to horde becouse too many players went horde and they want to find party for m+ etc.

In my opinion there are 2 ways to balance factions:

1. I posted this some time ago but idea of “learning” racials of other races by doing quest chain which require reputation. Since war ended you could be able to earn reputation with all racial leaders and by earning thier trust they’ll teach you how they deal with things.

For example:
Orc players could earn reputation with night elves, to teach them how to use shadowmeld.
Human players could earn reputation with blood elves to teach them how to remove magic effects from thier opponents (Arcane torrent)
Also horde players could also learn how to use racials of other horde races and alliance could learn how to use other ally racials.

Im not saying it’s best way to fix faction imbalance but idea of “pick race which you like instead one which sims you the best”

1. Rework alliance racials to be more competetive with horde racials

Im not sure if any of the ideas above are good but it’s just my ideas. I may be stupid but there must be some way so WoW won’t end up as a 1 faction game.

the only way to “fix” this and make more people go alliance is to make them OP, but then we just end up in the same situations but reversed with way to much of the playerbase being aliance

Look at the past. Alliance was the more popular faction for most of WoW’s life. This only started to change in late Legion and spiraled out of control in BFA. Looks like nothing will be done to fix this in SL either.

Two things:

• Race aesthetics. Alliance were once perceived to have the cooler races (subjective), but you can see with Allied Races a good amount of effort were put into Horde ones and very few damns were given to the Alliance ones.

• Racials. In MoP and WoD the Alliance were so vastly more populated than Horde, and the majority of them were humans. It was no coincidence that Every Man For Himself was the most overpowered racial at the time.

All these comments I here people make in this thread. It will only affect the choice of people that are already playing, and the more elite/end game gamers at that…

But it will not change anything in the choice of actaully choosing horde or alliance. Its only because they are damage junkies and they can do more damage there in horde/alliance because of better “racials”

Like I said before I think its better to focus on getting new players and hope they join alliance

1 Like

Actually it started in cataclysm, when Method and some other high end alliance guilds went horde for better pve racials. And over the years, others followed.

Thats completely subjective though

Id say lightforged and high mountain are both complete garbage tier as allied races. Theyre just the same race as their counterpart with 1 small change. The alliance is in no way worse off than the horde here.

Nightborne in their current form are completely ugly and no one wants to play them. And they fit on the horde as their story is closely linked to the blood elves.

Void elves were an attempt at giving the alliance the blood elf model which they have been requesting for years. Sure its not exactly as they asked for but its pretty close. And now with the new skins they are getting, they have essentially gotten exactly what they asked for and stolen a horde race. Its the better deal.

Then we have later allied races.

Maghar are just reskins of orcs. All they bring to the table is different skin colours. Its really not that incredible.

Dark irons have fire effects going on. Its pretty badass. Their theme is more one note than maghar is but they pull it off much better than the maghar does any of its skins. Quality vs quantity and i say dark irons are better.

Zandalari do look unique and I have nothing to drag them down on. I just dont like them.

Kul tirans are completely awesome. I love everything about them. Their theme, their models. Would I have liked the skinny form as well? Absolutely and I hope we get it.
But even without it, I did consider maining one. A part of me still wants to.

Mechagnomes are cool and I really like them.
I wont lie and say vulpera aren’t objectively better though. Vulpera are the best allied race in the game. The alliance totally lost that round.

So although my opinions are subjective, so are everyone else’s.

So I say the alliance got the far better deal on allied races. The only one I like more on the horde side is the vulpera.

The problem is your fix doesn’t fix the problem. Your fix simply reverses it. The incentive to go alliance cannot be player power. Because it’s proven time and time again that it drives imbalance.

The solution is what brings the factions to a 50/50 split.

The problem is players only respond to player power. Which how you fix I doubt anyone has a clue… Yet critise blizzard for not being able to fix either

Brigante - have you paid attention to the blood elves, and their story and lore - they’re based ont eh standard fantasy trope, tehy’re more alliancey than humans, they a litterlaly like transposing humanst o the hord,e but thinking you can get away with it because they ahev long ears.

Did blizzard chagne the blodo elves for the transpose? It seemed so at first, but by the end of TBc, they were so alliancey,

the horde face has changed, the races are so different, there is no commonality - they are basically how I envisioned the alliance would be with Night elves and draenei.

Take out night elves draenei and worgen curse out of the gilneans, and the alliance makes sense again.

take out forsaken, blood elves, nightborne out of the horde, and the horde makes sense again.

What do you do with the remaining?

• Night elves, Nightborne and Worgen (night elf ones) - that’s 1 faction for you
  • Blood elves & Draenei - that’s another faction for you.

Or you can make Blood elves and Draenei two separate factions.

Blood elves , void elves, san’layn, fel elves - are their own faction.

Draenei and all their sub-races are their own faction too. In addition to horde adn alliance.

Not how I recall it. I had near-instant BG queues as Horde in Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor were famously Alliance-favoured. Majority of the server first kills still came from Alliance (although it was fairly even with a swing to Alliance, some guilds went Horde but it wasn’t mainstream), PvP on the other hand, was completely Alliance dominated. EMFH was broken, all the top ranking PvPers were Alliance (human), Ashran was an Alliance playfield with like a 5% Horde winrate.

Many of today’s WoW players have the memory of a fish. Or never played that long.

You talking about this problem and taking it as a revenge. What have happened to the Horde should happen to Alliance while things now happening in different circumastanes.

If you compare the population of wo now and then you would know that the problem now is devastating.

People now are more ready to quite then they were to join back.

Don’t take it as a revenge.

Basically this. Either make alliance racials OP in raids for a long period of time, or erase factions by enabling cross faction pve.

Thats most likely because there were alot of more players, and also until wod, alliance was the bis faction for pvp (hi human racial).

1 Like

I hear people say that, but I don’t think they should just repeat the same thing on the alliance they should understand what the alliance is meant to be and write interestingly accordingly.

What is the alliance? what does it have going for it - in it’s own ways.

For starters, well, Night elves are their own massive race and massive NIGHT world, complete with civilization types of magic, nature types of deep forests, with distingusihed and ancient history, and they’re quite established.

They don’t really need much humans - their invovlement should be rare, welcome but also suspicious and irritating - cos they’re too good, and too “instructive”, yet you want one of them on your side.

They literally write their own stories, adn the horde can join in via the nightborne -

Draenei can be part of the night elf story and human throughthe lightforged, so you alwyas get some of them. Again there is night elf friciton cos of their eredar looks, but good matching because of their prinicples and morality.

The alliance humans should continuein the WC2 vein - this is where you get all the intrigue, back stabbing, manipulation etc… this world involves high elves, human nations, dalaran - even in a neutral capacity - and void elves.

void elves link well to night elven highborne and night elven black moon priests, very well, druids start a new order that works with them to combat the void incursions and find ways to remove it, even use it in areas that cannot be cleansed - given rise to void elf druids.

Void elves are not an illidari repeat, their comand over the void is supported by light stalwarts and they help the night elves stabilise the Night warrior ritual and in turn gain advanced lost knowledge of the void - they work well int hat regard.

However hte void isn’t done with it’s attack, void elf story continues when the void comes, and they need more power, but cannot achieve it without extra means to resist, tetherin to something very dear becomes a ekey compoenent and a faciton of high elves fill the void - partenering withvoid elve,s they find out their abilities in the light are intensified when in close proximity with the void, and so do the void elves, but the most remarkable thing is the bond that forms, the love between the pairs is the anchor of sanity for the void half, and a source of devotion and light willed desire to protect from the high elf half, togehter they work as pairs - allowing void elves to have high elf counterparts and vice versa which you also design in character creation.

Dwarves and the 3 hammers continue,

i mean there is so much… I can think of many ways you can get interesting storeis and tales without turning the alliance into the horde 2.0, retaining it’s core identity, but that laso yielding issues ofi t’s own.

The nature of humans, suspicious of dark things, yet embracing and adventerous, night elves generally quite isolationists, Draenei in need of allies - perhaps too eager… it can lead to all sorts of interesting things

1 Like