What would you do if classic died?

But… classic died already. Not interested in retail, I last tried whatever that expansion with the garrison was and I had enough of modern WoW. So it’s unsubscribe.

I mostly play solo and to me this is an mmoRPG so there are lots of things to do, many classes to level, many professions and a nice big realm, so I would keep playing even if I’m the last player on the server.

After I feel like playing another game, I will play another game even if the servers are full, population numbers don’t matter to me that much.

It is true that I do like to see other players and rarely interact with them, help them if I feel like they deseve my help, but WoW Classic can be fun even alone. Not the same, but still fun.

I personalty dont give a damn does a game die or not. For me retail is dead for more than 6 years and i dont care about it. Same as classic, if it dies it dies, big deal. Not a game is gona hold me to my balls, not this one nor any other, ever.

1 Like

I’ve been playing Vanilla and only Vanilla for 15 years and I’ll be playing Vanilla in 15 years.

3 Likes

Put on my helmet and prepare for the flock of boomers coming towards me in retail

Back to privates as they will start blooming again.

2 Likes

as long as the servers are up I’ll be playing.

Then we will start making a tons of forum’s threads about how we want Classic.
Then we will write letters to Blizzard’s emails about how we want Classic.

There must always be a Lich King Classic!

1 Like

Why are people so sure that classic will be dead in less than a year? Vanilla private servers have been running since vanilla was current with enough players to justify it’s continued existence. Classic isn’t going anywhere any time soon, sure, it will end at some point but so will literally every thing in the universe. That’s true for retail as well.

A game isn’t “dead” simply because it doesn’t have millions of active players and is literally the biggest game in the world.

You can be certain that one day all of our max level characters in retail with thousands of hours of playtime and mountains of pets, mounts, transmogs, achievements etc etc will just go up in smoke. Poof, time and effort well spent.

People are so preoccupied with the future that they forget to enjoy the present.

3 Likes

Play Old School RuneScape.

Anyone who says “Id just quit” is lying through their teeth, people here a hopelessly addicted to WoW and would do anything to get a fix.

Dude, thousands and thousands of people played Vanilla for 15 years after the fact, on private realms. The core RPG and gaming philosophies of Classic are extremely strong, it’s Mark Kern’s Magnum Opus, objectively the greatest game ever made.

I’m actually waiting for it to ‘die’ so i can start playing again. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

We all hope Classic+ is a thing and keeps the core philosophies behind what made Vanilla so great, the problem is getting Bobby Kottick to sign off on the dev costs!

one thing i will never do, is to play Retail

I bought BFA because it was on sale, it’s incredibly weird, feels like Classic with cheats on, gets really lame after a few hours. It’s just sparkles and furries and everything is 10x as fast (Comically so) and you stand around a lot reading inane bs on trade chat while waiting for soulless LFG grind where nobody says a word because they’re likely bots.

And everything costs a billion gold and everyone has a 18485389538538 stat numbers.

They really should put classic on its own slot in Battlenet, it’s literally a different game for different people.

2 Likes

I was not playing retail before,

won’t be going after.

My motorcycles awaits.

I would unsub and get more time to replay the Dark Souls games.

This so much expresses my experience with WoD onwards. I now log once a year to get the birthday achievement. I do not seriously count this as playing.

Cyberpunk and Diablo 4 are the next games that I’m actually looking forward to. So hopefully it will die around one of those dates.