What would your character say to the above poster? #28

Roessler, looking as tired and worn-out as his armour, leans against the bar and wipes sweat from his forehead with a piece of cloth. He looks at Marinya, obviously trying decypher her words.

“Doom delayed once more, aye.”

He gives the Elf a solemn nod, believing he has made sense of what little he could.

“Doom delayed once more, and ever more. You bear the scars of one who has stood stalwart. As long as we all follow your example, we shall never fall.”

“Hollow hearts to wicked ends; brightest torch fed fat of friends.”

“Didju call me fat?”

Teknetia stumbles over, having drunk quite a significant amount of Whiskey as Dangerbeard had feared

“I’ll have you know, I lift the… the… I lift, sister, I lift all the weight, I ain’t fat. I love you.”

Teknetia passes out on the floor

Looks down at Teknetia from a nearby table.
“Weird flex, but ok…”
Then shrugs and goes back to her drink.

“Hey, atleast tah’ guy is only sayin’ nonsense. I know gal’s who do much worse when they had too much tah’ drink. Like crashin’ infernals in villages and bein’ chased and stuff. Not fun.”

1 Like

“So you’re the Goblin that snuck into my birthday party then?”

Zaggi fidgets nervously

“I mean, it wasn’t me it was someone else I’d invited and we helped rebuild the pub”

“Look, I hadn’t ever used Warlock magic whilst under the influence of Mana Wine before, that infernal was complete accident… it was supposed to destroy the rest of the town first.”

“And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why we exiled them to begin with”

glares at the Sin’dorei

Tell me more…

“Not much to say. Reckless use of magic gives us all a bad name.”

Seems to have nothing to say to that other than gripping her mother’s staff with a dry laugh wholly bereft of any mirth

“I mean, you Highborne have ended up with what?..”

starts counting on her hands and mutters to herself

“Quel’dorei, Sin’dorei, Ren’dorei, Nightborne, Nightfallen, those weird hunchbacks with the crystals growing from their skin…”

looks back at the group

“6 related races through your messing around with arcane magic now?”

“Do not judge, sister. Harpies, Worgen, Demon Hunters, the feral and lost. We’ve our fair share.”

sighs

“Do not believe the stories, the Illidari and the Harpies are not our making. Illidan was a Highborne before he chose to taint himself with the fel. The harpies have existed far longer than the stories of their creation. Though I will grant you the curse of the Worgen and the Satyr are our own doing. You are right though, I will do my best not to judge so harshly, sister. These are trying times and recent events have reminded me of their past betrayals.”

"Actually, he was lowborn. A sorcerer, and a good one, but not Highborne, though I wouldn’t blame a whole species for the Illidari. As for the Demon Hunters who aren’t Illidari, honestly not seeing a problem with that. They do a job somebody has to do.

“It’s undeniable that Elvenkind has a tendency to mutate in response to magical energies, though. My own kind was the result of a deliberate, half-finished transformation, but when the Highborne crossed the sea, we shrank and went pale. When the people of Suramar got stuck with the Nightwell, they slimmed down and developed arcane markings. When some of them got trapped in the tunnels, they turned into spiders… It’s honestly kind of fascinating.”

“Here we stand, pointing fingers on who caused the Naga, the Illidari and all the rest of them. Don’t you people have enough accomplishments of your own to take credit or blame for?”

“You could sum it up with ‘elves’, elves are responsible for many things.” shrugs “But who likes to talk so much about elves anyways? Surely you have some more interesting stories!”

1 Like

“You want interesting stories? Have you come to the right place. I have so many stories. How about the time I saved a man from walking soup with nothing but my wits and a bowl of chilli?”

“Was the soup walking or was he walking the soup like a dog, needing saving? Either way, the soup would have to be moving like some sort of broth elemental. Where does the chili enter the picture as the single tool to free the man from his own foolishness? Ancestors forgive me, I must know.”