Whats the FF hype about?

You have abilities you weave that are not on the gcd…

5 Likes

It all boils down to different people enjoy different things. For me?

• Armor. Its refreshing to have 3D animated robes and Coats like Kadghar, Nathanos or Jaina, instead of potato sacks that delete my legs. Also, they dont do this horribly flat body paint, like in WoW
  • Character models. Imagine giving your hair two different colors. Or deciding how tall you want to be. Or to have body sliders.
  • The story. I cant emphasis this enough. In the base game alone, i have spend more time with Minfilia, Y´shtola or Tancred then with Jaina, Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas and Tyrande from Classic to Shadowlands combined. And it shows.
  • The sheer amount and lengh of cutscenes with camera movement. Again, in the base game alone, i had a fully voice acted 5 minute long cutscene where the main cast explained to me how magic, life and souls work. Imagine Blizz doing that for the mess that is Shadowlands lore.
  • Housing and armor dyes. Nothing else to say here
  • No american puritanism. While Blizz turns woman into fruit, because apparently they like to body-shame femininity, FF doesnt shy away from giving you a breast slider, or have bulky guys (including NPCs) walk around in what is essentially latex fetish gear.
  • an entire zone with mini games. Card-Games, mount-racing, jumping puzzles, whack-a-mole, you name it. Darkmoon faire 2.0, just its open all the time and has more attractions.

Since im fine with the gameplay and the dungeon/ raid content in both games, these above mentioned points do make a huge difference, especially if you are the kind of player who values immersion, narrative or personal expression.

6 Likes

Game have better cosmetic gear system, game have better class system(you don’t need to make 12 characters to try every class).
You can unclock cosmetics for any class on one character so any item that drops is usefull for you.
Boss fight are more accesable for casuals and easier to undearstand because there is not violet pool on violet floor like in WoW.
Developers don’t care about being PC(political correct).
Female characters looks 1000000% better.

2 Likes

Whats FF14? Is it something new coming to wow or what

Took a while to get used to. Less painful at higher levels when you have thing off the GCD.

But I tend to play both, but barely playing either right now. Waiting for Endwalker and 9.1.5.

Yeah this, playing my machinist on lvl 80 is giving me serious carpal tunnel.

This is basically what FF14 APM looks like at lvl 80 - https://imgur.com/a/OObSeoY

1 Like

Some people fed up with 10+ year of WoW, and looking out pther games, that has any value to play. After WoW, FF14 is the closest for high quality mmorpg.

I also played with it, but after the basegame, i left cos i dont have brain to complete 500+ quests to start the expansion, and wont gonna pay 30 euro to lvl boost 1 profession to lvl 70, to skip it.

Same - I am intrigued by the story and considered playing through just once to experience it but there is just not enough time in the day

Well said!
And Hildebrand is the most amazing side questlinie ever. It’s fun and got humor.
I bonded so much with the Npcs and the storylinie. I felt a part of the game and that the game catered to me.

I still play WoW but nothing compares to ff14 storylinie and feel for the game.
Its not rushed…or atleast dont feel like it.

1 Like

It’s a good game with good classes that haven’t been pruned and feature no useless bleep sucking grindy boring feature.

I love how so many teenage wow players think that the FF franchise is something that just some dayfly popped up a few years ago. When infact the FF series used to be the biggest RPG series around.

Blizzard can only dream to make as good games a the likes of FF6, Chrono trigger, FF7 etc etc.

The sheep followed the streamer

Also the new gen is going to the most played

So those 3 are A LOT OF PEOPLE? Am at FF part of twitch right now and they have 21.5k viewers ( rich , naguura and max are currently streaming it) and WoW has 46.3k Viewers so id say hype is gone if we watch by number of people streaming/watching.
But before FF fanboy attacks me or smting cccording to FF community their precious game IS A LOT MORE interesting to play then to stream/watch so thats why they had small number of viewers before Asmongold started streaming .I mean ofc thats a thing, seems like FF community have answers in favor of their game for everything .

thats what got me to play it too and the streamer who inspired me to try the trial was annie
altho for certain dps roulette queues that and SL lfr can use a queue nerf
give dps 5 minute queues like for edens promise raid wings
not anything from 30 mins 40 and 50 to 1 hour and including said long wait to be in a half run group with 1 or 2 bosses down
yeah the other game has always fresh raid groups and thats the good thing

For many people the game is just amazing (this is my opinion at least). It isn’t going to be for everyone though.

It already had a very big player base before some of the popular wow streamers picked it up. That has just added more exposure.

So basically casual game for casuals.

Yes, no skill required. (haven’t played that btw, just figured out from what I’ve read)

Not sure if trolling. They don’t even have PvP at all, no? And PvE is hypercasual.

There is PvP. There is just no open world pvp.

Like in wow there are various difficulties for raids (and trials).

There is nothing wrong with having a lot more casual content. There is still more difficult content for more hard core players.

They are making a game with their market/customers in mind.

2 Likes

PvP there is a different game (more like minigame) with different abilities and everything (from what I’ve heard/read). So it’s like you’re playing two different games that barely overlap.

This is the problem with all modern games tbh. Was so much better in 90s, now world hypercasualised.

Who cares. Of course mythic raiders will play something else once they’ve cleared mythic Sylvanas. Whether it’s FF or hello kitty online doesn’t really matter. What matters is that wow content cycle is terrible compared to Legion.