Whats the FF hype about?

And designing a game ignoring the fact that a very large part of the player base is casual is not just a big profit loss its also possibly (probably) a loss of active users.

Casual content is also not a bad thing if its enjoyable. Casual and fun can be just as good as challenging and fun if done right.

Personally I play games to have fun.

2 Likes

Still among the most popular mmorpgs these days so people def not playing it cos its bad.

“clickbaiter youtubers that proclaimed “wow is dying”” That is also a number of people on this forum. FF14 is a good game, but like books, you are allowed to read more than one.

1 Like

you do know WoW is extremely casual compared to what came before it? Calling something casual means nothing when you are playing a casual game.

You must be new to it.

Yes, and I don’t like these changes. Leveling, quests, world quests and stuff are so easy that sometimes I have to watch youtube on second monitor to get entertained while doing what I need.
In Classic this part is way better, at least leveling actually needed my attention.
Endgame high content in retail is ok and PvP is ok, but if they returned leveling experience closer to Classic/Vanilla it would be actually fun to level alt (instead of grinding dungeons to skip 99% of game content faster).
A good example of game with adequate challenge is dark souls series (esp. 1 and 3).
The Maw was a bit challenging at first when I just got to it on fresh 50, I wish they kept that experience during whole 1-50 leveling too somehow (all they need to do is modify scaling a bit so that mobs became as if 10 levels higher).

I didn’t have any (just joined in SL S2) so challenge was almost just about right. At first.

Classic is sleep inducing in terms of difficulty.

i dont get it either it is a good game but heres why it can be better if it doesnt have ppl who act like spoiled brats threatening to call"game masters" to put you in game"jail" when their advice to you is really criticism
in a pug raid of any places as much as some if not most wow pugs
who deserves the ban me for not taking advice for a boss mechanic because it was no advice
or they who get offended too easily and call for a game master if you know how to play your job and have your own opinion

This is pretty much it… it doesnt need to be a great game per se, just needs to do ok enough MMO in order to beat wow. Sure its more to do with wow itself sinking but thats where we are at now.

It’s a good game but i personally don’t like it either. Mostly same reasons as you have.

Yet, my level 50 samurai is way more satisfying to play than a 60 arms warrior.

Final fantasy 14 is the game WoW should’ve been outside of raiding/m+/pvp etc.

Daily quests that take about 2 minutes each, 5000 mini games, both of their torghast’s are actually kinda fun, decent story, decent crafting, old content is kept semi relevant so there’s a lot to do.

They compliment each other pretty well.

The GCD doesn’t feel that bad once you get your off GCD abilities, my monk also has haste passives which helps.

yet has the same loudmouth players who would just love to see you make one simple mistake and go off on you on how to"play better" and they give you advice in a way that says"you bad"
is threatening someone to call a GM on em if you call them a wow mythic raider this much lol

Not sure what that had to do with my post but if it’s online then it’ll have toxic players sure.

The bar seems exceptionally low in FF though, one of the people I’ve met apparently got really self conscious and stopped healing after someone told her she should heal better one time. Then again maybe WoW has that too, it’s just no one ever talks :man_shrugging:

ah sorry guess should have explained better
it IS about both games having toxic players that are apparently content with voicing their criticism if you fail on atleast one boss mechanic there
how can it be my fault i slipped on ice and got one shot when im occasionally a sprout(noob) at heart lol i guess some players get mad if you dont play good like them

There is PVP and imo better than Wow.
The higher raids require a lot of skills.
Butikken I enjoys that’s I can relax and nit feelings like I needs to push everything
Ifølge you want a challenge then do the elite raids and servers.
Who is a game bad because it doesnt promote end games push?
I hate having reached max lvl in wow within a months of an expansion
In ff14 it’s a out the Journey. There is content, better lore, m better storylinie, butterflies connection to the npc

And I played it along time before it was “cool”
It’s just a better game
I still enjoy wow as it has some features I wish ff14, but to me ff14 is best.

Im digging the japanese stuff & its something new

but it just feels more lacking than wow, most people also prefer just playing 1 mmo so i am mostly playing alone if i want to play it, some of my friends left final fantasy because it was too easy so that might have a factor in it

And if i wanted a singleplayer mmo experience i would go play tbc, can play it on same subscription

and there is unlocking the hard version of dungeons
and when you get a group and do them you see they might be different to the normal versions
prefer the chill players in dungeon/raid/trial pugs over those who love to criticise you for one mistake

1 Like

The what now?

Those people are saying the same things about you, just not to your face. They’re saying it in their friends discord servers and stuff.

1 Like