What's the point playing WW

When you have literally Warrior as class available to you.

With 9.1 you are giving Feral a MS which will make them just replace WW in almost every caster comp. Also DK’s probably also want to play with Ferals because they’re better than WW in everything right now besides having an MS and Burst.
Also enhance/feral and ret/feral with MS have fun playing against 3 healers.

Warrior will stay the same and will even receive buffs (overpower/execute) although its not a lot it is not warranted in any way. Fury was also the only Warrior specc which was played with WW regulary however now with Fury gaining MS aswell you don’t ever want to play with WW again.

DH is also receiving some really noteable buffs.

Assa rogue looks to be busted in 9.1 and Survival is another story really.

So after all I listed down basically all competitors or you could also say rivals of WW and meanwhile WW has not gotten literally 1 adjustment, not even in PvE.

So what is exactly the point playing with WW when every class is either getting one their “unique” strength (ms) or is being buffed to a point where you would always want to play this class? And I talk here only about 9.1. Right now already, WW is almost replaced in any comp they used to be good in with a warrior. WWDK? Jk TSG is the way now. Mage/WW? Mage/Warrior much better.

Im tired of being a budget warrior with similar damage to a real warrior.

Some changes:

Rework Turbo Fists, instead of parry+slow make it stun enemies for 4 sec. And to not make it broken af the stun is on a 20sec cooldown so it prevents from resetting because of blackout kick cdr.

Fortifying Brew made 1.5 min cd
Touch of Karma absorbs now damage up to a threshold of 100% maximum HP
Reverse Harm made baseline for WW

AoE nimble brew made as new honor talent for WW, it exists for Brewmaster already what it does: covers an area for 8 sec and everyone is immune to CC, similar to war banner. 1.5 min cd atm on PTR.

Adjusting damage to the trade of defensives and utility

What these changes do basically is:

1. Trading damage for utility/defensives
  • overall still a net buff
  1. Giving them a real place as hybrid melee specc, making them more attractive to pickup for setup based comps with decent defensives rather than just for damage.
  2. Give back a bit of old good WW gameplay like it used to in WoD/arguably Legion.

That’s all really, so simple yet so hard for blizzard

4 Likes

I wish they would revert WW to how it was in MoP. Tigers eye brew was awesome, FoF stun and healing spheres.

2 Likes

Aren’t you getting a pvp talent that turns FoF into a stun? Pretty sure I saw that somewhere on wowhead a while ago.

I think warriors replacing classes has been a general problem; the fact they received basically no nerfs and things like intervene, which are clearly dumb, haven’t been changed is baffling.

Interestingly I would say WW and DK suffers from “You’re good in PvE” syndrome right now.

2 Likes

pretty sure that was made up.

i don’t see very many windwalkers anymore actually now that i think about it. for the most part i see warriors in 50 thousand different warrior comps, jungles and wizard cleaves.

After reading yesterday’s patchnote I barely see the reason why would you play this game at all not to mention WW that is glass cannon right now.

Is this game even worth our time and money. Why do we support incompetent devs? Maybe it’s time to let WoW die as I see 0 chance for improvement.

I mean, ww still does insane damage. But i am more annoyed when i face a warrior than when i face a ww on both my pala and my lock. And being less annoyed from ww on a warlock does mean something.

2 Likes

Wouldnt your suggestions make monks even more opressive vs some casters then they allready are when the problem is they have a hard time vs melee?

I feel like a lot of Melees in general felt this, but opposite in the past “Why play X when WW is S+ tier” :man_shrugging: Just how the meta goes, when so many Melees get similar toolkits.

In a lot of these cases(If not all), Warrior was the go to originally anyway, so it’s honestly kind of amusing you’re claiming WW is replaced in these comps, when historically, WW replaced Warrior, and since then it’s been a coinflip on whichever Melee was currently stronger that season.

3 Likes

Don’t know. Feels more like that’s the case with warriors whenever they’re more than passable since they can fit in and take the spot of other melee in any comps they can play.

Whereas that’s true, it’s been the same thing with WW in the past (Hence we saw so many Top Warriors reroll WW for AWC in the past expansions)

Warrior and WW just takes eachothers slot for Comps, depending on which is currently stronger. (And all those comps, used to be Warrior comps, so again, it’s really interesting he mentions them as WW comps)

Well I dont play the game really, just logging in every 2nd or 3rd day to play a bit and that’s it, have to focus on much more important stuff atm.

I am basically waiting for TBC to release. I will make a first impression of 9.1 though like every patch, but if it happens to be the trash I expect then I am just going to quit retail until 9.2 again.

If you are not a spriest or affliction/demo, playing vs WW is probably one of the easiest melees you can face right now tbf

This is what happens when three of the four leather wearing mDPS are glorified copy and pastes.

1 Like

i just hope they rework some pvp talents like Pressure Points and Wind waker, and fix defensivs/buff defensivs, buff karma

the pvp forums just wouldn’t be the same without cutiepie crying about x class being better than monks lmao

Warriors lost the most utility out of all the other dps classes coming from MoP to Legion. Especially legion prune was mega brutal (so much so that they had to add in new stuff like sharpen and duel half-way through the expansion to make them somewhat viable).

Now that they finally have their abilities back, like intervene (which is a fine ability, it should just intervene max 1 ability, not more)., people are acting like it’s an outrage when they are finally more than just a damage / Ms bot.

Warrior being oppressive as hell (that is, hard to kill and dealing mega high damage when they are connected) is not a flaw in game design. That’s how it has been from Vanilla to WoD, and now again in SL.

If I were to change them I’d make def stance baseline once more, remove sharpen blade (no longer required now that the damage is oppressive enough), make intervene catch only 1 ability, and revert the whole talent row with reliable self-heal options like second wind, impending victory and enraged regeneration.

2 Likes

Found the warrior main

As ele main i rather take a warrior any day of the week in my face then monk or dh atleast a warrior you can get away from some what and their damage is easier to handle.
So monk is super oppressive vs 4 caster specs as it is you guys dont need more tools to increase that, fix the specific problem with your squishiness vs other melee.

2 Likes

What’s the point playing WOW

Still the best mmo on the market by far.

1 Like

tbf I much rather face a warrior than a WW in both 2s and 3s as sp.

as a rogue i’d rather face pretty much anything than a warrior.

4 Likes