Whats up with Horde rp?

Orc, Tauren, Troll and many other non-human like character seem much more fun to play than your average human. If you think about it the Alliance is just bunch of human nations that stuck together plus elves, draenei and pandaren (gnomes and dwarfs in my book are on the same level as humans).
In my humble opinion Horde has so much potential for rp with tribes and stuff, and as fas as I know, Horde seems dead on AD.
At the times it feels like Alliance to Horde ratio is 70-30, and my question is why do you think that is happening? Is roleplaying a human (or some variation of human) simply easier and thats why people choose it?

Is there an unknown secret where you are initiated if you revive a thread that’s asked every other day? There is nothing wrong with Horde RP it is just different in how it is handled than Alliance, I think walk up and random RP around Stormwind is more common and yes there is an alliance heavy player base on the server. However Horde RP is there :slight_smile: It’s far more supporting concepts with guilds and using them to make connections and generate story driven RP.

3 Likes

Man I don’t know how you spend your days, but I check out forums casually and I’m not as invested in forums as you are. The fact that people ask this “every day” means that there a lot of folk who think just as I do and we generaly wonder whats going on. No need to get offended by my question or anyone others, if you don’t like it - just pass it and open other thread.
That being said, I appreciate the rest of your text and while it doesn’t answer the whole main question, it does bring some feedback.

3 Likes

I’m not offended it’s more a light hearted remark because it is a topic that gets asked a lot!

3 Likes

Nice bait OP

Yes. Check out any MMORPG and you’ll find that ‘human man in armor with sword’ is consistently both the most played and the most roleplayed. People like their defaults.

7 Likes

This is every race in WoW

14 Likes

Kill all tribes and clan guilds. There is only the Horde.

Elves are even more fun.

Hence our numerical superiority. :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

Underrated comment

Longsword.
Human.
Warrior.

It’s gaming time.

7 Likes

You forgot about ‘For the Norf’ or ‘For Stromgarde!’

The typical “fantasy good guys” are humans, together with dwarves and elves, and it appeals to people. Humans of course are most relatable if you want your standard human knight. There are still a lot of people who enjoy other races in games, they’re just fewer.

1 Like

I have to admit, this is me often, but in a Divinity-game with a mate I broke the cycle and went Lizardman instead!

13 Likes

Sometimes the “Human experience” is both grounded, relatable and humble. It can be just as interesting to explore as the more ‘exotic’ and different races.
Being the micro in the macro, a cog in the machine, a nameless body on a battlefield; you truly see the world of Azeroth from the ground up.

I would confidently claim that it has the potential to be MORE immersive as a Human.
Is the Human experience not the foundation of an epic tale? As we see in the original Warcraft story: Foreign and perhaps alien ‘monsters’ burst into your world, burning and slaughtering in your lands. Orcs, bigger and stronger than you; a true test of your people’s ability. A goal to achieve. A struggle to overcome.

The same goes for the people of Lordaeron; your kingdom and home is wiped out by an endless wave of Undead. Your story starts in the survival and hopes of restoration.
There is much to explore in terms of conflict, but also spirituality and duty. This is just ONE aspect of Human RP, namely The Soldier.

What of the mage? There’s a whole new world of experiences to explore…
A warlock? A pirate? A Defias bandit? The list of potential is endless.

13 Likes

My only diversion usually from this meme is that I go for the spellblade route whenever possible. But sword remains.

4 Likes

First off, what’s most fun or interesting to play is totally subjective. There’s no right or wrong answer. The Horde has no more inherent roleplay ‘potential’ than the Alliance – excluding the fact that there’s a lower population and consequently more niches that people could presumably fill.

Secondly, yes – humans are, broadly speaking, the ‘easiest’ race to play in terms of how quickly we can get to grips with their lore. Blizzard–like many fantasy game developers–present humanity as the everyman race; the jack-of-all-trades. Coupling that with a fairly straightforward feudal/medieval high-fantasy aesthetic and there’s always going to be a lot of players who gravitate toward it.

There’s nothing wrong or worse about humanity in WoW though, they have a lot of cool lore and a shed-load of variety to play with.

Otherwise, Woebloom hits the nail on the head of any other sentiments I was going to write in this post.

7 Likes

This tho, is important too. What I had to say was how I see things. It is absolutely reasonable to look at Humans and go “I’m already one, I find that boring.” - I absolutely used to have this feeling and never made a Human character in WoW, TES etc.

It was only through other Human characters and amazing writing that I found that Humans can be VERY fun to RP.

1 Like

You can do this, but ALSO be a funny little green guy at the same time.
Pick goblin, it’s always the correct choice.

8 Likes

You’re right. Goblins do be micro.

But also Gnomes. Heck why stop there?! Be a cool little Cyborg. Flesh is weak. Machine is immortal.

1 Like