Whats up with Horde rp?

I see so many whacky Vulpera TRPs that I wonder if this furry community has their own special RP bubble inside of the game and are totally dislodged from the rest of the lore and RP going on.

Holdā€™s dwarf back.

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. The Vulpera were just an ā€œoriginal raceā€ which spoke to many people. It was the perfect storm which turned the tides: An unpopular Alliance race VS an extremely popular Horde race for an already player-beaten down, perception-wise, faction.

I continue bringing excellent vulpera RP and endorsing it when I see it (lots of it out there), despite their lore being so small it fits on a candy wrapper. The largest lore drop for them might have been that story in Folk & Fairy Tales of Azeroth, SINCE their introduction. The one about the Wailing Bones (which was really good).
ā€¦I do have to fully agree on the points made about their intro having the effect it did on the RP scene, though. For me, it was downright helpful, because having a character whose race isnā€™t as strictly lore-locked meant I can learn the ropes without being as scrutinized.
Unfortunately the grand majority of players who picked this race took it and ran with it, generally facefirst into a glass door.

1 Like

Personally I think this is a good thing!
As you said, the Vulpera are not Lore-locked
They have lore, just not detailed year-by-year Lore
They adapted to the changed enviroment - so they there before the whole desetrification, potentially making them older than several races on the planet, it was quite a time ago
The vulpera have lived in Volā€™dun as free traders and merchants for countless generations
They were enlsaved and opressed by the Faithless Empire (and actually the Faithless are not a recent power, In ages past, the Faithless attacked the Port of Zemā€™lan, which was under the control of Pirate-King Zemā€™lan and his Zandalari pirates. Ages Past is a brad term, butā€¦ you get the picture)
The vulpera are a keen and intelligent race of nomadic scavengers. They are capable of turning what they find into opportunities to thrive and are skilled at solving problems, no matter their size. Despite their small stature, vulpera are fierce and cunning in battle, bringing down any enemy foolish enough to underestimate them. While they have permanent settlements in burrows, their caravans mostly travel from hideaway to hideaway, scavenging for supplies, trading them where they can, and spreading information they pick up along the way. Their scavenging often takes the form of looting artifacts and treasure from ancient ruins and selling them to the highest bidder. Dwelling in Volā€™dun, the vulpera canā€™t afford to waste resources. Over time, they have learned to take anything that looks even remotely useful and be creative using what they have, and they have learned to recognize value wherever it hides in the desert. When warned that gold from the Port of Zemā€™lan was cursed, Norah replied that ā€œA little curse never kept the vulpera from a worthy treasureā€. Vulpera show a knack for alchemy, using potions and elixirs for a variety of effects.
Each caravan has a Wailing Bone, which is a bone of a dead vulpera inscribed with a poem in an ancient script. This bone lead the caravan to the final resting place of a vulpera who has died, allowing the spirit of the bone to help the dead cross the veil.
And there are the Pirates/seafaring Vulpera.

The Vulpera are the treasuretrove of opportunities
And donā€™t forget, not the whole Race joined the Hordeā€¦ just the little Caravan-coalition led by Kiro. This is a bit similar how actually the Pandaren of Pandaria are neutral, only those from the Turtle joined one or the other factionā€¦
But I think its more fitting to say, the Vulpera let the Horde to tag along :fox_face:
Your average Vulpera is a survivor, resourcefull, opportunistic, and thrive in an enviroment where the Zandalari, the tougest Troll of all, send their criminals to exile to DIE.
I must agree thoā€™ they are not perfect Horde materialā€¦ the Horde compared to the Vulpera is a joke. However, the Vulpera could teach a thing or two to the Horde races about survival and adaptation
Tauren - Almost went extinct thanks to the Centaur
Orc - Almost went extinct, and a few shipfull of them escaped to Kalimondor
Dark Spear Troll - Almost went extinct
Nightborne - Almost went extinc or devolved in to Withered
Blood Elves - Almost went extinct, 10% of the original race and since then keep dying
Forsaken - Already dead, under the new regime I doubt there will be new Undead around, but I guess that litle hint how the warlords of Icecrwon are now on their own after their ā€œkingā€ā€™ is gone, and guess potentially new Forsaken could be ā€œbornā€ free themselves from the freshly rised
Not the best track recordā€¦
Anyone who says, the Vulpera have no place in the Horde are right, they donā€™t need the Horde, they were perfectly fine without the Horde and only Kiroā€™s Caravan joined to help out their friends and be part of something ā€œbiggerā€, but actually they grabbed the opportunity to travel around.
If the Horde suddenly would be gone, the Vulpera wouldnā€™t even notice (to be fair, nor the Tauren at this point or the Elves of any kindā€¦ or that cartelfull of Goblins)
Back to the converstaion!
The Vulpera have enough Lore to be their own thing, but not Lore-locked to be whatever they want.
You potentially could expalin anything why your Vulpera is like that and it would totally fly. There is nothing, literally nothing you canā€™t pull of!

3 Likes

So do I, if handled right. It is a very double edged sword, to me.
On one hand, it gives a lot of creative freedom, and people who started out in WoW RP close to the release of the race (or hell, even nowadays) can use it as a crutch to not have to study up on yearsā€™ worth of racial lore and learn of it IC, much like how the vulpera themselves are gradually learning of Azeroth outside of Zandalar.
On the other, that creative freedom sometimes leads to, frankly, insane nonsense in the RP scene such as creating regional subspecies to a race that wasnā€™t shown or told to exist outside of a singular island or a specific pirate crew.

1 Like

And this is why you do not represent the true Horde. If Garrosh was still here he would have you and your little rat pets burned on a pyre.

This is pretty much on the money but for a few things. While there were definitely those that did not wish to adhere to the consequences of their actions. There were also alot of cases of tribal server politicking.
With charges of treason being drummed up out of thin air if you simply didnt do as you were told by ā€œthe authoritiesā€.

Didnt really mater if you were PCU or not. There were instances of this all over the place at the time and it caused alot of people to abandon Orgrimmar to simply not have to deal with the constant barrage of treason charges.

3 Likes

Yeah but he isnā€™t here because he got owned like the bald whiney punk he always was

9 Likes

#live_rp

4 Likes

He also isnt here

Hes not a real guy

Garrosh had his issues but Iā€™d take him over Sylvanas x Nathanos anytime

2 Likes

The True Horde wich was formed by Gulā€™dan for a porpuse (hint: not the best interst of the orcs in mind) and composed of Mannoroth-blood crazed fools, tossed in to the meatgrinder by their Demon overlords during the First War?
The True Horde wich was played by Nerā€™zul like a harph from Hell during the Second War?
The True Horde that was formed by basically as a Coalition of Survivors of several almost-extinct races?
Exactly what makes a Horde ā€œTrueā€?
So far nothing to be proud of, except the Coalition of Survivor of several almost-extinct races, that one is actually had future and was able to work toward for a better futureā€¦
Or, you know, any future at all

1 Like

You mean the old Horde which attacked Quelā€™thalas and burned its villages and children. Well geee, I wonder why I donā€™t represent their crazy ideas :thinking:

Well he ainā€™t here. Heā€™s in the shadowlands answering for his sins.

Also a leader that almost drove off the Darkspear, Blood elves, and undead is not a very good leader when you lose faction members. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

If you play a vulpera just donā€™t force anything on to other roleplayers, there are some that donā€™t even want the race to be part of the game and no matter if you agree or not that is absolutely fine.

In my experience if played as nomads from Azeroth and not Furries in World of Warcraft, then people are more than willing to accept and rp with you. But making (joke) rants about how bad the horde is wonā€™t help and only lead to even more arguing.

1 Like

Heā€™s not even in the SHadowlands anymore, he died there so heā€™s deader than dead at the moment.

1 Like

Heā€™s not anymore, he basically said; ā€œIā€™m not sorryā€ and yeeted himself out of existance.

Actually the chad move, and i say that as somebody who didnā€™t care for him.

7 Likes

God damn, I love Garrosh.

3 Likes

Kinda rolled that for my Etienne char (loyal to the Alliance but also more than happy to break the law if he can get away with it, so still some bit Alteraci)

Horde RP is there and Orgrimmar will live again.
Alliance is easier to get into in terms of lore and ā€œrelateabilityā€ i guess?
But if you want to go for the noble savage, the spiritual shamans, the mystic hex doctors or hardy survivors that have a great culture that isnā€™t ā€œhumans > the worldā€ but could rival them in its complexity, give Hore a try.
We might not be as ā€œsqueaky clean good guysā€ looking.
But we have good people in it too.

As for Vulpera.
They are the most true Horde race introduced into the Horde for a while now.
IF you see the Horde as a coalition of different races from various backgrounds who had to face hardship and in many cases almost extinction, slavery or opression.
Yes the Vulpera have not as much Lore as the Zandalari for example, but they will get more here and there.
Yet their Lore states that they are highly adaptable. Heck that is why we see Vulpera Kirin Tor in Dragon Flight.
These Fox People learn and adapt, they can make it anywhere!
Yes their roots always will be from Volā€™dun, and that is as fine as a background as it is.
If you survive in a Desert where everything wants to kill you and donā€™t have huge Walls to hide beind, or magic barries, mystic fog, green planes and tall mountain ranges, or are undead allready, you learn to make the most of anything you have.
If that is something the Horde does not stand for ā€œSurviving at all costs, against how many odds if everything wants you DEAD!ā€
then i donā€™t know what is.
Vulpera are Horde as much as any other Horde race has the right to be.
-Oari

1 Like