When fresh

What happent when people could choose between TBCC and era?

Era got very low pop fast.

Era would be absolutely deserted if we had fresh.

People will always move to the next new thing.

I just don’t understand why someone would want to re-grind gear or gold tho.

Like warriors doing 300 BRD arena runs and then a few months later they have to do it again?

Not to mention Thunderfury or Zulian tiger?

No permanence, No attachments, Just discard and redo.

So if everyone moves to fresh, I guess that is what ppl wants then. Then era is not so super as ppl argue for in here

With thst argument, Do you also think that about TBCC?

1 Like

people don’t want fresh every few months, well obviously theres going to be that odd person who plays 24/7 and just wants to level over and over again, but most players don’t want that

it’s been almost 4 years since classic release and blizzard has done everything in their power to wear down the vanilla playerbase. they’ve done a lot of damage to peoples first impression of vanilla as well.

personally i’d like Molten core to last a few months then BWL will last for at least a year then we get AQ40. P6 is the death of the server. most people have no intention of raiding naxx. not to mention that the gear is so unbalanced and it becomes too much of a time sink to progress new characters in a world where most people are already BIS

“Impossible” (Friday-Sunday last week were pugs here and there for any content except Nax). I was in MC pug on Friday

Lmao at the cycle of stupidity repeating itself.

1 Like

No fresh servers for PvE players.

We really need a fresh server with regular time line.

ERA guys feel free to AFK with your naxx toons at SW/ORG.

Face it fresh will pump more souls to ERA eventually :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not all. I for one do not like the endless progression. Let’s say I want to start surfing. The better I get, the more fun I have, see? I want the same in WoW, specially after months of /played. Starting over is simply not fun mate.

They did it to cannibalize players from each other’s playerbase, or because they died.
Nostalrius died, then everyone moved to Kronos, which created Kronos II to accommodate players. Kronos I almost died b/c of this. Kronos II almost died because everyone went to Elysium. Kronos I and II merged to salvage a pretty small pop. Elysium died b/c of corruption. Then Kronos released Kronos III, which saw high pop for like 3 weeks. Then most moved to Light’s Hope leaving Kronos III almost dead. Then bots and chinese happened in LH, a bunch of people went back to Kronos III
 need to say more?

It was a sh*tshow mate.

Era held a very small pop b/c of the paid clone fiasco. We have recovered though, and with the exception of, say, the first 3 months of TBC, Era has been a great place to be.
Zero chance Era would be deserted. Many like the idea of keeping their progression and do not enjoy the hard reset once again. SoM did nothing to our pop, nor Wotlk or DF. ZERO impact.

The latest horde census was published today for both horde and alliance, 4.6k players online, of which 70%+ are levelers.

Is all this info so difficult to find? Or is this just people saying vague things for the sake of it?

And btw fresh would be good long term for Era
 but still
 surprised about the arguments

2 Likes

Hopefully soon, because blizzard decided to move all my characters to wotlk without my permission so all my invested time ended up in the trashcan and restricts me from playing to era without farming again the same things i farmed on my 8 previous classic characters.

I read arguments again and again that fresh is pointless, will die soon, go play on Era.
Regardless of how long it lasts before “dying”, it will be of benefit to all of us who want our fresh classic fix.

Yes. but for max 2 months. Then fresh Classic servers will be dead Classic servers.

True but that’s why transfers exist.

You honestly expect transfers to be open after two months? PCT might come after a year maybe.

But Era isn’t going anywhere, is it? What’s the problem with waiting?

I want fresh too. I’m leveling on Firemaw Era, it’s good experience, but it’s still different. It’s P6. People will just straight up go to ZG/AQ20.

1 Like

Fresh would be nice. I wouldn’t mind a fresh server once pr year maybe. Just merge some of other low pop servers. Just have the original server name in front of the name in chat and people can all keep their names.

There are 8 PVE server in era now, the only one with high pop is the hardcore server, all the others are low.

There is 28 PVP servers. 10 is high pop, 18 is low. There is no medium pop servers in era atm.

Merging the 2 lowest PVP and the 2 lowest PVE server would free up room for 1 new server of each type, and might also create new life to servers that are almost dead. I don’t see the problem. People that have spend a lot of time on their char, can keep their progress, noone is forcing them to reroll again, and the other people gets to enjoy their fresh server. Keep merging the 2 lowest server every year when a new server comes out, you don’t get more dead realms.

If the 2 lowest PVP/PVE servers are too high pop to be merged, then maybee there is actual room for new servers?

I do not believe it is pointless.

I do believe however, that most people play it out of hype. Getting a Classic fix can be summarized as getting a dopamine fix for many.

Nothing against that. Is just a valid argument as well.

2 Likes

I am also playing on era* and leveling a new character, that does not mean that I like the concept of certain people already having P6 bis or naxx already being open. People generally don’t like that feeling and it’s obviously reflected by the demand for fresh servers

you’re right though, i should not have said that most people already have BIS, not sure why I did tbh.