When will the alliance bias end

Like many fans of the RTS games, I really feel you here. I can still remember that mission in W3 where the humans and orcs form a joint base on Mount Hyjal, so Shandris Feathermoon kills a Silver Hand pally and then runs the remaining humans and orcs out of the area. Like…why would either faction be amenable toward such wild wood elves after the Legion was beaten back? Either case would seem equally implausible.

1 Like

So, this last patch:

The Forsaken get to reclaim Tirisfal and Lordaeron Keep. They get a decently crafted questline that advances their story in a meaningful way along with a cinematic, they get the long awaited Dark Ranger customisation options and a mog set to match.

The Blood Elves get a decently crafted questline that advances their story, informs us about the current state of some azerothian affairs, re introduces some old characters all grown up, and they unlock their heritage weapons.

So, what do the Dark Irons get for their own heritage weapon questline?

Do they get a questline that advances in any way the Cult of Ragnaros storyline, which was left unresolved on their unlock scenario and which is the only pure Dark Iron storyline left?

Do they get a questline letting us know what Dagran Thaurissan II, the heir apparent to the Dark Iron throne and potentially all of Dwarves is doing, in the process letting us know what the current state of dwarven affairs is?

Oh, do they maybe get an awesome questline where they get to actually save Dagran from an assassination attempt orchestrated by the Cult of Ragnaros, combining the two obvious options described above?

No, they get an absolutely throwaway crap of a “questline” which does nothing to give any lore scrap at all to one of the most neglected playable races in the setting (and God knows when the dwarves will actually get another chance to a storyline of their own and god also knows if the devs will throw that chance away again in favour of cheap “hurr durr, dwarves drink and craft and stuff” nonsense).

Meanwhile, Erevien: ThE aLliAnCe BiAs MuSt EnD.

Like, I have been part of the forums long enough to know when to ignore or when to participate in an Erevien thread, but honestly, the timing of his “Alliance bias” escapade this time around is peak irony.

3 Likes

What do you expect, from an allied race exactly? They’re in the exact same boat as the Mag’har&co. If anything complain about overabundance of Humans and Night Elves…

Undercity is still lost and Sylvanas is in the Maw. Also that hoe Calia became our leader. The Forsaken are now in a worse shape then ever before.

Half of Silvermoon is in ruins. Ghostlands is still full of undead. The Blood elves didn’t gain anything from this. Stop lying.

So does the alliance. They even have two races for it.

Just a polearm. Nothing else. Dark irons got much more here.

Alliance got the much better quests here. Stop crying. Check your privilige.

They hate me because I speak the truth.

To this day the alliance still has all races which get represented the most of in the lore. Being Draenei, Night Elves and humans. The Horde got nothing that compares to all the screentime the Alliance got since MoP.

No. It is not lost, the was the whole point of the questline. The Forsaken purged the plague from Undercity.

No, he wasn’t lying, he wasn’t even talking about Silvermoon and the Ghostlands. If you are unable to read what other people were talking about, it’s probably not the smartest move to call them “liars”.

It’s almost adorable how you quote twitter activists that fight for actual justice.
But at least the irony in “Stop crying” is spot on.

Or because your “repeat” button is stuck.
Or because you simply ignore any argument that disproves you.
Or because usually, you don’t even have arguments yourself.
Or because you switch to roleplay mode whenever someone disproves your claims.
Or because you don’t keep agreements.
Or because you claim to speak for a majority on a regular base, which you obviously don’t.
But sure, let’s go with the “truth”-thing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As long a Blizzard doesn’t tell the story according to your headcanon, you’ll always claim that “the Horde got nothing”.

2 Likes

Go ingame. The Undercity is locked. You can’t enter it. Also funny how you ignored my comment about Calia. But I know you support her because you know she makes the Horde weak and you are an alliance fanboy who jizzes over the idea that the Horde gets bad story from Blizzard.

Its not my fault that your fragile ego crumbles under the idea that the blood elfs got a single questline which doesn’t add anything to their overall lore at all. If Blizzard really cared about the blood elf lore they would have us finally rebuild the rest of Quel’thalas instead of having most of it laying in ruins still because of the Scourge. How can you explain that? And give me a real argument this time.

I fight for the Horde. And I will continue to do that until Blizzard implements my ideas into the game.

Because its true. The Horde got nothing. Meanwhile the alliance gets Gilneas back and strengthen their hold on Stromgarde. That is 2 more fully fleshed kingdoms for the humans which they didn’t need since Stormwind is already bigger then any other nation in the lore.

Their heritage weapon questline evidently is supposed to mirror that of the Blood Elves, and they have enough open plot threads to base a small but decent storyline on.

The fact that they are an allied race is besides the point. Their heritage weapon “questline” is a zero effort atrocity.

2 Likes

Yet, they purged it and can “live” there again. You may not like it, but your claim is disproven, Undercity is not “lost”.
(That said, you can still enter it by talking to the Bronze Dragonflight NPC, so… wrong again).
Fine, if you want me to address the Calia thing - congratulations, you’ve played yourself again. She is not “the” leader, she is one voice in the leading council.
Add to that, that you have been crying for months about “the fact that the horde leaders have no magical powers at all and are weak compared to the alliance”.

You’re really entering whole new dimensions of self-mockery.

That’s easy. Your whole “argument” is (just as I said) “If Blizzard cared about the BE lore, they would follow MY wishes and my wishes only”. That said, I have no idea why Blizzard doesn’t see the need to give the Draenei- and Blood Elf-starting areas / capitals a long overdue rework.

Then… you don’t fight “for the Horde”, you fight for yourself and yourself only. I mean… you literally just admitted that. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Going by your Undercity logic in the beginning of your post - is Gilneas repopulated already ingame? Is it an Alliance capital?

Spoilers: Of course not. Right now, Undercity is way closer to being an ingame capital again than Gilneas. Am I smelling a double standard in your “argumentation”?

2 Likes

Calia is not Horde and never will be.

And that is still true. Calia would never harm the alliance with her powers. Meanwhile Jaina rolled all over the Zandalari in Patch 8.1. The double standard is obvious here.

You can do the same with Teldrassil. Still there are ton of night elf fans crying about it. I just add a Horde voice to the scenery. Since the rest of Forsaken community evaporated 3 years ago.

If Blizzard cared about a good Forsaken government they would have added some voices who hate the alliance instead of people who crawl into Anduins butt like Voss and Calia do. We need more black bride and Mortuus instead of palidd lady.

I am the last true patriot of the faction. All the others have surrendered to alliance bias.

Calia wants to withdraw all Forsaken forces from there. That is literally the first step. The other way around you don’t see Anduin advocating for pulling his forces back from Azshara and Durotar. Explain that to me.

Disproven. She’s part oft new Desolate Council, your headcanon doesn’t matter.

Now you’re speculating. :yawning_face:

The Alliance attack on Zandalar happened BEFORE the Zandalari officially joined the Horde. That said, do you even know what “double standard” means?

Irrelevant, that wasn’t the point. You said that you can’t enter Undercity ingame, which is false (but also not important in this discussion).

Once again you reply “If Blizzard cared about the Forsaken lore, they would follow MY wishes and my wishes only”.

Then why are you always using “we” whenever you demand something? At least be honest and make it “I” or “I and my 25 YT-followers”.

So you agree that Gilneas is not an Alliance capital right now and nowhere near repopulation. (And no, you will not bait me by moving away from your original argument that “the Alliance got Gilneas back”, which is hereby disproven :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

Ultimately DIDs are a glorified Dwarf reskin. I’m surprised they got a herritage questline at all, as I’m uncertain some proper races even got theirs like Worgen or Dreanei. It’s not that i don’t appreciate how disappointing it can be, but rather that i think there are bigger fish to fry regarding recent lore.

Rastakhan was killed because he was an ally of the Horde. Also the Horde betrayed the Zandalari since they did nothing to punish Jaina. All in all the Zandalari were bamboozled in the most pathetic way possible. Kul Tiras joined the Alliance at full power. Meanwhile Zandalar had to be beaten to a pulp and losing everything what made them cool. Thanks the the attack they are a ruined nation now.

Anduin and Jaina are her closest friends. And she has proven she wouldn’t harm the alliance since she didn’t tell the rest of the Horde about the alliance spies send by Greymane in the alliance side of the new questline.

I can send you a screenshot. The ruins of Lordaeron aren’t the actual city. If you know how Forsaken work you would know that. But it seems to me you have never been in Undercity by yourself. So i know you argue in bad faith.

Whether they are a reskin or not appearance wise, doesn’t really matter. Most allied races are unique enough culture wise and lore wise to have stories based on them, and some of them like the DIs and the Maghar even have open plot threads left that could be utilized.

They chose DIs because their weapon models were already in game, simple as. The hammer, axe and shield were datamined a long time ago, during BFA, but were made available to players now. That really doesn’t excuse how poorly made the questline to obtain them is, especially when there are plot threads concerning the race that are either open and could utilized to make something more satisfying or that they could actually easily involve the parent race (the dwarves) who are starved for anything new just as much. It just screams laziness or at least disinterest.

My overall point was that Erevien’s timing for opening his next “Alliance bias” thread was hilariously bad, given the recent content added.

2 Likes

Again: Irrelevant. That wasn’t the point of the argument.

So did Velonara, she saw through the disguises as well and stayed silent - are the Dark Rangers now traitors, too? :poop:
Stay with me, here comes a mind-blowing, freaking crazy idea: Maybe they didn’t harm them, because… the Alliance agents were actually helping them?!

Even though this point continues to be irrelevant for the discussion, once again, simplified for you:
Erevien: “You can’t enter undercity in the game.”
Dontcarevien: “Yeah… Technically, that’s incorrect. You can timewalk to the “OLD” Undercity. Anyway, that doesn’t matter.”
Erevien: “But… I can send you a screenshot how it is, you probably don’t know the Forsaken because you have never been there and I just assumed that so it must be true xDDDDDDD” :clown_face:

Got it now? The only thing you have proven by that is you keep missing the point.

1 Like

That’s not really what the thread is about tho. The Horde got put through the ringer recently and the Forsaken especially got curbstomped, in a way that will be tough to come back from. Particularly after being saddled with Calia… It’s not as terrible as it could have been, but it’s far from good.

1 Like

The “thread is about” the headcanon of one player that keeps reposting the same threads over and over again (just search for “alliance bias” and his name). Players like you (who mean well) just validate his self-righteous ego trip by feeding him arguments, unfortunately even when he literally says that HE won’t stop until Blizzard fullfills HIS wishes. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

No, the Horde AND the Alliance have been put through the ringer recently. Erevien, as usual, just ignores the fact that the same events that concluded with the Forsaken curbstomped, also, for example, left one Alliance race genocided, two homeless and made everyone on team blue hold the moronball during their tenure as background extras on the Horde crapshow, while also turning the faction, as a whole, completely into Anduin Empire and pals, just because Danuser said in an interview that the Alliance won two warfronts that will barely matter in the long run.

Contrary to what Erevien might believe, someone’s favourite faction or race being in a miserable state is not a zero sum game with the other races and/or factions. There is enough room for all of us to be disappointed. One can argue all they want about who got it worse, but by that point that boils down to personal opinion and little more.

3 Likes

Aliance lost nothing of consequence. No name NPCs are an infinite resource since we all know Blizz doesn’t have the restraint to make it matter, while the tree is going to be regrown due to the seed thing Tyrande got.

Less is more, when it comes to being bombarded by fecal matter. Aliance has suffered from being Humans&co, from basically the get go way back in the RTS days. It’s just more obnoxious, with Anduin and the human potential :smiley:

Which will take a lot of time. (ever seen how gigantic teldrassil was?) They will much more likely let the forsaken rebuild undercity and give back gilneas to the alliance which also will be rebuilt. This’d also make sense in world building context to compensate both factions with the same number of capital cities.

1 Like

Maybe not a lot of time if the Dragon Aspects, Malfurion and other powerful characters help its grow and bless it since the beginning…and also for Gilneas it depends if Blizzard still want the main Worgen group to live alongside the Night Elves in their capital like it was in Darnassus, or not… if not, maybe Gilneas will still be reclaimed by the Alliance (Calia has to discuss the matter both with the council of the Forsaken and the Horde leaders council after all, so it’s not a finalized decision to withdraw the Forsaken troops just yet), but that Gilneas will become a proper Alliance capital city in the (far) future is very iffy anyway, for Blizzard the new Night Elf (and maybe Worgen at the same time, too) capital has priority over Gilneas clearly

1 Like