When will the alliance bias end

Don’t worry. Once I am back to the german forums everything will be good again. I will not allow alliance fanboys to spread their message.

Whenever you try to “silence” anyone, you get yourself banned. There’s no reason to be worried.

Actually they were already ruined in Vanilla WoW when they joined the Alliance (and lost most of their allies of the forest and natural powers they had back then)… but realistically they would have never joined a faction that is known for their intense arcane study and usage and technological developments.

Especially Dwarves who ruin the land by digging so much and gnomes who pollute the environment with their machines and mechanical stuff (not as bad as Goblins admittedly, but still.)

Human and Gnome mages would already be seen with very high distrust, but the Alliance accepting Warlocks to operate in their capital cities “for the greater good” of the faction, even if hiding in basements? No way the WC3 Night Elves (and later Draenei, too) would accept to join a faction that allows that. Not to mention making the whole Horde an open enemy again for themselves for being the only Alliance race in Kalimdor and after they had already seen what the Warsong clan alone could do in Ashenvale (deforesting much of the zone and killing a lot of sentinels and even Cenarius) …it makes no sense even from a strategic point of view, sorry. They would have stayed a neutral faction, but in this way they would not be able to be playable…

And so it was just made for balancing the decision of letting the Forsaken join the Horde (indeed to this day with recent WoW novels and lore books like the Chronicles, we know more and have better logical and detailed explanations for the Forsaken and even the Blood Elves joining the Horde rather than the real reasons for the Night Elves in the Alliance…)

Both Forsaken and Night Elves had little reason to join their respective factions, but Blizzard needed to make them playable in the early days as it was these two races, along with the Orcs and Humans who had 2 major stories from Warcraft 3.

Plus, questions would have been asked about what happened to Tyrande, Sylvanas and Malfurion.

But WoW Classic was never known for it’s grand scale storytelling. Each zone had it’s own grand lore, with 1 or 2 major quest NPCs.

2 Likes

Oh the glory days. sigh

I wish it would have stayed that way.

The Forsaken had a decent pragmatic reason, for seeking allies, while being able to offer quite the lot in the north of eastern kingdoms. The tenuous bit is more around the Horde accepting them.

Night Elves on the other hand got absolutely gutted to fit the aliance mold, while directly antagonising their neighbors, who helped them just as much as the humans and overall had vastly more in common with them…

1 Like

well fantastic news Wilbert … wow classic is that way and its completely dead :stuck_out_tongue: clearly it was not that great after all

The gameplay and graphics are pretty unappealing by modern standards, and the lack of “new” content certainly doesn’t help. I haven’t noticed any complaints about the story, though. :wink:

Outside a few highlights like Manor Mistmantle, attunement lines and such it’s wholly unremarkable, if we talk strictly about the story. TBCC story tho… calling it a damned mess would be putting it lightly. (Esp, if you rolled a Blelf)

Indeed. Which is a good thing, if you suck at stories. Like the WoW team usually does. WoW got big with unremarkable stories. Even bad ones. The more the story took the spotlight, the worse it felt. TBC wasn’t much better than Shadowlands, looking bad at it… But the story was just such a minor thing that most people didn’t really care so much. That’s what I want back. I don’t think Blizzard is able to do one good story as a focus point ever. But they can do loads of unimportant stories, some of which will be cool. So… that’s the model I would like back.

I get you, but that’s why i think Wrath, Cata and MoP are pretty much the pinnacle of WoW. Because even if you have more stories going on they need to at the very least not contradict each other and make sense together, as a cohesive package. Both TBC and SL have failed to do that due to this wierd reluctance to actually do storytelling. And for the record telling a scattered story through clues Dark Souls style is waaaaaay harder to pull off, in a passable manner.

Do you really? I mean, ideally you do, sure, but for the mass audience that WoW was always going for? The nerdier nerds were happy if they had contradictions to uncover and discuss, and the rest just didn’t notice them, because the game kept them mostly seperate. It’s way easier to keep apart if you stay away from stuff like spaceship invasions, alternate dimensions and world wars, though.

Oh, I didn’t argue for that. I mean… it would be great if it worked, and I wouldn’t mind if they tried to go for that, because I think failure would be much less catastrophic than in the epic story model if (or rather when) they failed… But I’m fine with much less cohesion than that. I’m mostly here for the themepark, not the novelization, nor the movie.

The mass audience is comprised of many viewpoints. Many don’t care about the story at all, while others go through it normally. The nerds among nerds, who search for these things happen organically regardless of the original product, but we’ve seen what it looks like, when Blizzard specifically tries to write it around fostering that speculation. We get Shadowlands and that Broker book.

Like many fans of the RTS games, I really feel you here. I can still remember that mission in W3 where the humans and orcs form a joint base on Mount Hyjal, so Shandris Feathermoon kills a Silver Hand pally and then runs the remaining humans and orcs out of the area. Like…why would either faction be amenable toward such wild wood elves after the Legion was beaten back? Either case would seem equally implausible.

1 Like

So, this last patch:

The Forsaken get to reclaim Tirisfal and Lordaeron Keep. They get a decently crafted questline that advances their story in a meaningful way along with a cinematic, they get the long awaited Dark Ranger customisation options and a mog set to match.

The Blood Elves get a decently crafted questline that advances their story, informs us about the current state of some azerothian affairs, re introduces some old characters all grown up, and they unlock their heritage weapons.

So, what do the Dark Irons get for their own heritage weapon questline?

Do they get a questline that advances in any way the Cult of Ragnaros storyline, which was left unresolved on their unlock scenario and which is the only pure Dark Iron storyline left?

Do they get a questline letting us know what Dagran Thaurissan II, the heir apparent to the Dark Iron throne and potentially all of Dwarves is doing, in the process letting us know what the current state of dwarven affairs is?

Oh, do they maybe get an awesome questline where they get to actually save Dagran from an assassination attempt orchestrated by the Cult of Ragnaros, combining the two obvious options described above?

No, they get an absolutely throwaway crap of a “questline” which does nothing to give any lore scrap at all to one of the most neglected playable races in the setting (and God knows when the dwarves will actually get another chance to a storyline of their own and god also knows if the devs will throw that chance away again in favour of cheap “hurr durr, dwarves drink and craft and stuff” nonsense).

Meanwhile, Erevien: ThE aLliAnCe BiAs MuSt EnD.

Like, I have been part of the forums long enough to know when to ignore or when to participate in an Erevien thread, but honestly, the timing of his “Alliance bias” escapade this time around is peak irony.

3 Likes

What do you expect, from an allied race exactly? They’re in the exact same boat as the Mag’har&co. If anything complain about overabundance of Humans and Night Elves…

Undercity is still lost and Sylvanas is in the Maw. Also that hoe Calia became our leader. The Forsaken are now in a worse shape then ever before.

Half of Silvermoon is in ruins. Ghostlands is still full of undead. The Blood elves didn’t gain anything from this. Stop lying.

So does the alliance. They even have two races for it.

Just a polearm. Nothing else. Dark irons got much more here.

Alliance got the much better quests here. Stop crying. Check your privilige.

They hate me because I speak the truth.

To this day the alliance still has all races which get represented the most of in the lore. Being Draenei, Night Elves and humans. The Horde got nothing that compares to all the screentime the Alliance got since MoP.

No. It is not lost, the was the whole point of the questline. The Forsaken purged the plague from Undercity.

No, he wasn’t lying, he wasn’t even talking about Silvermoon and the Ghostlands. If you are unable to read what other people were talking about, it’s probably not the smartest move to call them “liars”.

It’s almost adorable how you quote twitter activists that fight for actual justice.
But at least the irony in “Stop crying” is spot on.

Or because your “repeat” button is stuck.
Or because you simply ignore any argument that disproves you.
Or because usually, you don’t even have arguments yourself.
Or because you switch to roleplay mode whenever someone disproves your claims.
Or because you don’t keep agreements.
Or because you claim to speak for a majority on a regular base, which you obviously don’t.
But sure, let’s go with the “truth”-thing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As long a Blizzard doesn’t tell the story according to your headcanon, you’ll always claim that “the Horde got nothing”.

2 Likes

Go ingame. The Undercity is locked. You can’t enter it. Also funny how you ignored my comment about Calia. But I know you support her because you know she makes the Horde weak and you are an alliance fanboy who jizzes over the idea that the Horde gets bad story from Blizzard.

Its not my fault that your fragile ego crumbles under the idea that the blood elfs got a single questline which doesn’t add anything to their overall lore at all. If Blizzard really cared about the blood elf lore they would have us finally rebuild the rest of Quel’thalas instead of having most of it laying in ruins still because of the Scourge. How can you explain that? And give me a real argument this time.

I fight for the Horde. And I will continue to do that until Blizzard implements my ideas into the game.

Because its true. The Horde got nothing. Meanwhile the alliance gets Gilneas back and strengthen their hold on Stromgarde. That is 2 more fully fleshed kingdoms for the humans which they didn’t need since Stormwind is already bigger then any other nation in the lore.

Their heritage weapon questline evidently is supposed to mirror that of the Blood Elves, and they have enough open plot threads to base a small but decent storyline on.

The fact that they are an allied race is besides the point. Their heritage weapon “questline” is a zero effort atrocity.

2 Likes