When will the Blood Elves leave the Horde?

Since cross faction gameplay is now a thing, I don’t see why the Blood Elf storyline has to suffer any longer for the the sake of “gameplay” and “faction identity”.

I want a High elf and Blood elf reunification. Make Lor’Themar pay for kicking the High Elves out in the first place.

Its not a major story thing whatsoever, it is purely there to save the ailing alliance playerpool (which we don’t notice on AD but is really real outside of RP) from becoming extinct, there is no lore or story relation to it, it’s just a gameplay thing

I’m not saying this out of spite or to be contrarian, I genuinely do not believe blizzard will ever move any race from any faction to any other faction once they have gone live

Personally I believe Lor’themar constantly flirting with the alliance is the biggest pain in the blood elf story and the main reason the blood elves have simply not grown at all
The whole she bends to the sun bit was also generally cringe, there’s a scar on your doorstep, go and try to fix that instead.
Your people got butchered on command of Jaina, now you are siding with Jaina to kill a surviver of the Dalaran purge.

Atleast we agree that Lor’themar is a joke but for entirely different reasons

1 Like

The bare minimum change would be to make the guards in Silvermoon City non-hostile to Void Elves. World PvP is dead anyway.

Just curious here… how would you like to see them developed away from Alliance compability? Not to bash the Horde, but what makes Belves so Alliance-ish is how civilized they are. Culturally the difference between Elves and the Kalimdor Horde is just much larger than the differences to their neighbours were, which is why the decision to stay in the Horde always felt like a political one, and politics can change easier than culture.

That said… culture can change. Is that would you have liked to see? Belves exploring if the Tauren An’she-teachings could be a good fit for their Sunwell worship? Embracing their trollish ancestry? Learning from the Orcs to reject the more unnecessary comforts of civilization to harden themselves? Not saying that this wouldn’t be a more interesting concept than what we have, but to me it would sound like making them… well, less elvish. Which is a good thing in my book, but I wouldn’t have thought many elf players would agree. :wink:

Even better: WoW races need proper pantheons like the Aedra and Daedra from The Elder Scrolls. Blood Elves should have their Akatosh, who’s known by a different name to different people, but also their Julianos and Herma Mora.

No. Elves were shaped in the image of an actual immortal goddess, and that shape existed long before Trolls came to be. The trollish ancestry is not more meaningful than the rock and clay Vrykul were created from.

Like, uh, what literally happened after the Scourge invasion?

You consent, I don’t

That’s hard, I can mostly tell you what I wouldn’t do but I’d just be repeating myself on Lor’themars actions throughout the story.

I’d probably focus more on stories that are more racially themed where idk, orcs in orcish land run into something really arcaney above their heads, belves come in. Something simple like that.

Liadrin with the BK’s being present in Orgrimmar to help with security after Sylvanas left was a really cool thing that was already done.

Personally I don’t think the contrast between civilized and uncivilized is jarring or even a bad thing, if anything it brings way more life to the horde and is the main reason why I enjoy horde so much more then alliance.

That would probably be the best way, introduce through overlap and after that introduction explore the differences. As for accepting their trollish heritage, if we take that troll statue quest from Suramar super serious either they have (your ancestor troll statue pranks) or they’re in denial that they come from Night Elves
I don’t think they’d need hardening from Orcs, I cannot see Blood Elves after the great culling of Quel’thalas by Arthas ever valueing honour over survival, but that’s my take.

As for them being less elvish, I don’t know, I already see the blood elves as hard asses and in some ways having more potential to malice then most of the other races purely by TBC and their TFT campaign but still that train of thought feels like it’s in the right corner of finding overlap then exploring contrast after having brought them together by overlap, if that makes sense

2 Likes

Well, tell that to Blizzards story writers.
It is in the game and I am very much the type of RPer who takes lore from quests
I don’t always find everything enjoyable but hey it is what it is man

1 Like

What’s interesting about the quest is that Night Elves apparantly think all Blood Elves suck fel magic. At least according to the Darnassus Sentinels.

Simply Lor’themar’s actions are not consistent, with the overarching elvish characterisation of pride. His teaming up with Jaina at all is questionable, admitting any kind of fault over what happened during MoP or BfA even more so. Allow pride to naturally form an impass and let it develop from there.

Show them learning to appreciate the other races’ ways for what they are, whilst still believing their own way is the best. It’s not their obligation to help they’re doing the rest a favor by being there. Both Sin’dorei and Shal’dorei are meant to be stuck up to no end let them be that way, for flavor’s sake.

2 Likes

I think this is more a case of Blood Elves considering themselves the superior last step of their chain of evolution (well, the very last steps are now Void Elves / Felblood Elves, depending if you consider the Void and Fel corruption different steps of mutation or not, but in general as Thalassian Elves they are still the last step), so they don’t really feel bad / they don’t have to accept the direct correlation with their troll ancestors exactly because the Night Elves are in between.

For example, if in real life I try to insult a person by saying “you act like a monkey”, they will most likely feel very offended, because monkeys are our direct primitive ancestors. But if I try to insult them by saying “you act like a fish” (fishes are the first complex lifeforms that appeared on Earth and technically our very first distant progenitors, too), that person will most likely…not feel very insulted at all, because in real life humans feel no direct connection to identify themselves as fishes anyway as they consider themselves too superior and fishes too primitive to be their own relatives, so people don’t feel insulted by being called fishes just like Blood Elves might feel nothing in regard to their distant trollish heritage too anyway. :fish: :speak_no_evil: :running_man:

(and in any case just for being into the Horde and fighting alongside SOME Trolls tribes they honor their ancestry, more than the Night Elves at the very least) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Blood elves are Horde. Accept that and move on. Alliance scum like yourself will never be allowed to walk freely in our glorious city of silvermoon.

1 Like

Nice to see you again in these realms of the internet, Ere

Well both Sin’dorei and Shal’dorei extend from both the former Elven Capital of Zin-Azshari and the second-city, the jewel of the Empire, Suramar.

In essence we have the Highborne descendants from Zin-Azshari and the Highborne of Suramar, in unison. Now we could include High Elves and Void Elves, but they don’t live in the city that was created, built and established by the first Highborne of Quel’Thalas.

1 Like

The blood elves will never leave the Horde.

1 Like

It seems like there’s a chance they could return in Silvermoon in the next expansion (and maybe stay in the ruined part?).

There’s the main leak about the new Dragonflight expansion (still not confirmed I think though) saying that Quel’thalas will be finally updated but it also says Silvermoon will become a city with some “hostile mobs” in it, so Blizzard will make Silvermoon more or less like Suramar maybe.

So it’s either hostile mobs from the Alliance ( returning Void Elves/ High Elves) or maybe from the Scourge or Amani, but this seems less likely as the Scourge just suffered yet another defeat even when led by a San’layn…

1 Like

Well let’s not start sprinting before we’re walking.

We’ve got to remember that the original link had got many things wrongs, including the announcement date, no mention of 9.2.5, no mention of Season 4.

Lets wait and see for what 2 weeks on Tuesday brings.

I mean, if Quel’Thalas was to be lost to everyone, then I reckon Azsuna would be a great place for the Blood Elves to settle - make the Broken Isles more of a Horde-centric place (but again, I’d prefer them to stay in Quel’Thalas.)

3 Likes

Why would the blood elves leave their kingdom? That’s like the people saying the night elves could make their home in Gilneas.

Unrealistic, unreasonable and frankly utterly stupid.

Instead the blood elves could (and probably would) make their capital around the Sunwell on the Isle of Quel’danas if Quel’thalas ever was lost to them again.

It’s not large, but it has their most holy and most important source of strength.

Broken Isle basicly is already entirelly Horde. With the Aszuna Highborne bieng essentially neutral, the Cenarion Circle bieng neutral and the vrykul not caring for anything outside of Stormheim.

3 Likes

Somehow i don’t see the Void Elves getting anywhere near Sunwell or Silvermoon, without dealing with their void problem or violence, because their exile was not based on stigma, but pragmatic logic of them endangering everyone. (And following in dar’khan’s footsteps)

1 Like

Ah, I define Quel’Thalas to also include the Isle so, if we talk about “Blood Elves losing Quel’Thalas” then I refer to them losing Quel’Danas, Eversong and the Ghostlands.

But again, I don’t want this to happen. I think the Blood Elf fanbase deserves to have the Quel’Thalas update first.

I don’t think the Isle is big enough to house all Blood Elves. At this stage, I’ve heard that it houses the Elite Sin’dorei Magisters and the Sunwell Guards (not sure if canon.)

Possibly debatable.

It’s a small thing but we do have Nar’thalas Mages in Stormwind, tagged as Alliance. Again, probably nothing…but could also be something…

1 Like

Thats only because we have no Alliance faction on the Broken Isles and they couldn’t put the nightborne (Horde), vrykul (too big) or Kirin Tor mages (again) so they used the arcane using night elves. Sad, I know!