When will the potato servers be replaced?

Hello there.

When does Blizzard want to replace the potato Server that still can’t handle the amount of Players whenever there is an emissary or Weekly going on?

2 days ago or something there was an emissary in Voldun, the whole map was unplayable with everyone having 0,5 seconds delay, up to 5 seconds upon Pressing any ability.

Today, I went to do my Weekly in the Invasion zones and guess what, same Thing again, Up to 10,5k MS and it’s not my Internet.

I restarted my Laptop, used a LAN cable instead of WiFi for once aswell, calles my ISP (no Problem from their site) and even tried that IPv6 Option for the lolz.

Nothing helped, still having huge lagg Spikes in the zones where many Players go for weeklies/Emissaries.

(And yes, not just me alone, it’s observed by many other Players aswell)

Here are some links:
Appearently, I can’t include links to my post, so just you have to manually remove the 2 spaces in each link…

Uldum MS Spike (about 20 Minutes straight)
https://gyazo.com/1dc68b9a59931276a36e6c3b38ac235d

Lag in Voldun
https://gyazo.com/9183b94bd82993056dc438d95a2e3152

Lag in Voldun 2
https://gyazo.com/c4d1b14f211a29da97de3bfa57487b49

PS: Ashran is also completly unplayable with permanently lagg of 2 seconds or more. The WoD Ashran never had that, Maybe consider using the old Ashran again instead of putting it onto some old shabby pvp Server from 2005. Thanks

PSS: Sorry for randomly big writen words, browser still set to german.

PSSS: Thanks for Decayin and Twiluna for showing me how to include links. =)

14 Likes

These are global problems, try to do 20 v 20 PvP fight… :sad laugh:
If i have 27ms connection everywhere in BFA but 3 sec input lag only in assault zone what it means? i have potato pc and/or potato internet connection? or something is wrong with the game? Thousands of people are complaining about the same problem. They are not aware of the problem, because if they told us they are, they would have to pay lots of money to upgrade those structures.

8 Likes

Well, that.
I had About 40 MS in Voldun, still huge delays in the abilities getting through. I really pity that Monk who accidentally pressed “Roll” and ended up somewhere across the map.

Activision showing through, I guess

5 Likes

https://gyazo.com/9183b94bd82993056dc438d95a2e3152.png
https://gyazo.com/c4d1b14f211a29da97de3bfa57487b49.png
edit: im afraid of getting flagged

1 Like

“New GCD changes” hahahahhahahahaha that guy/girl made my day hahahahahahha :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

tried it to edit it in the original post, but still getting the error message of

“You can’t include links into your post”

It Shows the Pictures in the preview window tho, so thanks anyway for the help!

1 Like

To put links without trust level 3 you have to put them inside preformatted text like this one www.google.com just use tool above typing field or use tylda button before link and once after.

1 Like

I have opened a ticket about this before near the start of BFA and was told it is caused by the network exchanges before reaching the blizzard exchanges and depending on which route you take to their servers.

Which kind of makes sense seeing as some people apparently do not get the lag, I live in South Africa and a friend who lives in UK played ashran together and his delay was much better then mine. Which might mean it is a networking issue as my route to the server’s was longer to the delay multiplied.

Whatever the cause is they need to fix it though.

1 Like

I used Chi Torpedo and this basically happened to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWomD6TazQ

10 Likes

Another guy who made my day today LOLLLL!!! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

completly normal phenomen.

No, seriously. I talked to People from the UK, from France, Luxemburg and others, they all had the same Problems in both Ashran and open world.

I’m from Germany myself, so not that far away from the French Servers, similair to the great Britain peeps, but still unplayable.

If they don’t Change it back as it used to be in any patch before (I quit in 8.1 and just returned), I won’t Play the game anymore.

Why pay for a game when the Servers are laggy just because you’re from a certain Country? Makes no sense to me.

1 Like

dont know about BGs or ashran how it is today, but it was horrible for me last time I tried it, not so much lag, but fps drop, due to bad computer at that time.

Vale of eternal blossom though, that place is funny, got ok Ms, but huge delays, though I think this has to do whit the world boss there, becuse at times it goes fine then bad again, considering there can be 5 raids at times doing the boss, on different layers, what doesnt meen different servers though atleast it cant be, and this is what lags it, same can happen in Uldum but uldum is a bigger zone so you wont notice it as much as in vale that is to smal zone to take all the people at once.

This has been a problem the entire bfa at least. Several times I have taken part in discussion on the tech support forums. As far as I can remember blizz has always said that they dont see any problems and is probably our problem. Yet, there is at the same time pages of copy pastes from test software and other such things showing this is not the case.

Nothing has happened. They dont care. They dont need to. Why would they upgrade servers for a thing that will pass soon anyway without their interference… only to appear somewhere else later.

6 Likes

BfA has been hilarious with its latency issues. I am old time player and I have seen best and worst, and I understand peak times, I understand frech patches, expansions and events where whole server shows up.

But when 17 people go pull bundle of mobs in a instanced location and get fps drops and lag outs and spell delays, then this is new level of low.

I do not even start about how zoning into Boralus is like gamble if it is slow shard or normal shard.

And our problem ? Of course its always someone elses problem, but corporates.

6 Likes

i was doing this Daily… and tbh had 0 Lag :P… Nor in the assault areas. or world boss areas xD i’ve had a few times over this expansion with some lag, but its generally just a bad hour and isnt linked to anyuwhere i specifically am in the world.

Maybe you got a nice shard.
But the current System is ridiculous and stupid.

2 Likes

They were giving server blades for charity ,we can assume hardware is fairly recent .But yeah lag is real during reset day and in zone when emissary rewards useful stuff.Maybe software optimization for sharding to spread people across dead servers idk

They are aware of the issue since 8.1 (same issue, heavy lag in world content as players massively went to the same zone)

It comes from iirc optimisation issues (they talked about it in a q&a) and that’s not the kind of thing you solve by blindly adding more ressources (scales exponentially, there’s no end in sight if you just throw out money every time there’s an issue)

Doubt that’s the issue this time, I had terrible lags in ashran and pretty bad performances on reset in Uldum altho I’m in the UK and have a pretty good network.

Cloud based infrastructure since legion iirc, that’s the foundation of sharding.

Weird, pretty sure ion was open about it in one of the 8.1 Q&A after the terrible lag fest that were the wpvp invasions

Cloud need servers aswell,or you think Blizz is using other company service ?

I think it’s another company but I have no source or proof of that unfortunately.

2 Likes