Where are the ducks? 🦆

Where are the ducks in the Warcraft Universe? Do they exist?
Do we have anything else that at least resembles them even remotely? WHERE. ARE. THEY?!
Did the Night Elves wipe them all out in the ancient days to prevent the spread of some infection? Did Blackhand wake up feling like Marie Antoinette one day and had them all cooked and served as Foie Gras??
Where are my ducks?? Give me the answers Blizzard!! :duck:

8 Likes

Swimming in the water?

(Cookies if you get that reference.)

1 Like

Right here.

7 Likes

And geese and herons!

4 Likes

Quack
10char

1 Like

Well be grateful there are birds in World of Warcraft cuz other works of fiction like the Stormlight Archive don’t. And when you finally wrap your head around it, you’ve probably already read 2 books without noticing it.

1 Like

Why yes, there ARE ducks and geese in Tirisfal, sweetling

2 Likes

There shall now follow duck memes

5 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

all my little ducklings? :smile:

5 Likes

10 Likes

ALL the ducks are swimming in the water!

2 Likes

ever since i saw this thread a couple of hours ago i cant stop but thinking about ducks in armor. i d love a duck mount.

then, of course i went down the rabbit hole and kept looking for animals in armor, its glorious. :smile:

1 Like

ok last one before I goto bed

4 Likes

I’ve spent the last few minutes trying to think of what other animals we don’t have…none come to mind…we have everything from cockroaches to giraffs…yet no ducks! Maybe Blizzard doesn’t like them?

Thinking some more there is no bulls either…how do the cows reproduce? Unless…Taurens mistake them for other Taurens…

Thank you for this btw. Going to be thinking of every single animal all day and wonder if it’s in wow now :angry:

1 Like

I think it’s been speculated that there are some legal concerns with ducks in WoW vis á vis Disney. So Blizzard errs on the side of caution and leaves them out entirely.

I’m kind of buying into that reasoning, because I can’t really think of anything better myself.

And this duck topic has been brought up semi-regularly in the community since people saw Elwynn Forest for the first time. It’s not something that hasn’t crossed Blizzard’s radar, so the absence of ducks is definitely deliberate.

If they do a Q&A anytime soon again, it’d be a nice question for lawyer Ion.

2 Likes

Could be that. There is no mice either only rats iirc…maybe Disney too?

It’s not entirely far-fetched speculation to me.