Where are the ducks? 🦆

If the ducks are absent in Azeroth then this bobber is based on an imaginary creature! :duck:

You… you know Disney didn’t invent ducks, right?

2 Likes

No, but I know that you don’t screw around with Mr. Mouse. He’ll break your thumbs.

2 Likes

Wait…what…? Then who DID invent ducks?

2 Likes

I would usually say oh god pls don’t give them ideas

But

Ducktales was like my all time favorite thing as a kid, even became a fan of Mighty Ducks of Anaheim back then. So yes, yes for duck race. At least my Zanda kinda has a duck face :joy:

I can confirm this is not true.

Cmon…you saying you’ve never been soooo drunk that you woke up and thought “woops”?

Given that Disney is the Unicron of entertainment and very quick to swing the litigation hammer it’s not really surprising if they would sue anyone who tried to put ducks into a game. Just be glad they haven’t sued yet anyone who makes a virtual mouse.

You can’t really “claim” an animal though :thinking: they would have to sue for lions, elephants, dogs, cats, pirates, etc aswell then

It’s Disney. If they thought they would win they would.

Pandaria.

I do think we have ducks though… I think I’ve seen it somewhere. In a pond.

But why of all missing members of animal kingdome, are you so concerned with abscense of ducks?

True I have a heron mount! How could I forget.

I tell you this game is really quackers some times.

1 Like

“Did someone say quackers!!??”

No Tony. Crackers.

kudos to anyone who gets that joke

Aww thank you. Yes I have and I plan to reread them again as soon as I properly get out of this book slump. Atm I haven’t even past Chapter 15 of my reread of Way of Kings it’s going so slow.

What others are missing?

Pheasants, goose, partridge, blue birds etc. Although I prefer when there are made up animals in fantasy games. Like shoveltusks in Northrend. Majestic beasts.

1 Like

That’s very much my childhood too. I remember collecting ice hockey cards in the 90’s. That was the thing for a while. Had a huge collection of Paul Kariya (Mighty Ducks) cards and was very much the kid in school who: “You got cards with Mighty Ducks you come to me and we trade, okay?”
Good times. :yum:

And this film:

God it’s so American. :rofl:

1 Like

Kariya and Selänne were the OGs :grinning:

Lol I remember that movie. Damn, good times.

Actually NHL97 was my favorite game on PS1 and I remeber when I got it I was just a kid and it took me a while to figure out how to switch teams :laughing: so I was playing Anaheim a lot indeed.

I had NHL 2000 on the PS1 and it was one of my favorite games as well. Almost always played Colorado Avalanche because Peter Forsberg had overpowered stats. :yum:
The commentators in particular were just stellar. Even to this day there have been few games with as impressive voice acting as that:

Totally off-topic, but yeah. Ducks and ice hockey and the 90’s. There’s a holy trinity there. :relaxed:

1 Like