Where Are the Strong Male Figures in the Latest Expansion?

It feels like this expansion lacks the presence of masculine, cool men that we’ve come to know in the World of Warcraft universe. In past expansions, characters like Thrall, Varian Wrynn, and even Bolvar stood as pillars of strength and charisma. But in this current storyline, there seems to be a void when it comes to powerful, well-developed male figures.

Why do you think Blizzard has shifted away from these types of characters? Do you miss their presence in the narrative as much as I do, or do you feel the game is evolving in a different direction?

182 Likes

You know why

Yes

Strong woman

Yes

Strong woman

45 Likes

Because 90% of the WoW player base are female, so Blizzard is just making the content relatable.

…wait :thinking:

61 Likes
67 Likes

Baelgrim and merrix are pretty badass.

15 Likes

You know why, Blizzard is just like its players - FOTM. And thats the current trend.

9 Likes

The message remains strong :upside_down_face:
Just take a look at our diversity hire Faerin Lothar…

39 Likes

remember when Blizzard was accused , and found out about 99% it all of it was true, of screwing up all the ladies that work there… This is by all means not over correcting that

18 Likes

Baelgrim stuff was max level cool.

The only way Magni could have been cooler would be if he’d ripped a fat line of Azerite with his grandson, which I kept thinking he was going to.

6 Likes

You literally meet 2 earthen dudes right at the start of the expansion who are in positions of power.

9 Likes

How? Dud was literally introduced as being able to throw his hammer and cause lightning with it and then just goes kamikaze because we need our strong female leader.

17 Likes

its me

im the strong masculine figure.

i enter the zone when it is in chaos, children being put in blenders, women being stuffed in lockers, grown men running in terror, and i leave the zone hearing cheers from behind me as i add yet another title to my list of 157 gorillian titles

14 Likes

they are dead.

you are left with whiny crying Anduin with ptsd and Thrall who lost himself and became a grumpy old weak man .

23 Likes

Body type 2

21 Likes

One of them didn’t last very long.

16 Likes

its getting even better with Magni being stripped from his powers and being back to being usual non special dwarf :stuck_out_tongue:

in this pace by the time of this expansion they will somehow kill Thrall .

14 Likes

I am sick of this topic.
WoW is not your psychiatrist. It’s not here to help you through your emotional issues/urges.
Don’t like? Don’t play.

23 Likes

How often do we have to tell you (old) people that lesson?

A man showing emotions is not any less masculine than someone who doesn’t.

In fact, not showing emotions as a man is toxic behavior that is FORCED upon us by societal expectations.

Anduin and Thrall (when he re-appears) is more than enough masculinity on screen.

If you want Varian Wrynn level of testosterone-driven characters, yeah, that age has passed when Legion ended.

And others have mentioned the Dwarf leaders too already.

There is PLENTY there. Just because it isn’t a human sized chad, doesn’t make it makes them any less a chad.

28 Likes

He could literally have done what he did from 150m away in the skies.

These heroic sacrifices keep happening and they’re nonsensical in the context of the character’s capabilities, with the exception being Magni, but his condition is never explained anyway. I’ve seen 3 so far, about to play again and see a 4th maybe?

12 Likes

Body type 2 .

9 Likes