Where Are the Strong Male Figures in the Latest Expansion?

Magni is strong male, but they put him in the background

Microsoft/Activision/Blizzard :smiley:
We (men gamers) should be happy that:

1. Male characters are still playable
  2. We have male NPCs
  3. Not all males are evil in game

To be fair there is only one character which is ruining the game for me: Faerin

She looks cool, and first time I seen her I as thinking she will be cool, but she is so freakin soft and annoying that i can’t listen to her bs.

I love Moira and Alleria though.

Anduin becomming a puss, king of Stormwind :smiley:

9 Likes

I’m not muscular enough?

Damn, I wonder who goes next? Anduin or Thrall? I would be shaking if I were one of them.

1 Like

The fruit bowl sorted what, what more do you want!!???

8 Likes

You better have Avatar if you want to out muscle me, Gnome!

Are you saying that his final attack wasn’t cool at all?

Although yeah I would have just thrown my hammer. Maybe he had had enough of being alive.

2 Likes

<— heres your strong male figure :muscle:

4 Likes

I don’t think every story necessarily needs a “strong” male character, but we did have several storylines focusing on important male characters. The Blue and Black dragon flights are the ones that spring to mind.

4 Likes

Blizzard is sexist against men at this point.

19 Likes

It Has nothing to do with social expectations.

Its Primal and natural - deep in our genes.

Man cannot be weak for 1 reason - weak Man means weak kids on future.

You cannot change the genes now matter how much you try.

Weak whiny man is good only as beta provider who Takes care of someone else kids.

On Basic level You cannot cheat nature no matter how much you will try.

9 Likes

I’m hoping with the return of Chris Metzen he’ll be able to add a bit more grit and toughness back into the game.

8 Likes

Im waiting for the moment Illidan will come back, on top of Sargeras head with this song as background

3 Likes

Maybe because the real world is slowly moving away from a male dominated world. So it’s reflected in-game.

3 Likes

That’s why it wasn’t cool. Literally the entire reason.

1 Like

If human beings let their primal instincts dictate their actions, then they’re a poor excuse of a human being.

Human beings are capable of much more than that.

Neither sex should be dominant, it should be more of a cooperative.

5 Likes

We all are waiting for Illidan to return with Sargeras riding some badass Motorcycles and wearing shades (even if he’s blind).
And they would speedrun every old god BS and add Xalatah to their harem.

8 Likes

Maybe his hammer was too powerful and it would have blown everyone away if he threw it.

We all know this is a game right? I don’t get why some players are so hung up in gender politics.
Like why are people bashing Anduin for having PTSD? I’m sure those people would also complain if after being rid of arthas’s soul he just stood up, brushed him self off and acted like nothing happened.

7 Likes

THIS. SO. MUCH!!!

They pulled EXACTLY the same broken cliché at the start of Dragonflight, with Sendrax senselessly dying with no attempt to find another way. (For example, my character could have handled both situations easily.)

When I saw this scene, I flashed back to the Sendrax case, and for a moment purely despised the dev who made the quests, and whoever approved them.

Varian was different. They set that up more sensibly. I can’t see another way out of that.

But this? Really? It’s like they read in a How To Write manual “Introduce character who seems promising, then Redshirt him,” and they ticked that box.

I am very not impressed with anything in TWW so far, and this was one of the low points.

15 Likes

Yeah - I read the post I’m assuming you’re referring to and couldn’t roll my eyes back far enough.

A big part of what makes us human is our ability for rational thought and being able to not be controlled by what would have been our “raw genetic instincts” thousands of years ago. We do not live in a world where those are required any more.

Being controlled by those instincts is what makes you a weak man - the easy option. Not rationally realising we don’t need to give in to them any more.

The poster sounds like an Andrew Tate mouthpiece. I normally try and remain level when discussing things with people but that post was an embarrassing read. The second hand cringe was real.

5 Likes