Where do I report World Lag?

This seems to be a common issue now. During peak times in zones where there is a lucrative emissary reward, the game is insanely laggy!

This isn’t an issue with my router, my ISP or my hardware/addons. It’s quite apparent that it’s a Blizzard issue. My latency is as follows: 18 ms (home) and 23 ms (world) in Tiragarde Sound, yet when I try fighting a mob it will take 2-3 seconds for an ability to actually work, and a good 5+ seconds to loot.

Everyone in general chat are complaining.

“Lagging?”
“Yeah, for 2 days now”
“Blizzard is an indy company”
“Yes lag…”
“Why are we paying for this experience?”

I haven’t seen this acknowledged anywhere by Blizzard in a blue post or anything. Are you even looking into this or are you just raking in the coin and not upgrading your hardware?

23 Likes

Reporting in-game is the way to go for these issues. Press ESC > Help Menu > Report bug/suggestion.

Simply because you don’t hear anything back, doesn’t mean it’s being ignored.

There’s probably surge in player activity causing it given some new content.

Aside from that, not much else you can do. Report it in-game, and if it’s seriously disrupting your gameplay, you could try again at a later time.

1 Like

Hello Noshbox,

If you keep experiencing latency, please follow the steps mentioned in our Troubleshooting Connection and Latency Issues article, including the advanced troubleshooting if needed.

@Tymaar: latency issues shouldn’t be reported as bugs or suggestions.

How’s my driving? Let me know! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Hagut

Yikes, please dont use the copy/paste replies.

This is clearly not system or client side related.
Everyone reports a normal ping / ms on both world and home ms respectively.

Including myself by the way, never ever ever had an issue before 8.1.
Since the whole “attack tiragarde!” type “open world” zones, thats what seems to destabilise the area.

Other zones everything is fine.

15 Likes

At the moment we’re not aware of any issues with our servers.

If you don’t want to troubleshoot the issue to find out what the cause of the problem, then the assistance we can provide is very limited.

Have you tried the steps listed in the support article I linked?

I also am having lags in BFA zones, The lag is an ability use delay my ms says 60 which is normal to me but its a 1-2 sec delay on everything. These arent lag spikes as in everything freeze and catch up all at once just regual lag like its like i have a 200-300 ms and not as the game say

I have tried the troubleshoot you have recommanded but it didn’t help. These issue did start with BFA in general and it got worse since the patch ( im guessing server overload from extra players) and almost only at bfa zones.

Help would be nice beucase this is getting realy unplayable

6 Likes

I, too, have been experiencing this, and have done all the trouble-shooting. The lag happens both in old world (especially when PUG-ing dungeons to level a low-level toon) and in new content (world quests and warfronts are unplayable at the moment because of this lag).

I did get a time-out on one of the IPs when trying to do the tracetr, if that means anything. It’s been like this since I first logged on after the latest patch, on Friday last week. I’m on Argent Dawn EU, and physically in Sweden.

4 Likes

If you have followed all the steps (including the advanced troubleshooting steps), please create your own thread, and provide your trace route and pathping - if possible, run these while the problems are ongoing.

2 Likes

We have been posting on at least 2 other threads so far with traceroutes, you are not aware of any issues, seriously? All of our guild is complaining about lag. When i go do any dungeons it’s completely fine. Zone out to BfA outdoors and the lagfest is back. It’s clearly not problem on our end.
And why i’m pissed about this? I was going to do some questing on 2 alts but it’s unplayable now.

8 Likes

I am amazed and very surprised that you are “not aware of any issues with our servers”.

Forgive me if I come across as condescending, but do you lot even play the game?

So many people are complaining about this and you are asking us to do trace routes and pathpings? This is quite unbelievable…

All you have to do is log into the game at peak times, go to the newest zone for the Emissary quests and try to gather herbs or ore, or try to complete some quests and see what happens.

This just feels like we are being fobbed off with the usual jargon, it’s no wonder the fans of the game feel a massive disconnect with the company.

13 Likes

have the same, not in bfa zones ( or any others ) but in populated capitals like orgri during rush hour. i noticed it had started after the last event’s start.

3 Likes

Them being unaware just proves they don’t play their own game.
Everyone I know experience a 1-2 second delay near capital cities
Edit: Im on Outland, which is a high populated server. But with the lovely sharding system (which was supposed to prevent this??) this still occurs

9 Likes

They just need to log in and play in, for example, at tiragarde sound and the lag is somethign that cant go unnoticed. Its nearly unplayable.

5 Likes

This is joke. Lag lag . Now I tried get last item to finish in Vashj’ir monocle and had 2 minutes on surface above Black Fish. Couldnt mount sea horse, had to log off and log in and after that time expired of item which had in my bag. Lost another 2k gold. Its not fair. No more…

5 Likes

Ive been having this issue since 8.1 aswell cant tell if this is a server side issue though… ive found that switching back to dx11 instead of using dx12 fixes a lot of the input lag issues.

Clearly wow isnt as optimised for dx12 as they said it is for 8.1

3 Likes

That’s…bad. And sad. You’re not aware of any issues? Have you tried playing faction assault on a high pop server? Have you tried a world boss? Isle of Conquest? Anything really, that has more than 30 ppl in close quarters? Don’t answer, if you have, you would know that servers are in the worst shape they have been in history of this game.

I never go above 40-50ms, and yet every single spell takes at least 2-3 seconds to react on Silvermoon, especially in Tiragarde/Boralus, and the Assault zones. I have zero issues in instanced content since it’s on a different server, but outside world? Very. Very. Very. Pathethic. And. Unplayable.

5 Likes

@Blizzard staff
Be sure to log in while there is a Faction Assault active, turn Warmode ON and go there complete it. Try to do a single Assault WQ… you can’t. Sometimes I lag and after 5 seconds I wake up in the realm of death. Or we engage in a massive Alliance vs Horde fight, and I wait for that Frostbolt to start casting like 3-4 seconds.
Every single participant in Warmode where the Assault is has the lag. Every - single - one.
It might not be a problem with your servers, it might be the code. It might be overloading something else, sharding. etc…
Investigate it.

5 Likes

Actually I recommended you followed the steps of our connection troubleshooting support article first. You still haven’t said if you have done so or not, but in case you have, providing a trace route and pathping would indeed be the next step, so we could troubleshoot this further this for you.

Please try to run these tests when the issues occur if possible.

Thank you!

I never post on forums, but i to suffer from this latency only in “invasion” zones, nothing wrong on my side i even called my isp!

5 Likes

How pathetic is it that they don’t even take responsibility for their problem. Honestly how do you expect to promote World PvP when you have this kind of server issues; disapointing at the least…

9 Likes