Where do you want the story to go?

Been seeing a lot of chatter recently about the possible leaks for the story going forward… Shadowlands and all that.
I won’t go into detail about that here, as there are more than enough threads for that already.

What I’m interested in knowing is where do you want the story to go next?
Do you like what you heard in the “leaks”, about the Shadowlands, Sylvanas’ role in it and where we’d be heading next?

Or do you have some completely other direction you’d want the story to go?

No judgement for any ideas here, I’m just interested in seeing what you guys personally think.

I just want Sylvanas to stay alive and do more evil stuff tbh.

2 Likes

I just want to get rid of Sylvanas. Quite fed up of this overpowered superhero comic character.

/yawn.

Also this game needs more hot sexy male villains not half naked screaming banshees.
As well I just want a new writer for the story.

5 Likes

Get rid of plot armor and lore bender (suddenly we taurens have NP blightning people!) Sylvanas. Makere her either dead, a 3rd faction or be a common villian for us. Show us the night elf (and worgen/Gilneans) revenge aswell.

4 Likes

But as the leader of the Horde? A leader of a third playable faction? Leader of a third un-playable faction? Or on her own or in command of a small group, wreaking havoc wherever they go?

You want her dead? Or just removed from her position as warchief so she can keep doing whatever she’s doing?

The only one I can think of as a “hot, sexy male villain”, turned into a protagonist in Legion :no_mouth:

Agreed.

Anyone in particular in mind?

Yeah, I’ve always found it tough to swallow that the Tauren would accept all of this for so long, especially Baine.
Bet his dad would be ashamed he stood by for so long. Cairne tried to stop Garrosh after all.

What would be suitable revenge?

Either ‘Lich Queen’ like stuff with Sylvanas taking the frozen throne or N’zoth continued.

On a side note: The only stuff that I liked from the supposed leak is ‘tinkers’ and ‘Dragon Isles’. All the other stuff seems very meh.

Titans, Dragons, Elune, The Void.

Thematically, if some of that finds its way into the story, then I tend to be rather happy. :yum:

As far as direction goes…I hope Blizzard devotes more time to the epic story plots.

I appreciate solving the problems of the local farmers in Stormsong Valley as much as anyone, and stopping a dangerous pirate attack on Boralus is also fun now and then. But it’s the big cosmic story plots that keep me intrigued. There’s something going on that isn’t as it appears. And the motivations of some seem mysterious if not sketchy.

And I realize that Blizzard has to build up to it, and a large part of it involves small, slow, measured steps toward revealing another piece of what’s effectively a large puzzle.

And I know that N’zoth and Sylvannas and Vol’jin and Bwonsamdi and knifu-waifu are all slowly setting the stage for that next…something.

I just want more of it. I want to move toward the plot’s end-game faster. I feel like I’ve been teased with this plotline for the past 15 years, ever since I did Uldaman the first time and came across those Discs of Norgannon.
Ever since Blizzard deliberately chose to keep Elune’s identity a mystery, I want to know who she or it really is.
And I want to know who those Void Lords are and what it is N’zoth keeps rambling about.

It’s like watching Season 4 of X-Files and you’re starting to share Fox Mulder’s frustration at not getting some answers to all these questions. :crazy_face:

So yeah, I want more of that cosmic-grand-reveal-of-what-is-really-going-on plot. :star_struck:
And less of the wild animals disturbing the local farmers’ crops. :unamused:

I want to see Sylvanas remain a member of the Horde (Banshee Queen, not Warchief). I don’t want to see some Alliance lapdog leading the Horde like Baine Bleedingheart. I don’t want to become the Alliance’s buddy. I want to keep the hostilities between the Horde and the Alliance alive, at best dial back the intensity.

4 Likes

Would you want Sylvanas to be a raid boss then? Or to remain as Lich Queen, governing her own faction of undead? If so, would this undead faction be playable or un-playable?

Tinkers seem interesting, but personally I’d want them to be strictly limited to Gnomes and Goblins… And to involve Mech-Suits somehow, those you see Mekkatorque and Gallywix use.

Yeah, I too hope they’ll focus more on the big picture. But gathering 5x Baboon Butts for Betty Backside the Baboon Butt Connoisseur and protecting Farmer Robs carrots from the vicious Carrot Mafia and similar quests will unfortunately always sit at the heart of WoW questing I’m afraid.

That would be very interesting. But I’d like a deeper dive into the racial lore behind all the races in the game.
And I don’t mean that silly archaeology thing either, a proper immersion into the lore behind it in-game.

Hehe, you and everyone else I suspect :slight_smile:

I see. How would you want her removed from power? By force? Willingly stepping down? A vote?
Also, who would you like to take her place? Many of the remaining Horde leaders are on good or at worst neutral terms with the Alliance.
Thrall and Saurfang are both on good terms with Alliance leaders, Jaina and Anduin respectively.
Rokhan is a very minor character so far, as he hasn’t been fleshed out as much as Vol’jin was.
Lor’themar has shown a willingness to cooperate with the Alliance recently, even going so far as fighting side by side with Genn and telling him he respects him.

How would you like to see the story develop to keep us there?
So far there’s a lot of Horde and Alliance leaders who have developed ties to each other, sowing seeds of peace and friendship.
Or isn’t the “how” important to you perhaps? That’s a valid opinion to have as well. There’s people playing this game that don’t care much about whether or not the “lore makes sense” so to speak.

Not a raid boss no. An ally against the coming war between the light and the void.
Maybe get the Scryers and Aldor treatment and have there be 2 different factions which oppose each other and you pick one to support.

Agreed 100% :grin:

1 Like

By choice. Which ties in with the leadership of the Horde. As far as I’m concerned there should be no one leader. There should be a round table where every faction in the Horde is represented by one leader. That way nobody is overrepresented or misrepresented by one specific leader. So yes, all Horde factions get a voice which would require Baine to be taken behind the barn and … put to rest, because by now it’s clear which faction he represents.

As it stands, the Warchief position is pointless when everyone does what they want regardless. I just wish that the faction leaders would be portrayed as a bit more interested in the welfare of their faction and not just react based on how much the Alliance is hurt.

For that matter, the Alliance could follow the same model since there are several races suffering from misrepresentation to such degree that the Alliance could be summarized as “Humans & Buddies”.

It’s purely idiotic to have the factions become buddies after the countless fallouts they had. Specifically for the Alliance. Let’s make it clear. The typical citizen of the Horde is not that crazy about the Alliance, which can be seen from the story up to this point. The players aren’t that crazy about being best friends with the Alliance either.

On that note, why are the Alliance so quick to open their arms and welcome their ugly Horde buddies when all previous signs point towards the Horde just putting a knife between their ribs? It’s obvious that no amount of mutually convenient cooperation is going to make the Horde reevaluate their perspective, so what’s the point?

How they need to do it is give the Alliance a real voice, the same voice that echoes across these forums, namely being more inclined to destroy the Horde rather than just turn the other cheek like Anduin encourages them to, do that and the hostility continues.

The Horde and The Alliance dismantled. The final ending to the factions conflict.

All players from all factions can interact, group other and otherwise play with each other, including joining their guilds.

The war of the factions is over, the true war begins.

The shadowlands expansion proven true, the battle for azeroth begins (all the champions of the world rally together against the armies of the old gods).

Sylvanas has made a deal with Helya to save the spirits of all those who have been slain in the war, Teldrassil burned to save the night elves rather than destroy them, as Teldrassil was corrupted by the olds gods (no one knew this though).

PvP is conducted outside of the LORE, BGs, Arenas and such still remain relevant. Open World pvp is no longer possible.

This gives way to increasingly smart mob AI and increasingly difficult and highly dangerous zones. Dismantled factions also would mean one story for everyone, which means the story can be much better. (The current story is impossible to be a 50-50 between the alliance and horde, favoritism is not the exception but the rule.)

The last war will be likes of which has never been seen before, which both eclipses and dwarfs the decade old factions war as if they were mere toddlers playing. The entire universe is at risk of being completely destroyed by the Void Lords.

The Grand Finale of World of Warcraft would be the world’s greatest champions with the titans together going to the void to fight the void lords (at this point, to show the story in it’s true horror the game would be PEGI 18).

I would AT LEAST want to see the factions dismantled. The war is over, no one has won. The Horde lost the war. And so did the alliance. This is conflict for the sake of conflict. We protect nothing, we save no one, we fight and kill for the sake of fighting and killing one another.

1 Like

jaina to die horribly, the boy king to get killed by hogger, the horde to get devastated by a shadow chappie mind controlling their leaders, all alliance and horde citys to burn to the ground and the raids to be about killing the horde/alliance leaders (not just slapping them to 1% and they wake up sorta blah blah)
Thatd be a good start.

Sylvanas fakes her death in some cunning way.

Then me and her settle down a nice quiet place near the water and live happily ever after, while new expansions with pointless endless grinds with no real content continue to anger the masses.

I want to bondage Sylvanas, that is the only direction story can evolve into and satisfy me.

#NeverForgetTeldrassil

Gnomes and Dwarfs take over the leadership of alliance.

I would like to see sylvanas outed but i want to see her gather all the elfs, from both side, the horde and the alliance where they can start a new third faction.

I would like to see tauren become the leader of horde or orcs.

What I want is plain and simple.

A restart.

N’zoth wins, heroes lost, hundreds of years later we ( The heroes ) awaken with no memory or recollection of what happened, we discover a new world ruled by the old gods as they try to corrupt Azeroth.

We get to see what happened with the world, what happened to our factions and other nations, and go about our journey as adventurers.

Blizzard can introduce a dark portal like structure that takes us to Azeroth pre corruption.

I think before the next patch it’s hard to make any assumptions about next expansion. In WoD we went in one patch from uncorrupted iron Horde to Gul’dan with his demons and even more corrupted orcs. Last expansion we defeated the Burning Legion and helped Sargeras getting imprisoned in one patch.
So I wouldn’t be suprised if we kill or imprison N’zoth in 8.3 and next expansion takes a complete other turn.

I’m okay with nearly everything as long as Sylvanas doesn’t get a redemption arc or suddenly becomes the one leading us all against the next big threat. Blizzard did nothing to make her more sympathic, more the exact opposite.

reads topic

The Bin

I am not really that interested in sylvanas role on shadowlands, because BFA tried really hard to kill her character development.
Her story will be a predictable one, either she will die as a hero or a villian…

Also, the whole old gods thing are too boring to catch my interest…
They are just some boring insects or octopus looking like creatures that loves to play god, only to be killled in an instant in some random raid and be forgotten.

So, what i am really interested is, Calia and the LF undead.

1 Like