Which Class I should pick as my main one? (Strictly only one pick out of these 3 options: Warlock or Demon-Hunter or Rogue) ? And why ?

The only Class I’ve sort of played properly is Warlock out of these 3.

Rogue & DH I’ve only played very tiny bit.

Please advice me which one I should pick as my main one out of these 3 options?

And why ?

(Please give me coherent rational logical pick and explanation of it - without any jokes please). I would really appreciate it a lot.

Thought it’s a quite a good time to decide about main since the next expansion is around the corner.

Please let me know.

I would much appreciate it.

You have at least 10 months of BFA left so trail them all out and see what you think is fun .

11 Likes

This is generally my advice. Nobody can tell you what class you like playing. People told me enhance is bad, but I played it anyway because I enjoyed it. Sure I find it utterly frustrating, but if you’re having fun, then who cares.

4 Likes

I agree with you 100% - even if they make these 3 weaker nerf it - I’ll still play these 3 and one of these 3 will be my main 100% I just wanted to know each one of your’s opinion - pick - choice and why ?

Its always fun trying new things for the first time :angel:

3 Likes

That’s totally fair. Well, I haven’t actually played much Warlock so I can’t really comment on that, but I have Rogue and DH. Personally I would go Rogue. You’ve got 3 specs that play entirely different from each other, so you never really get bored. It’s also the kind of class you can play alone when there’s nobody to group up with in PvP. You’re able to pick the fights you want, and leave the ones you don’t.
I also find the rogue gameplay a lot more engaging than the 3 button Demon Hunter rotation. It just gets old real quick. DH is strong, there’s no doubt about that, but is it really worth maining it and losing your sanity? Nah.

:smirk:

2 Likes

It’s difficult to decide what’s fun for others. I would pick warlock because I’m a ranged DPS player.

My advice: try all 3 at 120 for a bit and decide for yourself.

1 Like

I say, go DH. They are in the top tier list of PvP and PvE. Also, they are easy to play.

1 Like

I would call rogue from the 3 given.

Stealth lets you pick and choose fights in the open world or in PvP and can save you a lot of time. I’m also not aware of rogues ever having a time when all three of their specs were poor, and more often it seems as if one of their specs is top tier and in high demand. PuGs are sometimes “LF rogue last spot”, and there’s no other dps class gets that treatment.

Demon hunters look ridiculous outside of Legion content. Ever seen a demon hunter fishing? No, because it’s silly. Their tank spec is currently all-but-forgotten, so I assume it’s terrible. Their dps is currently respectable, but new classes tend to get a major nerfing 2 expansions after their introductions and 9.0 is likely to be the crunch for demon hunter dps. Nobody is “LF DH last slot” for anything, ever.

Warlocks… are rarely terrible, but I personally struggle to love ranged dps classes. I prefer melee, tanking or healing. In raids you are the summon monkey and cookie vendor. As far as dps numbers go, usually one spec in a decent place, but again, people don’t hold spaces open for warlocks.

(But the real answer is monk.)

2 Likes

Warlock because all 3 specs are good at something. Affliction is king in Raids, Demo is good for M+, and Destro is top tier in PvP.

Other classes don’t have that luxury.

1 Like

Go DH.
Awesome St, Aoe, survivability, great at pvp, top mobility, 360 degree dodge built in a spell and can see rogues.

1 Like

It’s actually not a good time to decide.

When the expansion is over, people in the Beta and then the PTR will be explaining what the classes of the next expansion are shaping up to be like. That’s the good time.

It also depends muchly on what type of content you intend to aim at. As we know them, as I see it, each has a small edge depending on the type of content: For questing, DH. For dungeons, Rogue. For PvP, also Rogue. For raids, Warlock. But any one of them will be viable or superior in all areas, so that’s just one consideration, not decisive.

Of the three classes, looked at from the general competitive angle, Rogue is the clear winner for me because at least one spec is always outstanding at something every expansion, but are you really going to be a competitive player? and even if so, that again is one consideration, not decisive, since all three will be viable, and you will always play a class you enjoy better than one you don’t.

People before have touched on this point, but I think it’s the most important one: do you want to play ranged or melee? You say you have experience only with Warlock. Do you find Warlock too slow? Would you prefer to be hitting faster, dodging and weaving in the enemy’s face more? Or are you happy carefully choosing your angle and your shots while your demon, or the tank, keeps the mob occupied?

A lot of people have a strong preference for melee or ranged. General Ranged people go Mage or Warlock, maybe Hunter; general melee people go Rogue, Warrior, may-be DH.

If you are happy with Warlock, then keep it.

If you want to change things up to be faster, more movement, but more vulnerable, then try Rogue. Note I say “try” Rogue, not “go” Rogue. Rogue is its own thing, and you will either get it or you won’t.

If you like the speed and close engagement but find all the Rogue stealth stuff too fiddly, try DH. My reservations about DH have already been expressed: it has only one DPS spec, so if that one gets messed up, you have nothing to fall back on, and it’s due for a rework that may leave it significantly changed from what it is now. The others give you three specs to choose from.

5 Likes

Grainne thank you so much for your thorough reply, I really much appreciate it, my plan is to have all 3 of them (Warlock, Rogue & DH) on lvl 120 and play with each of them 15-24 hours (play time) and then decide which one I enjoy the most my number 1 favourite out of these 3 and that specific number 1 favourite Class will be my main character basically.

Coming to whether Melee or DPS - to be honest I don’t know which one I prefer, I’m kinda in between that’s why I reckon I need more time where I can play with all 3 and then make my final decision.

One old friend told me : " I don’t like melee Classes it’s not Diablo but maybe you will, start playing with each of them 15-24 hours (play time) and then decide ".

And I was a bit confused so I’ve asked him " How come in Diablo you do like Melee Classes ? " and his reply was the following :

Friend’s reply - " Because it’s not a 3rd person RPG like WoW ".

And his pick was : Warlock.

From what I understand Grainne your pick is Rogue. (I reckon because overall everything wise PVE + PVP you reckon Rogue is stronger than DH & Warlock especially at those never ending upcoming cycles of buffs/nerfs and also I reckon you enjoy Melee style play in WoW more that’s why).

Yes eventually I want to play competitively, after I learn and master my main one properly.

I’m interested in ultra fast swift very quick instant loads of kills especially in PVP. (PVE as well obviously - so yeah everything wise : PVE + PVP).

So yes I reckon I’ll try out all 3 and then pick my main one. (Re-try Warlock and try out DH & Rogue yeah pour 15-24 play time to each of them and then make my final decision and eventually pick my favourite number 1 Class which will be my main one - my main character basically).

Once again thank you Grainne.

And thank you everyone for their time and advice - I much appreciate it.

May the Force be with you all.

1 Like

I wouldn’t pick a new class for the next expansion until the expansion is in beta and we know more about the class changes. The pre-patch (PTR) will be a fairly reliable indicator for how a class will play for at least the first half of the expansion.

But if I were to pick a class from your list of choices right now (S3, BFA), my thoughts would be along these lines:

Rogue: Very sought-after in M+, great utility in M+, stealth is generally nice to have in every area of the game. Works well in world PvP. Bit heavy on the FOTM side of things, but that allows you to stand out if you’re skilled. Good in raids also.

DH: Still on the OP spectrum of things. Fun to play, fantastic mobility and survivability. Easy to play and accessible, doesn’t require as much practice as the other two classes to get very good results. May get toned down in the future (purely speculation). Good pick for PvP also. One of the top classes for M+ still, good in raids as well. Extra bonus: Has a tank spec.

Warlock: The worst choice for M+ right now, and not fantastic in raids either, but does bring some utility that is especially welcomed in PUG raiding. Great in PvP, though less so in world PvP compared to the other players. A generally less played class, so you less of a dime-in-a-dozen class than rogue or DH. I’d expect them to get buffed down the road.

I’d pick the DH, even though it’s over-played. It’s both fun and powerful, and can tank. (But I love my druid and would never change my class, no matter what they do to it.)

1 Like

Thank you for your reply Murr, to be honest personally me - I’m not interested in support type classes (which are following: paladin, shaman or druid) neither I’m interested in tank/healer roles (which are following: priest, protection warrior).

I’m interested in pure DPS type classes. (Which are: DH, Warlock, Rogue, Warrior (2 specs) + hunter which I’m not attracted to and I find Warrior (Fury + Arms spec boring) very boring so I’m left with DH, Warlock & Rogue basically.

I’m also interested in very fast quick instant berserk style killing mode in both PVE and especially in PVP. (But yeah everything wise PVE + PVP)

So I can kill loads of players very fast and instantly.

So I think I’ll test out all 3 and then make the decision.

That rules out warlock. I think you’d probably enjoy DH the most. It does play really well and a DH is harder to kill than a rogue.

1 Like

Go Warlock or Rogue IMO. Outside of tutorial zone DH IMO just don’t feel right and the class starts to get repetitive quick. For DH both specs have the same sort of animations so it was a lot more difficult to get into. Would have been nice if they added a 3rd ranged spec that changes the fighting style/pace to something different.

1 Like

Draynor Please Vote 1 of them either Warlock or Rogue please :slight_smile:

(Thank you everyone, and thank you Draynor for your comment, I much appreciate it guys)

I’ve calculated the voting and currently that’s the following:

Warlock : 2 Votes

Rogue : 3 Votes

Demon-Hunter: 3 Votes

Many thanks everyone in advance

well, ones a pure dps casting class, ones a pure dps melee class and the other can dps or tank.
What do you like doing?
do you prefer stealth, ranged casting or tanking/dps with the option to do either.
Sorry, we cant advise anything because you haven’t told us what you like doing ingame.

Personally, I play all and I hate rogue and am not that cor blimey about dps DH.

1 Like

So you’re voting for Warlock basically.

I’m interested in pure DPS type classes.

Interested in very fast quick instant berserk style killing mode in both PVE and especially in PVP. (But yeah everything wise PVE + PVP)

So I can kill loads of players very fast and instantly.