• Thrall ?
    I don’t think so.
    He’s Chris Metzen self insert.

• Nathanos ?
    I don’t think so.
    He’s Steve Danuser self insert.

• Sylvanas ?
    I don’t think so.
    She’s loved by Steve Danuser and too popular, unlike Garrosh.

• Talanji, Geya, Thalyssra, Mayla, Calia, Lilian Voss and Garona are female characters and with all the feminist movement going around on US, definitely no.

• Baine ?
    I don’t think so.
    He has no heirs.
    He and Anduin are necessary to make the transition between conflict expansions to universe ending threats.
    Without both of them there’s no talking and the conflict will have to meet an end.
    Which means either both factions are annihilated by Sargeras, because they chose war over ceasefire or one crushes the other and since the Alliance is the one upholding the moral ground thanks to Sylvanas actions during BFA, the Horde will bite the dust for a second time.

Probably:

• Gallywix as a evil machiavelic leader.
    But he lacks the charisma of Garrosh and Sylvanas.
  • Eitrigg as the new Saurfang to be sacrificied.
  • Lor’themar as another good leader to bite the dust on another military disaster as Dranosh Saurfang and Vol’Jin.
  • Rokhan same situation as Lor’themar, but less chances as he has been foreshadowing Vol’Jin.
  • A character that hasn’t been introduced yet, probably a toxic male one.
    None knew who Garrosh was before he was introduced in TBC.

Cheers.

5 Likes

I think Turalyon is gona go mental at one point or the other, atleast the old gods whispers indicates that, becuse there is no way it is anduin.

It seems only characters whom are protected by plot armor are the Blizzard self-inserts.

Well analysis there.Unironically good.

2 Likes

Well, Blizzard made Anduin involuntarily use dark magic in the new novel, and then, with the sater of the new addon, tey do stuff to him that could (and should) hurt any sunny disposition even further… I wont claim to know what they are going for, but I do think, they want to develop Anduin in some direction that is at the very least a bit harsher. Might be more.

All of them. Simultaneously.

I hope they don’t pull a Game of thrones. What’s wrong with consistency? Anduin has an established history of being a good guy. While he does need a sharp edge with that leadership, he def doesn’t need to be turned into a villain. One of the few characters left in this game that I really like honestly.

I don’t mind Turalleria villain batting though. I really dislike this couple. Don’t think I ever harbored any positive feelings towards them.

What’s the correlation between this two statements?

Give this man a medal.

Probably something along the lines of, the Night Warrior “curse” (why did they change it to “curse”? Darn…) was first going to be relegated to a more “side” character so that no main one goes through the worst tragedies… but since Blizzard hates night elves for some reason, Tyrande was settled on as the final dummy.

(Sorry if I sound dismissive. Just find it hard to believe the writers despise NElves.)

They sure don’t.
Note how when waay back when Malfurion’ s place as first Druid came into question because of the scrolls in the Tauren’ s Elder Rise and the Tauren npc found in camp Tunka’le or whatever, the one in the Shiverpeaks - Blizzard swooped in to immediatly reassure the Night Elf fans that everyone else was wrong and Malf was the defacto First Druid.
Later they did the same when someone accused the Night Elves(Empire) of genocides off their own. Again Blizzard swoops in to reassure, nahh the night elves never dindu no genociding, trolls in warcraft aren’t considered people enough for that.
I’m sure there’s more…but no other race gets such swift reassuring that their race is on the right in an argument as Night Elves, almost every expack had Night elf lore in one way or another, though usually lore about their past etc.

Meanwhile other races have literally nothing going for them.

5 Likes

Yeah yeah, but one doesnt mean the other though. Night Warrior isnt ominous or tragic…

Not a “side” Character :angry:

Really? But what about the moment of argue between trolls (that were saying that Night Elves were just Dark Trolls that have accidentally mutate from magic waters), and Night Elves (that were saying that they were created by the Elune)? They were killing each other for that argue on the Alterac Valley.
Well, trolls have won that argue, and that was most biggest humiliation for Night Elves ever. And still some toxic people write trolling posts about that fact…
But what that knowledge gave beside Night Elves humiliation? Nothing. Blizzard could leave that story in secret to make everyone happy, but noo, they decided differently.

As for Malfurion. Just for info, on Alfa Classic, only Night Elves were originally planed as Druids. Druids was Night Elves class only in the beginning since Warcraft 3. Taurens have received a druid class as a gift (unique thing that was stolen from Night Elves) just for a game balance.
So, it was the least what Blizzard could do to repay the dept to Night Elves fans, by saying that Malfurion was actually the first druid.

Maiev till the BfA was Neutral character. She never was a leader. She always was a second role character. Second role characters die much often than the main leaders.
Besides, before Cata, she became a criminal, and was hiding from Night Elves soldiers.

Knowing that the powers of the Night Warrior was planned as a curse, and was planned to be given to Maiev, it’s absolutely obvious that the Night Warrior was planned to die in the end.

Ok I see where you getting at and maybe theres some merit in that assumption.

Regarding rest I beg to disagree though, by the rate of deceased leaders I would actually say opposite - the non-faction leaders have been used more flexibly in story for WoW. Maiev has been prominant Night Elven character for long time and leader of Watchers, she is far from Neutral when it comes to Horde lorewise, gameplay wise the only two occasions they presented her in game it was for “common goal”.

P.S. How the tables have turned for these two ladies.

I suppose I sympathise…to an extent, It’s a bit much when you were set to be this amazing race of masters at everything, only to have another race, trolls, the race that usually reserves it’s lore bits through being cannonfodder in raids and dungeons, get the Azeroth’s first civilization and oldest empires privilege…:frowning: I mean, consider this, another race gets something going for it, and it’s again a slight to the Night Elves…
Who says you can’t get to claim the Night Elves were created by Elune? I mean, who dumped that magical pond there, was it for certain it was the titans(I loathe how everything is titan Reliant these days), and Elune did create the Night Elves…she just Didn’t create them out of thin air, they just happened to be a troll tribe hanging around the magical well.
But other than that, I agree with you, would’ve been allot cooler if some stuff was left in the dark and guessed at.
Besides…you can’t honestly claim Night Elf players are the only ones that have to deal with toxicity and trolling? Look at what Trolls and Blood Elves have to put up with at times? The Forsaken? They sure feel loved right now……
I myself had to put up with a whole thread claiming how great of a racial leader Baine Bloodhoof is, if that isn’t trolling or toxic…

Now This, you really have a weird way of putting things. Tauren received the druid class as a ‘gift’? And then you say ‘stolen’ from the Night Elves", really
First off, you do now the whole Druidism thing was originally from the High Elves right? Or rather, The Elves from WC2, they had rangers, they had Druids that made the magical runestones -But then came WC3 and the Elves were dubbed High Elves and relegated to arcane magic users mainly, not even that, they were also the offshoot of the ferocious proto Elf, Blizzard’s new baby ; The Night Elf.
Think about that before you talk about ‘stealing’.
As for ‘repaying the debt’, the tauren are still relegated to second class in almost everything, when it comes to Druidism, everything is copy-pasted from the Night Elf, so gee man, should I be thanking you, noble Night Elf player? Or Blizzard for just copy-pasting some Night Elf druid stuff and making the tauren a second rate night elf henchman? With nothing to note for themselves?

You know, when Cataclysm came out and gave Tauren Paladins and Priests….I thought….helll noo, this is a bad bad baaad joke…, but then Blizzard was like, but they’re Seers(and it stopped there lol) and the Paladins were actually Sunwalkers, a group of militant warrior Druids that channel the light of their Sun god An’she……well, An’she, is just the sun, nothing more…while the moon…is like a real GODDESS that grants amazing powers and is actually the only comfirmed godlike being so far that isn’t a titan…oh and the ‘Sunwalkers’ aren’t actually channeling the sun, they discovered they were just paladins in Legion…
So yeah, Noooothing going for em…a race leader that, unlike Tyrande, looks the other way when his people get butchered, sends parts of himself to Anduin, is a warrior of no renown, has nothing special to add, other than making a fine doormat, I mean I suppose he looks kinda cool, I guess I can give him a point for that.
And as far as the lore/ story is concerned, the whole race is little more than a bunch of victims, that turn the other cheek….looking back to what they were in WC3…You honestly think Blizzard hates the Night Elves?

I’ll go a step further even, narratively speaking BFA is the best damn thing to happen to the race? You know why? Because it actually gave them a chance to show how they were meant to be, a chance to show the Night Elves from WC3 with a Warrior Priestess at it’s lead that is feared and respected, one that actually kills Nathanos Blightcaller come next patch or so, again one of our horde characters killed, by an Alliance leader this time, it doesn’t even matter if we may or may not see him in Shadowlands, that’s part of the gist, what matters is she gets to kill him.
You’re so Lucky your favorite race is actually doing stuff and getting all that spotlight, because we already know this isn’t over anytime soon yet.
And if Blizzard’s listens to the Night Elf fans, we know we can expect allot more punishment for the Horde, because just Killing Sylvanas or Nathanos will not be enough.
You’ll probably want to eridicate Orgrimmar and level Thunder Bluff next, I hope when that happens the Alliance as a whole is tarnished, just like the Horde had to be, I do wonder if those genocides would be enough :wink:

Why would that mean Tyrande dies though? They already changed her to replace Maiev, so why wouldn’t they change the ending?
On the other hand, why should Alliance characters not die? Since it comes so easily to Horde characters? Why would/should it be different?

4 Likes

Correct.
If you choose Ardenweald as a horde player, you’ll get the pleasure of this dialogue:

• Spoilers

Shandris Feathermoon: Minn’do, come with us. We can leave the darkness of the Maw behind and bring you back to the light.
Tyrande Whisperwind: You think this hero of the Horde will aid us? I should strike them down where they stand!
Shandris Feathermoon: I share your doubts… but I have witnessed them saving lost souls. I believe they can help us.
Shandris Feathermoon: You need not trust them… but I ask that you trust me.
Tyrande Whisperwind: So be it. See that this champion of the Horde atones for their people’s crimes.
Tyrande Whisperwind: While I claim vengeance for the kaldorei.

1 Like

Night Elves are Blizzard’s love child confirmed!
Now all that whining looks doubly ridicilious… all that while we het to help a Tauren npc “Ascend!”…into a blue Human.
And Trolls get one little “pocket realm” from "Mueh Zala’s lil’ helpa’ for all their lore about death realms and Loa…and even that is supposedly riddled with…gnomes

Man that damn Horde bias…I truly don’t know how these poor Night Elf players deal with their heavy burdens :frowning:

5 Likes

God I hope it’s Baine, words cannot express my hatred of that character.

Even with the story in the state it is in and even with all of my negativity regarding it, getting rid of Baine would at least make me be a little optimistic about the future and put a smile on my face.

I doubt it’s ever gonna happen though, Baine is gonna plague the story for a long time to come, at least he’ll have Calia to keep him company on my most hated character list.

2 Likes

Sylvanas, obviously.

Baine is an idiot, but not as hated as the people who do hate him imagine. He’s basically just Lesser Thrall; only way he could die is if he became popular enough for it to bother anyone. Lots of Hordies hate the Elves in general, but neither Thalyssra nor Lor’themar has been showing death flags. Geya’rah is there to absorb the leftover Sylvanas fans - I was going to make a “There must always be a Lich King” joke, but the best moniker I could come up with would trip the censors.

If Mayla Highmountain suddenly gets a pivotal character arc, it means she’s about to do a Vol’jin and die to make someone else more important. Gazlowe is still too newly-appointed, give him an expansion of not doing anything before he’s on the chopping block. People consistently forget Kiro is part of the Horde at all, so they know that wouldn’t do anything.

Talanji is well liked, and Blizzard is just tone deaf enough to think it’s a good idea, so that’s worth watching. Ji Firepaw isn’t a leader, he’s a decoration at the embassy. Calia’s not slated to die until her route is finished. Rokhan is a minor character at best, I’m not sure he’s even a “leader” so much as a placeholder. And I swear I’m missing somebody, but I can’t think who it is… No, seriously, that’s not sarcasm, I’m wracking my brains here.

Wrong. I have played in Warcraft 2 in 90 for many-many hours. High Elven rangers were just a good archers, they had nothing to do with druidism.
As for rune-stones, in Warcraft 2 rune-stones were magical obelisks, created by magic. GulDan used some of those magical rune-stones to transform Ogres into Ogre-Mages. Those rune-stones has nothing to do with Druidism also.

When Druids were first represented in game, they were Night Elves only, their unique thing. It was their power that they gain when they started to live in balance with Nature, for thousands of years. To become druids they had to work in Emerald Dream for thousands of years.
Now everyone can be druids, even humans. Any mortal can become druid just in a couple of years… So don’t tell me that druids were not stolen from Night Elves…

2 much to write to answer this, I will just leave a link where everything is collected in one post:

-so, it’s better to not have any spotlights at all, instead of being completely wiped out, and get humiliations in every books and every addon. Playing a role of punching bags for story development…

Darkspears trolls leader will become an LOA! He will become immortal DEMIGOD! And it will be not a curse like in Tyrande case. This troll will become a demigod, one of the strongest immortal creatures in universe, without any consequences.…

As of the personal pocked realm. Maybe Its better to have personal pocked realm instead of having nothing at all ??? Do Night Elves have their personal realm ? Or Humans ? Or maybe Dwarfs or Orcs ?
While others races transforms to blue humans(losing their personality), or become Night Fae(slaves that works on LOA), or became hostages in Vampire castles, or became an arm or leg of the some undead creature, trolls save their personality and chill in their personal pocked realm . . .

Warcraft II

The Warcraft II manual indicates that the Runestone in Caer Darrow was placed there by “Elven Druids”.[1] These druids are not referred to anywhere else in the game or the manual, and all references to this Runestone in the manual describe its power as either “Elven magic” or “arcane”. Since the night elves and their druids were not added into the lore until the introduction of Warcraft III, it is unclear if these elven druids have any similarities to the night elf druids beyond a coincidence of name.

The Warcraft Encyclopedia states that “Elven magi” created the Runestones that surround Quel’Thalas.[2] This seems to conflict with Warcraft II manual’s account that those Runestones are created by “Elven Druids”.

Just as the WC2 game manual tells you when talking about the Altar of Storms, the stones used were desecrated Elven Runestones, created by Elven druids to ward of invaders from their Kingdom.
http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/Warcraft%202%20Battlenet%20edition.PDF
Scroll over to ‘Place of Mystery’ and read the part about Caer Darrow.
Also scroll over to ‘The Alliance of Lordaeron’ and read the description of the Elves of Quel’Thalas - It literally says “Their magiks, so closely tied to the forces of the earth, had shown evidence that the orcs had been defiling the very lands of Lordaeron as part of their sinister plans.” - Sounds to me like…Druidism.

So No, You’re wrong, the Elves were retconned in order for the Night Elves to become a thing…and again ‘stolen’…? Druidism fits the Tauren just fine, and the original Elves were retconned into something completely different from the vibe you get from WC2 in order for Night Elves to happen. So no more pointing fingers and claming others ‘stole’ something from you.

Also I’m really, really reaaaaallly, not interrested in reading through the epitome thread of Night Elf selfpity…I think I made rather fair points as to why I disagree with your victim role….'punching bags’…that kind of describes the Alliance as a whole to me, Night Elves least of them.
It also describes the Tauren’s development since Cataclysm.

Okay, and Tyrande won’t die or become weaker.
As if it actually means something that Vol’jin becomes a Loa, it won’t do anything for the Horde, or for the Darkspear, did you even notice how Loa get killed by the dozens? It should be a big deal, but the game doesn’t show that to be the case.

Yeah, that’s nice, atleast the trolls have that going for them…after they’ve died en masse in dungeons and raids.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with said predicament, but once again you went with the hyperbole: The Night elf losses pale in comparison with those of many other races. No, they aren’t the ones that had it the worst.

Blood elves lost 90% of their population, the Mag’har and the Draenei an entire planet worth of their race, Gnomes, Worgen and Darkspear have been refugees in their allies cities since they were first introduced…

And contrary to the above, Night elves are the only ones whose loss is being highlighted as a recurring narrative issue that requires fixing, has been the centre piece of a whole arch, will have consequences carrying forth onto the next expansion, and will be addressed to the point that players will actively aim at reverting said damage.
(And i’m leaving out the nonexistent issue behind losing large population numbers in a setting that does not care about population numbers…).

So yeah, pumping your chest by pointing at the number of complaint threads you opened doesn’t make “your race” the most aggravated. It just signals that you whinge more than most.

4 Likes