Who legit likes shaman?

I’m not making fun or judging. I’m genuinely asking if someone really liked the shaman as a class fantasy.

What are the cool moments made you pick shaman. Did you see all those wow classes and saw the shaman. and said wow that’s totally me ?

When I see Druid. I say wow cool I am one with nature I can shapeshift into bear or cat. That’s a cool moments of the class and I can easily see why people would like them.

another Example Rogues I don’t like rogues but I totally get why people would love to play this type of class. a Stealthy assassin or quick agile melee class. it’s something is commonly picked.

But then there is the Shaman. I know elemental and stuff but I want to know if there are people who legit like the shaman. not as an ingame class and mechanics. but as a class fantasy. like wow I can summon elemental and put totems ?

4 Likes

There is nothing better then throwing lightning at enemies and molting them with lava
Unlimited power u know

4 Likes

Shamans are one of the cool unique classes there is lore wise, Some of the coolest bosses in game are tied to shamans from the elemental planes including ragnarous himself.

Why do you question Shaman and not Warrior or rogue? surely Shaman has more back story and interesting lore than “me smash good weapon”

6 Likes

What doesn’t sound cool about using elements?
Have you never watched Avatar?

I always wonder why people wouldn’t want to be a warrior who uses wind and lightning to crash down on their enemies with enhanced powers, opposed to a warrior who is in theory just strong and good at swinging the sword.

It’s also one of the classes that you can’t find in every other game.

Priest, Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Hunter, and Mage you can pretty much find in most other fantasy based games.

2 Likes

Shaman actually had one of the best Class hall stories in Legion too, I guess you never did it OP?

This. I loved watching that show

1 Like

I’ve always loved the idea of bending elements to my will, be that by force or by harmony, or in my shamans case by bribing the proper higher up elementals, I don’t care.

I don’t necessarly like the elementals shaman can summon and I absolutely despise the current iteration, being storm ele + vision of perfection, but effectively being a magic user that utilizes all of the elements is quite appealing to me.

Then there’s also the WC3 shamans that were one of my favorite units.

There’s enough reasons to like any class if you think for a bit longer about it, even if it isn’t obvious to you at first.

1 Like

Wolf form
Dino form
Totems
Elementals
Hexes
Doomhammer
The legion order hall campaign
Class mount
Healing wise our spells look amazing .
We can stun and interupt and cc we are one of the best classes out .

5 Likes

no 1 like them

1 Like

I just made my first Alliance Shaman (Dwarf) after my Orc Shamans has been gathering dust around level 10-20.

Time will tell what will be of it, though Shaman is likely to be the last class I get to max level.

2 Likes

I have 3 of them, so make of that what you will…

Levelling a shaman is actually one of the most painful experiences of my life, but once you start getting access to lava surge, earth shock and lasso it starts feeling good. Truth be told it took me a few attempts to get to that stage because I would just give up on the class, but I’m glad I stuck with it.
They still feel like paper, so can be a little annoying to play, but I think if Blizz looked at their defensives they could be a really great class.

Shaman stole your loot? :smiley:

2 Likes

Must have been a long time ago, personal loot has been a thing for quite some time now.

Original vanilla cinematic where Tauren Shaman is spilling powder onto the wind.
And then BfA entrance cinematic and Zappy Boi (Zekhan).

Beside that this is the only class wielding lightening as a weapon.
Shaman is a mystical warrior, communing with spirits and elements (sadly lately they went all the way toward elements path with Shamans) to boost their already deadly weapon handling.

1 Like

I love shamans. Also hard for me to imagine a draenei being something else. Even their starting area quests are a bit shaman like

This. I loved the shaman and far seer in WC3. Spirit wolves, the bloodlust sound and cool looking armor.
Although bloodlust and spirit wolves weren’t there at the start xD

Three words:
Fox. Shaped. Totems.
:ocean::mountain: :fox_face: :fire::tornado:

4 Likes

holysh. SOLD!!!

My work here is done
Welcome in the Caravan

Vanishes to the darkness

I love the fantasy of Shaman but cannot for the life of me play it.

2 Likes