Who's the forsaken leader

Ion said it won’t be Calia but. She’s there at the intro quest of shadowlands. Then there is Lillian Voss. A fan favorite. Blizzard would might do good to expand her character. What do you guys think who’s going to win the leadership over?

Lillian Voss, a fan-favourite? Lmao, 95% of the playerbase just knows her as the “Scholomance quest giver”.

1 Like

Kel’Thuzad, obviously. He is practically the father of the Forsaken, and his comeback in their hour of need will be glorious. This will take the Forsaken back to what they were always meant to be: Mind slaves.

5 Likes

As of now, we really don’t know for sure.

As far as the novel excerpts go, both Calia and Lillian hold a relevant position as “Dual” representatives for the Forsaken race. Both have a seat, in the newly founded Horde Council.

Now, i doubt that stays that way. And if i were to bet, i’d lean on the writer’s pet that has been pushed to the forefront in the last 2 expansions (and novels): Calia.

That said, it’s all still up for speculation.
And as of now, i do not see the good choice, just the lesser evil.

Personally, i’d love to have some “Old-School” guy like Nathanos, Belmont, or Faranell.
Or at least some lore “heavy-hitter” like Bolvar (bit crazy i know).

But wouldn’t mind another “diluted” alternative such as Faol. And now that Wimbert above pointed at Kel’thuzad, i’m even considering Helcular as some acceptable alternative. Dude was kinda cool and had some heavy footing regarding Forsaken affairs.

2 Likes

I’d rather if they pulled out somebody new at this point. Someone from the cult of forgotten shadow maybe?
Someone who would both shunn Sylvanas and Calia and say that both extremes are inacceptable and that they will find their own away without Menethil.

1 Like

The only competent and fitted character would be Nathanos, but we all know that’s not going to happen, which is a shame considering how much they invested developing him.

The rest, I don’t care about them.

2 Likes

I would also love for Nathanos to return.

Now its Voss. One with strong connections to Sylvanas will be the wrong move for Forshakens right now. I don’t know If they planning to put Callia but now its premature, they must build her connection with Forshakens and Horde more.

While I would prefer Voss, at this rate I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Calia.

Blizz should throw a curve ball and make it someone like Teron Gorefiend or something. He probably knows necromancy he so can continue the forsaken. He was semi loyal to the horde, ogrims horde, but still lol.

1 Like

All the signs are there that Calia is being groomed for leadership. Quite frankly I think the only reason Lillian Voss is technically the ‘Interim-leader’ now is because of the community backlash against Calia. I think the devs are genuinely stumped as to how they are going to try to make Calia likable to the Forsaken playerbase.

2 Likes

I like Lilian Voss as well as Dark Ranger Velonara. I hope she gets more development, she has so much potential!

2 Likes

It’s most logical after the “betrayal” for the forsaken to have a council of the different forsaken factions - Deathstalkers , Royal Apothecaries , Defilers and so on. We’re kinda past the - follow a singular body - type of ordeal.
Also miss Voss is a new forsaken , and she is affiliated with other organisations.

1 Like

The current Interim leader is Lilian Voss. But personally I would prefer if it if Nathanos took over.

Heck I even take the black Bride. Anyone but Calia.

1 Like

Would be cool if Nathanos finally had enough of the Elf and called her out for her BS, returned to lead the Forsaken and kick her bum. I miss the old plaguelands Nathanos with his hounds.

They all kind of pale in comparison to the status Sylvanas held, but Blizzard decided to throw that away. Like they do with so many other things.

However! I’m surprised to see the support for Nathanos. Felt like everyone hated him. I sure did, he’s a condescending jerk – but he has been an important figure throughout the last two expansions and his proximity to Sylvanas earns him some legitimacy. He’s the most logical choice, in my view. From a narrative perspective he makes the most sense as well because he’s emotionally invested in Sylvanas’ betrayal. More so than any other candidate.

The idea of an Undead council is otherwise something I thought could be really cool. It’s very fitting that the one race that has experienced their freedom taken from them in the worst possible way would promote a style of governance that is democratic and meritocratic. That said, it’s not something the writers have prepared in the game narrative at all. If it were to happen it risks feeling a bit underwhelming.

1 Like

Above that, with the current lore, by working with Sylvanas he has actively worked against the Horde, on several occasions leading to the Horde’s damage. (And the willful sending of Horde fallen to literal Warcraft hell, Forsaken included)

I’m really not sure what legitimacy this would earn him among their leaders.

1 Like

That is a fair point. He did show some restraint in his actions every now and then but at the end of the day he still obeyed orders.

I think he is too far in, in the Banshee-simp story arc they designed for him.I am aware of the recent book, yet I still think he will most likely die with the Slyvanus at the end.In a forced romantic way.God please not…

Maybe it would be the best if we got a new Forsaken character, something fresh, something unique.Something that would spice up the forsaken.

1 Like

He is representative of most, if not all, of the defining traits of his race.
He has background, theme, and personality that resonates with the overall narrative of the faction.

He is tied to Lordaeron, valid gripes with the Alliance, and seems to have certain underlying soldier sense.

He is basically the Forsaken equivalent Saurfang is for Orcs.
And even if he has some nasty traits that surface from time to time, those are often tied to the logical causality anyone would expect from having a guy from a morally bankrupt race, rising to said position of power. Without being cartoonishly evil because of it.

He is part of the old school cast, and has logical ties that could explain why would the rest of the faction follow him.

In all, he is representative of what anyone would expect a Forsaken champion would be.

3 Likes

With this I disagree. Strongly.

His gripes as stated in BfA are a lore contrivance, bordering on the retcon.

Nathanos Blightcaller says: I once fought for their cause. The Alliance’s insufferable arrogance has increased tenfold since they turned their backs on us.
Garona Halforcen says: Turned their backs?
Nathanos Blightcaller says: When the Lich King’s hold over us was broken, Sylvanas sought allies. Instead of embracing their fallen kin of Lordaeron, the humans spurned us. Hunted us. So I vowed to hunt them.

This is, completely, and utterly false.

Sylvanas did seek a temporary alliance with the humans, and the humans accepted. This alliance was made with Garithos.

With whom they collaborated on the pact that in the moment Balnazzar was ousted from Capital City, Sylvanas and her followers would surrender it to the humans.

Grand Marshal Garithos: What is it you want, elf witch?
Sylvanas Windrunner: We have a common enemy. The last dreadlord, Balnazzar, currently controls the capital city of your kingdom. If you help me kill him, I’ll see to it that you get your lands back.
Grand Marshal Garithos: Why should we trust you? You’re part of the Scourge that drove us out in the first place!
Sylvanas Windrunner: Not anymore. My only interest here is vengeance.
Grand Marshal Garithos: Very well. I’ll rally what’s left of my forces and meet you outside the gates.

Obviously, this is not what the Forsaken ended up doing, and betrayed the humans by feeding their leader to ghouls.

What happened to the rest of the gathered humans, dwarves and the few gnomes, is left up to imagination, but with this in mind, Nathanos’ reasoning against the humans rings entirely hollow.

When the humans helped them, the Forsaken betrayed them. Any act that followed in return was reactionary fair game.

His “valid gripes” are a revisionist take on history, straight up lies.

But hey, I guess he sounds edgy in BfA so he has to be cool.

Although to be honest it’s sad that the Horde is continuously denied to use proper justification in fighting the Alliance, so they have to resort to stuff like “they may attack us one hundred years from now” or things like this, basically having lore characters making headcanon in-game.

Instead of actually valid causes such as: Stormheim, the Purge of Dalaran, Taurajo, the Stonespire tribe, etc.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nathanos_Blightcaller#/media/File:Nathanos_Blightcaller_TCG.jpg

Bring THIS Nathanos back, then we may start thinking about it.

1 Like