Why are 2s so awful?

Like bro, mindgames in 2s is basically an insta win against a double dps comp, healers are untouchable, stealth abusers, the list goes on and on… This is my first time ever doing rated content, i have played like 5 hours of it and i stg its the most skilless thing i have ever done. There is no skill involved, its just about your comp and gear. “oh yeah all these pvers thinking their raid logging takes skill” yea mate, definitely takes more skill than abusing disc/mm, resto/mm, any healer/dps in 2s. Its so not fun. Atleast in league you always have the potential to outplay even if you are playing Syndra against Zed which has like 30% wr in my masters mmr but if you play good you can win the lane, in 2s you literally cant in alot of situations. And it would be so easy to balance aswell, but no, blizz doesnt give a single f about any PvP gm outside of 3s, and i dont do 3s, but my friends constantly complain about how awful 3s are aswell on higher cr, and 3s are the AWC gm, like how lazy do you have to be to not balance even the game mode in which the official competition takes place.

TL;DR: Please stop making PvP badge bis trinket in PvE when you cant even make PvP accesible and balanced you absolute buffoons.

5 Likes

At your rating and my rating, your post is just completely wrong. I’d say there’s very few matchups that are so one-sided you cant outplay. Considering its the first time you’re doing rated content, perhaps you should learn more about it to improve. Go to skillcapped to see various addons/tactics etc and actually play the game before assuming things.

There’s a ton of awful things in pvp but I’d say every class has something viable generally, just some things require more effort but below certain rating thresholds, its more about gear/mistakes.

7 Likes

Mate, you’ve played 30 games. Give it some time

1 Like

Every hard game feels awful at start with seemingly impossible things to overcome. Especially when they’ve been around for a long time and have been figured out in depth.

You complain about certain compositions, but I don’t see what’s so terrible about them. Same with mind games. It’s a strong spell that you need to respect, like many others.

By the way, this season more than others I’ve seen a lot different double dps comps, at all the ratings I’ve played in and yes, that include rets too.

Then you talk about how in another game you can win an unfavorable matchup. Well, it’s the same here. You may win very unfavorable matchups if you play it better. People make mistakes at all levels.

You state that it takes no skills and yet you only have played it for 5 hours. I suggest giving it a more fair try and more time.

2 Likes

Cuz its not ESport skillbased game. Its a gear DPS vs gear DPS game and broken mechnics ofc. Its not even close to any good MOBA game. PvP here is just a mini-game. Some players get fun, but most of playerbase don’t even touch this type of WoW content.
You know how people play this game in years? Roll what is broken, get a lot of time, get TOP gear, pres 1-2-3 - welcome mr. Gladiator.

3 Likes

As someone who has played high in League, and semi-high in WoW arena, the two aren’t even compareable.
League, Imo, is a much easier game, you can get a lot further, and even compensated for, at lower skill levels.

If there’s anything that’s ever been “just abuse X class/comp for success” it’s League, switching every few months.

1 Like

LMAO on what high level did you play, gold mmr? Stop talking out of your bum, there are Ivern one tricks getting challenger consistently. Some match ups are harder to win but every match up is winnable. If you truly played on high mmr you know this, but you never did. Post op.gg.

1 Like

Just like in WoW, every match up is winnable.
It’s not as easy when you only have one or two people that can pick up your slack, in comparison to having 4 people able to do so.

Similar to having Ivern one tricks reaching top tier, you also have arcane mages and holy paladins that reach what’s considered some of the highest rating in 2s. Although admittedly, WoW isn’t as balanced as LoL is, largely due to the far more frequent patching that happens in LoL.
You can still get 2.1k with LFG for your badge no matter what spec you play.

FYI, I’ve been master tier just like you have :slight_smile:

Just improve on your gameplay and you’ll get your desired rating, provided you’re willing to put in the effort to learn.

2 Likes

ok mommy-milkers type wojak, post op…gg. I can say ive been a member of fnatic but without providing any evidence to prove it its invalid.

Eyo that’s nice for you my man

I’m not here to compare League D with you though, but if you want your 2.1k then just listen to what I’ve been saying :slight_smile:

Take the time to learn and I am sure a pro Fnatic gamer can attain 2.1k in a short period of time

yo bro whats up

depends on the comb, most hybrid can heal through it or survive it with emblem and wall etc. As ret i suggest using your shield that absorbs dmg and bm when you get mindgames.

not really, especially not this season were dmg is extremely high.

what do you mean by that?

maybe thats the problem?

how can you say that after 5 hours? you are clearly unexperienced and dont understand what is happening at all in arena.

its mostly skill, gear is important too though

disc mm and resto mm are not s tier combs at all. if you lose to them you are doing major mistakes

im playing non meta double dps at almost 2600 mmr in 2s and there are even better people than me playing higher why do you think you cannot outplay in arena?

ah so you do pvp for your pve raiding and you cry because you are trash at the game? :frowning:

3 Likes

But the same way there are Rets playing double dps at very high rating in 2s. It is both harder to do than lets say Survival/Rdruid, arguably the best 2v2 comp, but its doable.

Its just about how much time you want to invest aswell. Or did you become Masters in League in 2 weeks? I doubt it.

This does not even make sense. You barely played the Game to get to a remotely acceptable level but complain its skilless?

Ret might not be the best in 2s, same for other Specs like Enhance or MM, but they’re all super easily 2.1 and even 2.4 viable, especially at the end of an season.

1 Like

thanks for the post made me laugh maybe play more than 2 games u scrub

I recently started Formula 1 racing, i have practiced like 5 hours and I have to say its the most skilless thing I have ever done. There is no skill involved, it’s just about your car.

8 Likes

Wish I had your gear could go 2k+ easy.

while playing more and higher will change the game itself, it doesn’t change the fact that 2s are a freaking joke balance wise =)

And that’s irrelevant until you’re at high ratings.

no it is not.

You will have a better time on certain specs than on others. That doesn’t change with rating if you are at the rating of your skill level.

Let’s say i am an avg. garbage player that can reach 1.8k more or less on whatever non trash spec, it means I probably can be 2k with a BM hunter or DH or 1.4k with enhancer or insert rng trash tier spec (2s, before someone says lol turbo)

so I don’t agree that balance is irrelevant on lower rating.

1 Like

Ret + feral can reach high.
But nwm OP trolling, next Anoraaz

1 Like

Is what I played this season.

Sure, there’s bad balance, but I don’t think it is all over the place, I think there are a handful of offenders that are way above the rest. Rdruid and hunter for example.
Anyway, when you acquire some skill you will lose in a different way. With no skill you lose because you are overwhelmed and don’t know what to do, anyone could stomp you at that point and everything seems to be a counter to yourself. Once you get better this doesn’t happen, you don’t let people exploit you as easily and you might still lose, but you put up a fight - which feels a bit better.

1 Like