Why are survival hunters unpopular?

I mean… To me sv always looked like runnin dottin kitin explodin spec… And it still is.

Survival was torn from its fan base originally.

Then ruined to the points it’s new fan base no longer wants it :stuck_out_tongue:

I loved legion survival. But at this point they took it from “being too like MM” too “too much like BM”

Take it back to what it was to legion (maybe with some changes to stop it being so punishing. But I want things like caltrops and things back.

1 Like

Survival hunter is not optimized for raid or m+.
Survival hunter cant do same dmg and can’t come even close to defensive power like other mele specs.
So its not Unpopular spec, its just a bad spec.

Now that I’m getting better azerite gear and a higher ilvl, I’m still competing with other classes, dealing either the same or more damage. Despite my DH being a lot stronger, by DPS isn’t that far off, especially single target in M+. Multi target only really works well if I get some latent poison stacks at 10 done.

Tf you even on about lmao.
Survival is fine for both M+ and Raids, with the right setup they can just as much as a memeflurry rogue (but obviously requires more than just 1 button press).

Survival has this expac been:
-The best specc upto Uldir
-The better of the speccs for Uldir
-Held up well in BoD
-Less stellar in CoS as if melee was good in that raid
-Doing just fine in EP and in some cases outperforming BM.
Our defenses are as with ANY of the speccs kiting our enemy, using CC and not tanking damage in the face.

Speccs not perfect by far, but it’s not as bad as you spew out my dude. It’s still better than MM due to lack of 2-target cleave on it while SV has a strong ST not diminished much by swapping target.

You see more BMs around as BM has better cleave, which this tier is more important on some fights and obvs the biggest issue being a melee not really bringing anything spectacular to the table like DH, monk or rogue.

Yes I can read logs, yes I can analyze logs and yes I can be critical of my specc despite not doing Mythic/Cutting Edge anymore :v:

2 Likes

You are fine and you are on bottom of every staticts for raiding and m+.
You are troll who dont care about balance.

Well it is balanced number wise, still people don’tmlike it, who knows why…? :thinking::thinking:

Not it’s not balanced number wise. That’s why its unpopular. No more trolls.

survival hunters in current raid tier pulls higher numbers then the other two hunter specs, numbers in raid encounter at the very least are not a problem at all, it’s just the design of the spec and the fact thta it’s melee that doesn’t caters to most of the hunter mains. It’s a great alt spec for melee mains tho so i guess Worth it?

1 Like

It made me give up havoc, while I used to love that spec :smile:

Survival hunters in current raid tier pulls higher numbers? Where? Stop trolling plz. I am here for serious feedback and serious conversations.

Except im not? My logs for the content I do -HC raiding mainly- are fine, M+ doesn’t entice me enough to do more than my weekly and my point was made by looking at and comparing Mythic logs from high end folk.

Disagreeing with you and giving a point doesn’t make me a troll, if anything your lack of a structured argument other than “lol bad specc” makes you more of a troll than the rest of us.

1 Like

We dont play same game.

My survival DPS in M+ and EPH is on par with others of my ilvl. Perhaps they are underperforming, perhaps I’m overperforming… I haven’t experienced it to be a weak spec.

1 Like

Hard to say really, some underperform, some have bad traits and others are just a lost cause. Surv is ok, not the best, not the worst (unless you look and live in sims lmao).

Whole class is middle of the pack and has been all expac, but unless you do Hall of Fame raiding then it really won’t matter much WHICH specc you play.

But we do, just at different skill and difficulty levels. Arguments however seems to be your low side :^)

3 Likes

Yes, couse Survival on top level is a bad Spec to play. But if you are doing 0 Mythic progress you can play whatever you want no one cares. You are obviously not experiencing any competition from others at any level.

The difference between the worst dps and best dps is 8k. 5k of that is RNG easily with how much of it’s currently in the meta.

Survival hunter in fact any class can easily compete.

Here’s a hint.

Just because ur had at a specc doesn’t mean it’s incapable of pulling competitive numbers.

1 Like

One of the best Surv hunters did do Hall of Fame Azshara so I still want to see your counter point other than “lol bad specc xd”. Surv can easily compete with others, just because you can’t play it doesn’t mean its a bad specc.

Arguments for why BM is -overall- better have been made, but doesn’t instantly mean every other specc is bad lmao.
For refference here’s the Surv logs on warcraft logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/23#class=Hunter&spec=Survival

And class logs for Hunter, mostly BM but you will find rep of both Surv and MM in there as well from people who know how to play the class to the max.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/23#class=Hunter

2 Likes

There is a reason why SV hunter are unpopular. And I gues all of SV hunters are here right now.

See SV hunter popularity on endboss:
www.warcraftlogs. com/zone/statistics/23/

I h8 for arguing for whats so obvious I gues people who defend state of SV hunter spec are dement and retarded and I feel sad for you.

And there it is.
You hate arguing because you don’t have a counter argument and just roll with “meta” which is fairs, there is a reason some classes and speccs go meta and others drift out. But outright calling people dement and retarded is just oof, must really want that forum vacation m’dude.

Also not every surv hunter is here, far from it. I’ve seen the popularity logs on Azshara, but that is not what we were debating now were we? No. We debated wether or not it was a good or bad specc and that’s what I go by.

Your only argument so far outside “bad specc xd” has been linking logs -which everyone here is more or less aware of at this point- but still managing to not bring ANYTHING else to the table.

:*

4 Likes