Why are there no male or female Dracthyr?

From what they’ve shown there is no male or female model, they both look the same. Before anyone says it’s because they’re based on lizards which aren’t distinguishable by gender, that’s false. Sexual dimorphism exists in reptiles and they physically differ in ways you can’t distinguish because you’re uninformed on the issue.

Some random person on Reddit made a much better looking male Dracthyr

https://i.imgur.com/10O1OnU.jpg

19 Likes

Does it matter?

10 Likes

It matters for the same reason you chose to play a female blood elf with that transmog. Players care about what their character looks like.

39 Likes

So in the greater scheme of things…No.

3 Likes

The current Dracthyr lacks BONE MASS. In Blizzard’s attempt to make it genderless they made it look frail with the bone structure of a Victoria’s Secret model. Many would prefer to play a powerful looking Dracthyr.

24 Likes

So, still a no then, it doesn’t really matter whether your pixels are male or female?

4 Likes

I agree with you, I’d like some distinct traits for both models.

I can’t write what I’d like to say without getting flagged and suspended. So I’ll just quote what another game’s character designer said about it and leave the rest to your imagination.

“Even in a videogame, a girl or woman does not need noticeable breasts and wider hips to be more feminine-looking”

4 Likes

I see male and female models :woman_shrugging:t3:

38 Likes

Once again puny, you post a logical and accurate response. How are people going to moan when you keep doing this :rofl:

9 Likes

A male dragon should definitely be bigger than a female, at least a little. Like a worgen for example. But that probably doesn’t go with Blizz’s new philosophy, if you know what I mean :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m really torn between making mine male or female atm, I love the option for the white hair with a bit of pink

but I also think the male models look amazing and it’s hard to resist that Wrathion vibe

5 Likes

The female model looks ok although I would add a bit of bosom since it’s humanoid, but the male model could use more bone and muscle mass. There are also many women playing the game who would like more distinct features for their female Dracthyr, so this isn’t just about males.

3 Likes

When the female model is a bit smaller than the male i probably make a female, but damn the male looks bad…s!

Actually it’s super easy, barely an inconvenience.

13 Likes

And that’s right. He will just be a caster / ranged, he doesn’t need muscle to cast spells. Get the male mage draenei … it’s awful! :cold_sweat::tired_face:
And as you say, the difference between male and female in lizards is not distinguished with the naked eye, unless one is well versed in the field.
Why does this choice bother you?

Where is it stated that dragons follow real world rules of biology? Seems like a very uninformed assumption

12 Likes

Where’s mah big dragon tiddies on the female?

I mean - reptiles have tiddies right? …RIGHT!?

10 Likes

Reptiles also don’t have breasts or nipples. As far as I’m aware that’s a mammal thing.

So that would only apply to their human forms.

5 Likes

As long as the female human body keeps the thicc thighs, everything is nice.

2 Likes

JUST CRUSHING MY DREAMS AREN’T YA!? :sob:

y r u like diz?

I don’t want human female.

I want dragon lady tiddies.

5 Likes