Why are there no male or female Dracthyr?

I’m sorry :rofl:, it’s a fantasy game, they could add them. It’s not like we have to adhere to biology.

4 Likes

Hurraaay!

Tig 'ol dragon bitties. \o/

6 Likes

We are not talking about dragons or reptiles, because Dracthyr are a humanoid form with dragon elements. Also you are not a biologist, because trained biologists will tell you there are some dimorphic traits that distinguish between male and female reptiles. From the perspective of a lizard they can easily distinguish between males and females of their own species, even if you aren’t able to as a human.

thanks. a ray of light in the darkness.

2 Likes

I mean if we were to adhere to real life logic they wouldn’t be able to fly either (nor would most creatures in the game) since the heaviest flying animal is around 20kg.

3 Likes

No, dracthyr is the race (as per the game’s use of the word “race”) and the visage form is one they assume for the sake of convenience and deception. Hence “visage” and not something like “true”, “natural” or “base”.

" Many pterosaurs were small but the largest had wingspans which exceeded 9 m (30 ft). The largest of these are estimated to have weighed 250 kilograms (550 lb)"

Take that you gnome!

1 Like

And this is a game, and Blizzard doesn’t have to use real life biology logic.

Isn’t fantasy great?

3 Likes

No, Dracthyr are a dragon race - the humanoid forms with dragon parts are their transformation. Just like Alexstrasza, Kalecgos, Ysera, Nozdormu etc use Elven HUMAN forms (except Kalec, who use Half-elf), but their true forms are still their DRAGON form.

2 Likes

I don’t mind more options though.
Blizz add!

15 Likes

And your proof that they could fly is what exactly? Maybe they could jump off a cliff and glide but I doubt they could flap their wings in a satisfactory speed to maintain altitude.

At the end of the day it’s a fantasy game, I don’t really care about there being reality. I have mounts that run through the air :rofl:

It is a shame, however, that some always want every male to be portrayed as this overly muscular bulked up steroid model.

8 Likes

This indicates that the largest pterosaurs may have had higher wing loadings than modern birds (depending on wing profile) and this has implications for the manner in which pterosaur flight might differ from that of modern birds.

Factors such as the warmer climate of the Mesozoic or higher levels of atmospheric oxygen have been proposed but it is now generally agreed that even the largest pterosaurs could have flown in today’s skies.[19] Partly, this is due to the presence of air sacs in their wing membranes.

I say again. Take that you gnome!

3 Likes

Well, what if they got a slider? Then you can be big beef cake, or slender. TAKE THAT!

I have a horse with wings made out of stars.

2 Likes

So you just want boobs on a dragon?

6 Likes

How do you feel about slender beef cakes?

Yes.

Then they ain’t beef. >:(

I WANT THAT BIG CHUNGUS BEEF!

3 Likes

We’ve not seen anything other than the released images, however one of the devs did follow up saying that there are more options.

Obviously we have no way of knowing what those bulkier options are at this point, or if they meet the needs of those that always have to look overly buff.

I also have that horse!

True, I’ll still play it (or at least try it out).

erhmegerd, did we just become Sparkle Friends?

2 Likes

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ClosedDistinctHerald-size_restricted.gif

3 Likes