Why are there no male or female Dracthyr?

this guy desperately wants to see some reptile boobs

Don’t you?

2 Likes

Who is saying that you’re going to be FORCED to play a bulky mass of muscle if they add more variety to the Dracthyr’s body shapes? You can still pick customization options which makes your male slender?

Why should we NOT be allowed to depict our Dracthyr as muscly and bulky? Got a good argument AGAINST more options rather than FOR? Or am I just sensing a degree of insecurity in these comments made by dudes who are seemingly against brawny forms?

The irony behind this community is that ya’ll scream for more customization options for existing races and classes, but when we’re talking about wanting to be able to make a dragon race more masculine or feminine, there’s an anti player agency philosophy immediately pushed. Why? Does it have something to do with that people nowadays hate the fact that there are actual, objective differences between men and women, biologically?

5 Likes

It’s been the same when the Kul Tirans were introduced, people had such meltdowns because it wasn’t the steroid fed male physique or slim female.

5 Likes

Question. Do you look at Lizards (the closest species to Dragons IRL, even has a Dragon Subspecies) and can definitely tell which one is male and which is female? No? Guess so, since Lizards are not Humans.

Remember, Drac’thyr are Dragons first, Humanoid-Form second…

1 Like

Irrelevant. We already have somewhat “ordinary” variants of Humans people can play instead if they do not enjoy Kul Tirans. Such objections just lack a foundation when there exist a solution to the problem.

There exists no such alternative to the Dracthyr. They are an all new, stand-alone race with no other alternatives that remotely resembles them. Therefore, players have the right to ask for more options.

Men are broader of shoulders and neck than women, averagely. Likening the Dracthyr to IRL lizards in terms of sexual dimorphism is a waste of time either way because they are bipedal and have wings. When they walk on two legs and have wings, surely, they can have a burlier chest option. Or is that too far-fetched in terms of fantasy in your mind, I am curious?

Doesn’t matter how much you try to eradicate the reality of genders. Biology is always present in one way or another to differentiate between sexes, and when it comes to humanoids, because let’s face it, all playable races are humanoids (having an appearance or character resembling that of a human), so to maintain consistency in terms of sexual dimorphism in WoW only makes sense.

2 Likes

Humans, yes.

Dragons dont have to follow that.

That’ll be an option, yes. Already confirmed.

It doesn’t with dragons.

Look at dragons except Alexstrasza, Tarecgosa, and Ysera - how can you tell the difference between genders besides their names?

Doesn’t have to be a thing.

Blizzard doing something different isn’t against the law.

It’s not the law. It’s the norm. I am not saying exceptions to the norm is forbidden. I am saying that consistency makes sense.

Dragon’s aren’t real. They are fantasy creatures. These Dracthyr aren’t traditional “dragons” anyway. They are humanoid drakonids that are very much going to interact with the world and engage with it in the same way our already established playable races can.

It’ll be an option. They have the opportunity to add more options. If people feel like Dracthyr can quickly become their favorite race, why shouldn’t men with a broad, masculine form who plays the race be able to fulfill that fantasy of their race reflecting them? Isn’t that what the new philosophy of WoW is all about? Identity and being able to don that identity in-game?

What stands in the way of being able to adjust our Dracthyr to have broader shoulders, thicker necks, stronger jaws, etc?

Have you got any other excuse than your reference to dragons, a race that’s been depicted differently in a thousand different fictional stories out there already?

I am quoting you: “Blizzard doing something different isn’t against the law.”

Indeed. Blizzard doing something different with dragons this time around is not against the law.

Who says they aren’t?

And I’ve never once said I’m against options.

We are presuming they aren’t because they have only so far confirmed that the Dracthyr can have, and I quote, “…to make your torso slightly more slender or slightly bulkier.”

I’m not gonna get my butt in a twist for something we don’t know everything about yet.

I’m pointing out things that you say should be because its generally that way.

Because people are asking for it. That’s why it is discussed. Is there a law against discussing things and mentioning wishes?

I am going to regurgitate and quote what you said: “Blizzard doing something different isn’t against the law.”

And following that logic, indeed. Blizzard doing something different with dragons this time around is not against the law.

Don’t quite get why i absolutely love the aesthetics of sethrak but find these “dragons” so awkward looking.

And that’s literaly what they’re doing by having the dragons look extremely similar despite the gender of 'em.

I disagree. They are not breaking away from any traditions in this regard. Sexual dimorphism hasn’t been much present in previous iterations of Dragons in other fictional fantasy works.

However, in the universe of WoW, Blizz has clearly made attempts at making the gender of a dragon distinguishable by looking at the outwardly. You mentioned Ysera and Alexstrasza before. I could literally recognize they were female dragons by the touch of embellishments and jewelry. So, while there haven’t been too much in terms of physical differentiation between dragons, there are other factors which are meant to accentuate the fact that one is more feminine than the other.

Blizzard is NOT doing something different if they are just going to follow the same old recipe which all other universes of fantasy has done regarding dragons. Giving Dracthyr options that can help put emphasis on masculinity, femininity, or neutrality, whatever, doesn’t hurt the game. Or is that a deal-breaker for you?

Per Blizz’s new philosophy, in terms of offering players greater agency and more customization options which can help their character reflect how they are themselves IRL, it is entirely within the scope of relevance to request more options.

Exactly, that’s why I excluded them - as they are ‘‘unique’’ and ‘‘special’’ Dragons. Your average dragon NPC dont matter, and all look the same. That was the point.

Those are meant to show that they are Special dragons, just like Jainas old model was like 10 feet tall, despite her being kinda short lorewise - its just to point out that this particular NPC is special.

Never said it was - I just said it wasnt important, and maybe Blizzard is trying something new by not doing that.

Unnecessary.

I don’t think they look feminine nor male - they look androgynous if anything.

6 Likes

I guess it’d be andragonous in this case :thinking:

3 Likes

I love you.

But I hate it! Stop that!

3 Likes

Sexual dimorphism should be forced in games, because well, what’s the bloomin’ point being able to select male or female if they look almost or exactly the same.

It’s why non-mammal races tend to have, well, certain mammalian features. It’s something we can at-once recognise.

2 Likes