Why are there still old dungeons in game?

So, why are they still here? I have alts on 30+, the only dungeons I can queue are BFA ones. I have checked, and all dungeons have the same item lvl drop, no matter BFA dungeons or even vanila dungeons, all have 37 ilvl (for me now) items drop. Sounds cool, game is equal. But… why can’t we queue all dungeons? Game consists of hundreds of dungeons and I can only queue F* five BFA ones? What is going on with this game? Since we have pve scaling, shouldn’t we be able to queue for… anything?

If you speak to Chromie in your faction’s capitol, you can select a timeline and queue for those dungeons.

Sneaky tip: If you have friends / people to level with, you can all select different timelines, and it allows you queue for their timeline choices as well as your own timeline choice

8 Likes

Should not need sneaky tips or Chromie time. Old dungons should all be open while leveling up as mobs and loot lvl up with you nowdays.

6 Likes

I would prefer to be able to queue up for all dungeons. If I level another char I may try going the pre Chromie route and see if that’s better than having such a small selection of dungeons to do.

9 Likes

I didn’t design the system, just trying to offer help.

5 Likes

sorry puny , but even when you start without chromie you cannot sign up for old dungeons. Its stupid as hell imo

1 Like

the worst thing bout chromie is that you cant go DG with friends if they r on a different timeline :S

1 Like

Yes you can. It’s how I’ve been leveling 2 alts the past weeks :joy:

1 Like

thats weard because i cant. I have started a fresh dranei on argent down several weeks ago and i can not use dungeon finder exept for bfa ones , not for classic or any other x pack

If you do not select a timeline from chromie, the default one is bfa.

i do believe you, but why? why not just pik whatever you want.

I can only speculate, but I think the changes to leveling would make a lot of the dungeons queue times too long if that was the case.

Leveling, transmog, bit of craic, quests and why would they be removed?

You are not to have any craic in WoW. The anti craic department is in ultra officious mode. Always.

2 Likes

Wasn’t going after you my dear.
Just stating that nothing special should be needed to do for alts or new players to enter every old dungeon.

1 Like

The old system should apply, you aren’t forced to level via Chromie (unless you don’t have a single level 50 on your account).

We will see, but it’s sometime before I will level another, too busy atm.

It was my understanding of the system that not opting into Chromie levelling would allow us to pick dungeons as normal levelling used to.

Thanks for the confirmation :slight_smile:

1 Like

No chromie time → defaults to bfa
Chromie time → dungeons based on your expac, where cataclysm is basically the things like deadmines

Afaik you can freely switch between them, so when you get into maurodon range, you can just swap to tbc afaik :joy:

Queue lengths will be shorter if all dungeons are included. By having separate queues for expansion-specific dungeon groups, it can happen that a group cannot be formed because the needed classes are queued for different groups, e.g. a tank is queued for Classic and a healer is queued for Wrath.

I think Blizz incorrectly assumed that people care most about being able to focus their leveling experience to 1 expansion pack. But I think most people who want to run dungeons don’t want this restriction at all - they care about variety and short queue times. I hope Blizz will change this.

2 Likes

Didnt know that you’re “stuck” with the dungs of your chosen chromie time… that sucks…

When I heard about Chromie time I was excited cuz I was bored about grinding through all xpacs. But then I saw that the are lvl limits to the zones still. Sure the really old ones are all 10-35 ish, but you still need BFA for the last lvls…

I really thought that “Finally, I can go to lvl 50 just by doing old Qs in Kalimdor or something”…but nope… Disapointing…

They specifically stated at Blizzcon old levelling would still exist if you didn’t want to pick. Unless they just meant you’d have to flit back and forth to Chromie to chop and change constantly.

I have not tested it myself beyond actually trying the new levelling or picking an actual expansion. I tend to flit about between them and do various intros.

We have had people just not choose anything and go off into the world where they please. But I’m not sure how the scaling has worked out, or what dungeons that gives you.