Why are you keep giving instant spells to casters?

I track this https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spell=341374/damnation and if you really think that it’s a joke you’re clearly not smart. This spell is insanely OP. The reason I look out for this is because I need to know when the Shadow Priests on my team will require my help to land proper dots or when they don’t, and I track the enemy’s because I need to know whether I will need to interrupt the Priest or if I can use it elsewhere as he will instant cast for a long time so holding is wasting.

VE as in Vampiric Embrace ? Trying to tell me the damage comes from the team healing spell ? What a joke you are…

Next time, type VT properly.

Also, in most of the games I play Plague, VE and Pain are among the top 4, at worst top 5 sources of damage. It’s not uncommon to see them top 3.

So yeah, damage does come from the dots in arena, they hit harder than ever at the moment. Makes SP scary, since they have so much next to that.

I am not your babysitter, it’s 2020 learn how to google stuff by yourself.

1 Like

Can you show me how you track it? :rofl:

Its a Typo, now if you think that makes you smart. You guess wrong.

For real rogues whine about SP’s
We lived to see this, for a while because i told you already they got nerfed.

If you cant backup your useless arguments in sake of arguing, dont and always know when you do that i will keep replying you no matter what, its like youre obsessed with me proving you an angry forum warrior.

Your lack of understanding and knowledge is so big that we end up with a conversation like this :

You’re the only main Priest with an IQ low enough that you manage to TYPE that you need to cast to get procs just as you get linked a spell that instantly applies dots.

What a joke.

You have two ways to do that. I don’t know how every other person likes to do it, but I use two ways at once as I feel like it’s good practise to know the timers.

So, the first way is by recognizing when the enemy uses an important spell and looking at either your CDs or the game time at the top of the screen. Substract the CD of the spell you track and you - albeit roughly - know when it comes back. I like doing this as it helps with a general sense of ability timings.

The second way, which I also use and qo does almost the entirety of the high rated playerbase, is an addon called Omnibar (or any similar addon really). This allows you yo choose the spells you want, in the game. Then, when an enemy unit uses it it gets displayed on your screen, and you see the timer go down as it if was one of your own spells. By adding that new SP spell to the files, boom, you track it. All it took was a download from one of the many addon repositories available online.

Do you need a link for that too, or a link towards the endless videos and guides telling everyone who pvps about this extremely game changing addon, or will you be able to find it alone, now that I gave you the name ?

I don’t whine. I like SP even though I didn’t play it myself for a long time. I did not complain about SPs. I find them too strong atm, and that is mostly because they can’t be kicked while most “normal” casters can, but I don’t mind yet. It’s a spec that takes skill in PvP to do well imo and I’m quite happy if SP dominates over, say, Destro. As for damage tuning that will come in SL as traits and essences are making everything irrelevant now anyways. If it’s too strong then, then we shall see if I whine. But so far, I have not.

Sweet dreams… you know the song.

2 Likes

Yes, we use those. They are the best talents for pvp by far. The fact that you wouldn’t use them shows indeed that you don’t pvp.

7 Likes

Now that a SP player told him, he’ll find another tirade to try and tell me that despite what I said was correct, I’m still somehow wrong because he can’t stand being ignorant.

What have you done :frowning:

3 Likes

Dark thought does not apply DoT’s, it has chance to proc dots and what you guys said have a CD. Meaning youre uselessly argue with the obvious again.
You literally need to know what you talk about because you are being you again for another time.

Nope, i seriously doubt youre tracking it.
Afterall where is the point on tracking something you cant prevent? :rofl:
Just playing pro in the forums. Thats you anyways.

I dont give a damn how they are in PVP. The problem is because of your pvp whiners the spec was butchered in the place I AM PLAYING IT M+.

I know a lot of songs, dream on was always my favorite.

As i said all along i dont pvp, you should read my 1st response it was just shade for another time that derailed the thread for no reason. If they are so strong they should nerf them instead and leave SP ok for us, just for whiners like shade to stop.

As said above, you derailed the thread for you proving something to yourself while my point was and IS the spec was butchered because of you pvp whiners that will always whine.

What exactly was butchered? Do you mean the rework or the prepatch nerfs?

The rework made me come back to it personally. I didn’t mind the insanity rework that legion got though, but it was hard to play in pvp. Bfa was a bit easier with the return of psychic horror.

As far as the nerfs concerned, they were needed.

1 Like

Usually my priest was a tad less than 4k dps in M+, with the new change to the azerite traits ive lost around 1k overall output. The nerf seems like nothing but you cant imagine how bad it is.

I had lots of fun with previous SP as well, no matter what the spec to be fun needed really fat gear, it does not have the same issue now though.

Nerfs would be needed to these 2 talents that pvp players use them, not butcher it for PVE because pvp whiners whine.

The nerfs aren’t even noticeable in pvp, at least for me. The nerfs were solely for pve and had nothing to do with pvp players whining. One look at the dps rankings clearly shows why.

I personally wouldn’t have nerfed anything because alot of classes do insane damage. Typical prepatch shenanigans.

1 Like

I dont see PVE players whining, just the last snowflake i spoke with told me that SP has more damage and more defensive from mages and they are a problem to his/her arenas.

Well you said the talents are OP, they should have touched them instead of the traits.

People don’t need to whine for blizzard to nerf something. If you look at the dps rankings ipfor the prepatch, shadow is head and shoulders above anything else.

2 Likes

TBC arena will hopefully overtake retail arena. Shadowlands still relies on PvE too much for the borrowed power crap and specific PvE items which requires clearing it in Normal, Heroic and Mythic first before you can get 'em.
PvP gear is still too underwhelming in certain slots, on max lvl.

However, the expansion after Shadowlands might turn the tide. Let’s hope for the best.

Until then, let’s hope TBC offers rated seasons. Would be hilarious if a recreation beats out the “real thing”. :rofl:

Gap closers wasn’t as much of a thing in TBC arenas. That alone will lure many players over there.

Oh really?
When MW was really strong due to BiS corruptions in S4 every hpala was whining because they outparsed them. We ended up MW getting nerfed and holy pala outparsing mw by a 30 margin.

Its called a tradeoff, being good inside raids and have rogs/mages dominating all the rest. I didnt see them touching blade flurry ultimate 1 key opness for s1 and s2.

I think they should nerf sub though. Alongside ret paladins and disc priests.

I don’t quite understand your endgame here. You say you don’t play PvP like it isn’t obvious already, but yet you tussle around with people about your class without having a grain of knowledge to your name in regards to PvP. You must know this too, right?

It requires the most minimal effort to even observe what talents other people are running if you step a foot in arena. Why should people go through the trouble of citing you obvious things, especially when you don’t seem to care in the first place?

6 Likes

Shadow was dealing to much damage in pve, this is why it was nerfed, not because pvpers complained like you seem to belive.

7 Likes

And… that is why you probably are low rated.

4 Likes

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spell=341374/damnation

We we talking about this one spell and mentionned it 4 times. You’re so useless it’s crazy, wake up.

… is that a real question ? You can’t prevent a defensive CD yet you need to know when it is up. You can’t prevent a Rogue Kidney but you need to know when it is up. You can’t prevent Damnation but if you know when it’s up, same as all th rest, you can play around it.

That’s cool but the conversation in this thread was about PvP and the talents used in PvP which you said you don’t even use in PvE, so once again your need to come here and look like an imbecile is striking.

Yes. The burst is a bit too high for the CC it has. It’s sad because it’s quite fun !

2 Likes

Just because rogue/mage is strong in arena doesn’t mean that shadow should be op in PvE. What kind of logic is that?

Read it again.

1 Like

There’s a reason why i never bother reading much of what he/she posts. The attitude paired with being downright clueless about PvP while posting here is just not worth me getting annoyed by or replying to. It’s partly the same reason why i don’t reply to Jito but at least i know Jito often just plays devil’s advocate and actually can construct decent arguments.

4 Likes