Why Dalaran is not joining the Alliance?

How can people of Dalaran (humans and silver covenant) watch as their kind are slaughtered by a mad warchief? Are they the new third war Gilneas now? The only reason Dalaran had to cooperate with the horde was because “legion is op so we need the horde to enslave the leader of stormheim for selfish desires”, and now what?

Dalaran got so concerned with legion’s threat to Azeroth, but how is Sylvanas any different in that regard? With Khadgar going Thrall 2.0 shouldn’t Dalaran join the Alliance again?

I’m so tired of Blizzard turning a blind eye on anything in WoW story that isn’t in the center of attention.

4 Likes

It’s a question I am asking myself since 2008. To add insult to injury IRC Horde had a quest in Hillsbrad to kill some Dalaran guards and workers back when it was there under a magic barrier.

Because muh neutrality I guess.

4 Likes

I did that quest too…
In WoW universe people seem to forget the past often, specially the neutral ones.

Because Sylvanas has plot armor that protects her from any and all consequences for her actions.

2 Likes

Because Khadgar leads them now and he’s very dissapointed in our little spats.
He’s shaking his head disapprovingly from on high.

15 Likes

There is still such a quest btw.

1 Like

Garrosh is dead mate

Azeroth has been in war for the last 35years or something, I wonder if there was peace ever.

Sylvanas isn’t though, and she is a much bigger threat to Azeroth than Garrosh tbh.

You misspelled Alliance to Azeroth

1 Like

Blighting darkshore forests, killing its habitants, sucking azerite, helping out N’zoth, etc.

I’m afraid Kahdgar have 0 love for the Lightforged
Its your fault :broken_heart:

1 Like

He’ll be neutral to me either way :joy:

I think that’s where your problem lies. The people of Dalaran are Humans and Silver Covenant are they? I think…Dalaran would disagree, I think even Christie Golden would disagree, and the history of the Kingdom of Dalaran would certainly disagree. The People of Dalaran originally were the Thalassians, and the Humans. I mean Dalaran is a Thalassian word. Over time, the other races sent their magically gifted to study at the great city of learning wrought by the Thalassian Elves and Humans.

Dalaran swiftly became perhaps one of the most egalitarian cities on Azeroth, accepting of all species in either their desire to advance magical knowledge, or their own academic curiosity, or even to support those who did. After all, it takes ten people with their feet on the ground to support one person with their head in the clouds?

Lets be fair here, who were the Allies during WWII? Pretty sure the Allies included the USSR who were doing some -horrible- things, but hey, they weren’t the Axis!
If in our real world, the ‘goodies’ can ally with ‘baddies’ to defeat even bigger ‘Baddies’ then why do people find it so unrealistic that it can happen in a fantasy world. I mean the events of Legion -figuratively- happened in our real world. That’s happened loads, it happens all the time!

Blizzard aren’t being blind to it. They’re actually being perceptive. These things -DO- happen, all the time.

In fairness, Silverpine was Gilneas, then Forsaken, it was never Dalarani. The Mages at Ambermill? Yeah, they were invading. So the Forsaken killed them then did a counterattack in Hillsbrad. That’s the chronology of events. Pretty justified, to be honest.

Ironically given when that quest was put in game, Dalaran were actually the aggressor. That wasn’t their land. It wasn’t even their land before the Forsaken existed. I mean if they had stormed in there before the Forsaken even existed, then they would have been breaking the Alliance of Lordaeron, as they would have been invading Gilneas.

That seriously was a supposedly neutral country, taking a non neutral stance. Apparently that sort of stuff allows you to torture and kill civilians if just one person of a race does it, but if an actual invasion force does it, it is all fine, as long as they don’t dress in red. Amazing how Dalaran has this very…elastic…view of what Neutrality means…

Indeed, She and Jaina are equally protected, and I suspect for the same reasons, actually, wait, no, Sylvanas has tragic fanboy Waifu armour, and Jaina has tragic fanboy Waifu armour -and- one of the developers using her as a fan insert. Yeah, they’re both awful, and both need to go.

I’ve never seen Sylvanas or Jaina take any consequences for their actions, it is pathetic.

He’s not the only one…

Hey its no Biggie! You have Magic Jaina, she can fix everything!

That…is kind of what War is, I mean maybe if the Alliance didn’t like that, they could maybe set an example by not doing it?

Yeah, again, going to have to stop you there, Magni asked me to stop some Alliance Douche’s from sucking Azerite out of the planet yesterday. I don’t think this Azerite business is good, but if the Alliance are willing to kill over it then we probably don’t want them having it.

Say what now? When does that happen? I suppose it is only fair, I mean the Alliance had that covered during Cataclysm, no need for the Horde to do nasty stuff…

Who helped N’zoth…wasn’t it…hang on, what was her name and race again? Its on the tip of my tongue, wasn’t it a Kaldorei? Queen something…who opposed her and saved Tyrande? Some…Highborne, Dath’remar Sunstrider or something…

How did Tyrande react? “Magic is Disgusting and Evil!”

Dathremar: “Wait, we did just use Magic to save you”
Tyrande: “Umm, not -that- kind of magic obviously…the uhh, the sort you just did there!”
Dath’remar: “For real? that had zero harmful effect…”
Tyrande: “Doesn’t matter, Aszhara used Magic, and Magic is now forever bad in our society!”
Dath’remar: “Tyrande, I’m asking as a friend now, are you alright? I mean I am aware things haven’t been great at home, must be tricky living with Malfurion and Illidan but hey, I’m not judging”

Tyrande “Reeeee Magic is Evil! Get Out, Get Out, Begone Thot!”

Dath’remar “Ooookay….I’m yeah, you know what, I’m out.”

(Thousands of years pass)

Lor’themar Theron reads his early news journals, then bursts out laughing

Rommath sidles in, his habitual look of disappointment writ large upon his face “Something amuses you my Lord?”

"Tyrande, the…the Kaldorei, have suddenly went “Uh, we might have been wrong about Arcane, and uh, all the Arcane Kaldorei out there, you can come home now?”

Rommath smirked “So they get the C-listers back, all the real talent came with us, they should stick to barking at the moon or whatever they do…By the way, Regent Lord, Matriarch Liadrin passed me this resume, from a High Arcanist Thalyssra, it seems like a fairly impressive skill set. Tyrande did her usual thing of being an idiot, so I think we could really benefit here…” Lor’themar: " Aye, fair enough, invite her over"

Rommath smiles "But Your Not-Majesty, Matriarch Liadrin already has…

5 Likes

I really liked how you wrote your post ! Just a little something :

Isn’t the self insert at Sylvanas side, being the one writing Nathanos ? Or something like that.

2 Likes

They’re both as bad as each other. Christie Golden has not made a secret, in fact directly stated that she favours the characters of Jaina, Anduin and Baine, and Steve Danuser has also directly stated that he favours the character of Nathanos. I mean, I suppose someone had to, the rest of us can’t stand him…:smiley:

Here is where my lack of Knowledge kicks in :slight_smile: I tought given the load of work Christie Golden do, it’d not… How to say it… “show” on some specific characters. Although I have no problem with powerful characters since I tend to like them.

I’m in the bizarre position, where I actually like her writing style, I think she gives depth to Baine that a lesser author would not, and I think she writes a good story, you empathise with the characters. I think she was the wrong author for ‘War crimes’. She was perfect for ‘Tides of War’ She was absolutely perfect, and it was harrowing. They should have got someone else to write ‘War Crimes’ When an author is writing their own series, like Tolkein, or GGR Martin, then you keep the same author, when it is a franchise, you swap in and out.

Tides of War, -had- to be told from Jaina’s point of view, and as a Horde Protagonist, Baine made the most sense also.

I think it was a mistake having ‘War Crimes’ be told from Jaina and Baine’s point of view, and then as the third and fourth main characters, Anduin and Sylvanas. That’s your three Golden favourites in one story, and her bete noir.

I like her writing, apart from the end of ‘War Crimes’ which frankly seemed hideously rushed and not given the usual attention she pays to her stories.

It was a missed opportunity, basically. Who was the new Orc Warlord who could possibly speak for Garrosh? ….No One… This is a thing. Blizz are killing off Horde racial leaders and just not bothering to replace them.

It actually does seem like they were going “Quickly write story, every thing needs to be bad!” As someone who writes plots and stories, its not a target driven environment, “Where do you want this to start? Right, WHere do you want this to End? Right, I’ll get on that. It will take as long as it takes, if you genuinely want to set me a deadline, that costs extra”

2 Likes

There is a huge difference. Sylvanas avoid consequences when the story logically demands she should suffer them. This does not happen to Jaina. She has never been in a position where the Horde, or anyone else for that matter, were in position to punish her, where she had no means of escape, and survived because her opponent simply neglected to attack her.

That constantly happens to Sylvanas, at it harms the story. Jaina does not. She does not “need to go”. She has a meaningful role to fulfill in this expansion and does not withdraw anything from it.

Jaina also suffers consequences for her actions. She lost Theramore for allowing the Alliance to send troops through her city, and faced hatred from her people when she returned to Kul Tiras before spending who knows how long in a realm of torment. She has suffered extensively.

1 Like

This is world of warcraft, if you need zero threats to azeroth and the light to prevail blablabla play world of peacecraft. Funny how you whine about sylvanas while most or sargeras staff is spacegoats ^^

Sylvanas is amanzing btw no matter how you guys whine about her :wink:

Oooh. I guess I’ll see that soon, I ordered War Crimes recently since I’m on the few last chapters of Before the Storm, which I really like currently !