Why Dalaran is not joining the Alliance?

Killing guards next to rebuilding city is justified? Okay…
More reasons for Dalaran to blast forsaken off the face of Azeroth not to fraternize with them. And besides

No land is forsaken land.

Nathanos characterisation predates Danuser. His character was like that even before he joined the company.

It was easy to sideline him when he was a random quest mob you could skip questing for, or some generic Hunter trainer in UC.
But what both Legion and BfA did to him, was the logical step forth that needed to be taken with his character.
He is the Forsaken equivalent of what Saurfang was to Thrall. The leader of the elite Forsaken military.
And regardless of how much dislike his persona gets, he still behaves about as consistent as he was written to be. Checking all the bullet points of the Forsaken Character template.
Down to the tragic background and a reasonable grudge with the Alliance races.

Because of the above:

This is wrong. I like his character.
I like how his psyche is built under relatable and understandable parameters that define better how an average ‘Old School’ Forsaken would see things.
With defined non-hyperbolic goals and motives.

4 Likes

Sorry, I’m with Zarao on that.
Nathanos may act like a douche but atleast he has a personality and isn’t all smiles and bootlicking to the player character.

I like that he isn’t like the rest, I also happen to think that makes him an excellent and even likable Forsaken character.

What makes him even better is that, unlike Tyrande, Malfurion, Anduin or Jaina for example, he’s isn’t an over the top demi god character, that makes the narrative look like a Dragon Ball Z episode.

5 Likes

This is why the blight is needed and justified.
If only the actual characters in the Alliance expressed the same sentiments.

Longing sigh

Dalaran doesnt join because politics are complicated and go beyond simple tribalism. Dalaran is now a politicly independant free city, and they have a ton of traffic going on - severing all the trade with the horde and actively making them an enemy would be horrible for the economy - dont forget that they no longer have a surounding infrastructure of the pre-scourge Dalaran to provide them with such things as - you know - food and such. You dont go to war if there is nothing to gain from it, and Dalaran has nothing to gain at all.

Also, Nathanos is awesome - I still have his quest reward bow from vanila.

6 Likes

For people who do not know lore this mock read may be amusing, but for those that do your Horde (Belf) bias is far less so sigh

3 Likes

There is some truth in it tho…

You call it horde bias. I call it common sense. We need more Brigante.

1 Like

As with most things I type, there is an element of sarcasm to it. If I am claiming any factual nature, I will generally link the source, or at least the Source which has itself, the sources.

My Belf Bias is an interesting claim to make, given that I think they are absolutely self serving scumbags who will automatically choose the path of most benefit to them.

They may simply look and see “Oh, Red background, clearly I am getting a balanced approach, we have never at all seen every single Horde character from that Guild Bash the Horde at any given opportunity!”

Oh, wait. The Other thing.

You see a certain Guild name and you just know what you read will be slanted to make the Alliance sound awesome the Horde sound awful, and yet -surely- it is reasonable because the person writing has a red background behind their character. Should I post on my Alliance characters to make my posts sound more credible.?

2 Likes

How can it be common sense?

‘Saving’ Tyrande was the Highborne’s '‘ticket’" to be able to change sides in the first place. Or, do you really think the Kaldorei Resistance would have tolerated these Highborne court lackeys in their midst otherwise? Common sense, remember?

Secondly Tyrande, the Kaldorei were - since WoTA - against magic abuse not against magic wielders. Had that been the case, the Highborne would not have spent years after years among their brethren before - against explicit orders - conjured up an arcane storm that backfired badly. Now, instead of being humbled by that utter failure - they pull the victim card for being exiled as a consequence?

That the Highborne had not been executed - as was the law of the land, at that given time - was Tyrande’s getting ‘‘even’’, i.e. a life for a life (many lives actually).

Thus, the Kaldorei owe the Belves nothing. Wait, and yet they helped their former kin and Kael repaid that favour, too. So, again, both are even.

But to make the Kaldorei look like some hysterics with a magic phobia is downright childish. But, anything to get that Belf superiority, eh?^^

6 Likes

Highborne: Use magic to summon a massive demon army to Azeroth, leading to a war that ended up tearing the world apart. Get told not to use it if they want to live with the rest of Kaldorei society to ensure the safety of the world. Decide to use it anyway and summon a massive magical storm upon Ashenvale, showing they cannot be trusted to use it safely and get exiled so they can build another society elsewhere, rather than being killed, something Dath’remar himself was content with.

Salty Blood Elves ten thousand years later after burning their home: “Help! Help! I am being opressed!”

7 Likes

I do love it when I am proven correct about blood elves.

Garithos might have had the wrong methods, but he had the right idea against such treachery and lies.

I knew you would pull that card, and - since I enjoy being on these forums for many years - I know you have a Nelf druid too, but that does not alter the fact that you - whenever the argument crops up - side with the Horde against the Kaldorei.

Take Darkshore as an example. The very fact that you tend to tone down the atrocity of the attacking Horde side by refering to the Forsaken’s loss of UC is beyond me. You are comparing apples with oranges. So, what is one to think? No Horde bias? Sorry

2 Likes

You must understand that it is only a war crime if the Alliance does it.

2 Likes

There’s ultimately no getting around that the faction conflict is a race war, divided purely upon racial lines. Should the Alliance lose, the Horde will surely go for any remaining human enclaves. It’s foolish for them to be neutral quite frankly.

They are only kept neutral, along with the remaining Paladins out there and dozens of neutral organisations, to avoid steamrolling the Horde. It is one of contemporary fantasy’s worst railroading ever to happen.

Every time I see people in denial of this, I am reminded of people IRL in denial of RL facts.

3 Likes

Just going to ignore your ‘disclaimer’ and tell you this is a non argument.
You talk about a fictive story as if there’s real life facts.
If the Alliance was supposed to ‘steamroll’ the Horde it had done so a long time ago.
If the neutral factions gave a miauw enough to oppose the Horde, they would have done so a long time ago.

If Blizzard wrote all of your wishes into the faction war, but wanted to keep the Horde around…guess what? it would have, and your neutral champs would’ve gone the way of the dodo or switched sides.

Like I said, non-argument, really.

You are missing the point. The neutral factions should reasonably have reviled what the Horde did, and aided the Alliance, because they have been characterized as wanting to protect the people of Azeroth. Just look at what they did for Theramore. Yet now, on a greater scale, they do nothing. It is in their best interest to end the war quickly. To do that, aiding the side not currently engaged in genocide would reasonably be something they want. Yet they do nothing.

The problem is not that they lack reason, it is that Blizzard hs suspended reason, ignoring the neutral factions and how they react to the war, how they, by Blizzard’s characterization, should react, pretending that the Alliance and Horde exist in a bubble, which they do not. Blizzard must suspend the rules they have established for their universe to make the conflict happen, and that is bad writing.

3 Likes

Actually, that was not the point made nor was it what I argued, It’s not that they don’t have a ‘reason’, It’s just simply not happening or going to happen anytime soon.

Ergo, a non argument, it does not suit the narrative, and the Horde is not going anywhere soon.

The original point was that the neutral factions, who have good reason to join the Alliance, are being kept from doing so because it would mean a swift end to the Horde, which is not what Blizzard wants. Sure, it does not suit the narrative, but the narrative demands a completely different direction. Whethet it is going to happen has nothing to do with it.

1 Like