Why Dalaran is not joining the Alliance?

Two events which will likely never get actual satisfying closure? They’re more similar than you think…

Blizzard have written themselves into a corner. Let’s say Orgrimmar is wiped off the map (just like Undercity is), what then? That now leaves the orcs/trolls in a similar position to the elves. Do you think that it would be satisfying for people who enjoy those races to simply cut their losses? “ah well, fair’s fair.” or whatever? Despite you know, collective guilt on masses for the actions of a few = dumbo. Or do you not think that those players would want some form of payback? Because just like with the burning of Teldrassil it’ll be a cheap shock moment and hundreds of innocents will be killed.

Blizzard have opened a can of worms that they never should have, and no one is going to be happy with however it ends. If people are genuinely that disenfranchised with the game/story then I don’t really see the point in haunting the story forums of something you supposedly despise unless you’re into some weird sadism. Or you just like to drip like a leaky septic tank.

2 Likes

The scale makes them about as comparable as a large beaver Dam is to the Hoover Dam.

An understatement.

The War of Thorns was not the action of a few, when the Horde has to resort to using conscripts to make up the numbers required to invade NW Kalimdor. Everyone present subscribed to ‘a few days of glory’ to make a completely unprovoked attack.

Of course they will want payback, like how Taurajo is still brought up even though we got revenge and killed Hawthorne. And the Purge of Dalaran, even though Aethas really pushed his IDIOTIC luck with the former ruler of Theramore. Many of those telling me that I am complaining too much, would in the reversed situation be complaining as much if not more. We still hear complaints about Taurajo and Dalaran SIX YEARS LATER. It’s not even been a year since Teldrassil.

But it won’t happen. We all know it. The devs have confirmed it. I’m sure if the reverse situation happened to Silvermoon, I probably couldn’t even log into the forums because they’d be on fire.

And maybe. Just maybe, if you are all very VERY lucky. You might still have a decent game in the future due to the massive backlash.

1 Like

so your backlashing is not out of aerilen thinking you’re into sadism, but in actuality the noble quest of bringing us all back decent gaming?

1 Like

Am I doing this due to sadism?
Lights a torch We burning Silvermoon? No? Extinguishes
As you can see, I did not get to burn Silvermoon and thus no righteous vengeance was delivered. You would have a point if we got that. But, I’m backlashing now because the situation is too bad to ignore. I tried to just meme my way through things but I truly lost my patience with that interview release about how Tyrande got her vengeance. ANd with it, died any hope I had of a last-minute reveal in Nazjatar that some proper narrative for the Kaldorei might be used. It was hidden you see, to generate maximum effect! Well played Blizzard, you might actually save this game.

Buzzer Didn’t happen.

I’m realistic at the end of the day. Of course this game can be saved, blah blah, but with this team that makes WoD look brilliant? I’ll take my chances with the Legion thank you very much.

looks at aerilen typing.

prays for greater clarity and understanding.

The tl;dr was ‘no’ and ‘maybe’

I’m sure Magar the tailoring trainer in Orgrimmar had a big hand in it.

Arguably because both weren’t really satisfactory, the culprits of Taurajo were killed. True. Would the death of Sylv/Nathanos + the siege engineers make Teldrassil “even” (remember that Undercity has been nuked and canonically Lordaeron is just conflict at the moment)? Or do you want more death and destruction? Though, the underlying argument you’re putting forwards reads like “you can’t complain about x because y is more recent.” Which is a bit :crazy_face:.

To be honest if the Alliance invades Silvermoon and the Sunwell gets unintentionally voided to make way for the next expansion i’d be here farming upvotes with Rommath was right memes. And of course the forums would be on fire, just like they were when Theramore got obliterated, just like they were with the Purge (though the issue with the purge is that North Korean/China antics/morality is okay if you’re blue as far as the forums are concerned which is why it’s always a heated debate.)

I’m sure the death of Innkeeper Velandra will really settle the score.

2 Likes

TBF, it is jarring that the Alliance is not ruthless in dealing with the Horde, given Teldrassil.

excuse me, but what about the noble builder morri’soe who has been hitting the same plank since tbc.

1 Like

Oh agreed, but I think people want it both ways. To be ruthless and to be depicted as ‘good’ look at the vulpera controversy were npcs were renamed (despite their antics been the same).

I mean, people are free to root for whatever genocide or w.e they want but I think that’s usually more for a sense of satisfaction over actual decent story telling. These forums tend to go for “what I would feel would be cool” over a actually half-decent narrative.

When your city was rebuilt with magic over night so you leave one bloke to finish off the plastering

3 Likes

The Horde nuked our own city with Blight. Twice! Once outside the walls and once over the whole city -_- That’s completely on Sylvanas and those who took part in the setup. Yes, including you Tauren Gas mask dispenser no. 28102.

I want a decent narrative and yes I want more death and destruction. We’re getting it anyway next patch. Enjoy Nazjatar people! But the kind I want, a balancing for Teldrassil and Darkshore and Ashenvale? Will never ever come.

But it won’t happen. Blizzard have always been poor at writing consequences into their game. BfA however, is them dropping a poisoned s*** and then wondering why the usually battered fans suddenly aren’t taking it any more. Cos that’s what this is. A grave insult too far.

Ruthless would be just the beginning…against the Enemy of Life.

Poor Velandra. She will live to die of old age. Or deleted along with the game servers.

Mate, I would love for the Alliance to go take the gloves off after Teldrassil and go burn a city or two or three. Morally grey it would be.

Nah, Blizzard does. We usually complain about the ‘Rule of Cool’ here.

It’s one and the same, it would have been interesting for the night warriors to push through Darkshore and deep into Ashenvale, causing chaos for the burgeoning Horde industries there. While the elves from Feathermoon rampage through the Thousand needles, capturing tauren settlements before threatening the southern Barrens. Putting the Horde on a backfoot.

That’s a believable push from one patch (given that plot speed is glacial), but most suggestions here are either “dude genocide xP”, “#kill all horde”.

3 Likes

Never advocated for either of those. Capturing cities yes. Burning them yes. But not with the civilians still inside.

the horde is being pushed back on all fronts!

looks out into the world. squints.

1 Like

Nah, I never said you did specifically.

The biggest problem with Blizzard is they say this but don’t really show it. While what they say = canon, it would help to show it in the actual game. NPC chatter text could literally be a couple of sentences lamenting things but they don’t even do that.

Too much focus on people like Jaina and anime powers at this point tbh.

No offense, but you don’t understand the complaints about Taurajo, and I kinda don’t think you understand those about the Purge either.

We don’t want vengeance for Taurajo. We want Baine removed of leadership because he banished everyone attacking the alliance again after Taurajo. That’s totally different of a situation.

Khadgar is the leader of Dalaran now after Jaina afked the whole Legion expansion.

As is mentioned in the Silithus pre-quests, Khadgar remembers that BOTH Horde and Alliance fought to defeat the Legion.

So Khadgar wont participate in the war. Dalaran wont participate in The war.

1 Like

But Khadgar sods off to Karazhan to “study”, which is Blizzard’s way of putting him in the freezer until needed again. What is the council of six (five?) doing in his absence? What is Dalaran’s response to the azerite eruptions and the war?

We don’t know and we’ll probably never know because as of late, referencing old expansions seems to be a big no-no for Blizzard. They even took out mentions of MoP from the quests to free Baine on the PTR.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.