Why devalue tier 3 sets?

Seems a bit odd to be, this seems really uncalled for and tier 3 is obtainable to anyone who could spare a little bit of gold already
I don’t really see a point in this, might as well do the same with MOP cm sets then or pvp elite sets

If you want to let people use old sets without a cooldown or drawback, why not just make all old sets available again?

46 Likes

Not crying/raging here or whatever.

The value of tier 3 was immediately devalued the moment the sets were put up on the Black Market AH, it was prestigious before that but today it’s all about how much gold you can spend. Which in my opinion is not how it should be; gold has very little to do about clearing Naxxramas 40 in vanilla/TBC, it was used for consumables sure but they were never really that expensive (inflation accounted for). It was difficult content and not everyone was able to do it due to the sheer difficulty of the raid at the time. That is/was why (old school) people may think the armor and weapons are prestigious.

Back to the point, if Blizzard are going to make tier 3 armor sets this easy to wear it will end up with everyone having the potential to use the appearance and run around with them (depends perhaps on how difficult the item will be to obtain, or perhaps how lucky you will be). If this is their only idea I would urge Blizzard to do this instead:

Add the Naxxramas 40 man raid as a Caverns of Time raid in which Chromie sends you back in time. Tier tokens in Naxxramas 40 could only be turned in at Light’s Hope in Eastern Plagueland, which was obviously reworked with Cataclysm and quests are probably not tied to that zone anymore but no one knows but Blizzard. So it might be better to make tier tokens in the raid to be updated how tier tokens reward set armor today, you simply click them and they give you a piece instead of turning them in at a vendor. The data exists with the help of Classic, all they have to do is copy-paste it into retail.

8 Likes

Because I got all of them and no one of them works on my main monk?

1 Like

Blizzard should add it all back, which means more things to do in the game. I missed the elite pvp set for dk from season 1 in Mists. I really want that red nerubian armor look! :smile:

6 Likes

I’m sure they’ll get around to slapping a cooldown on the item. They always do.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

4 Likes

This

The item is literally named after the envy of people who cant afford T3 off the BMAH. It’ll probably be a like 7 day cd with a 1 hr effect or something

3 Likes

I can’t afford monk t3. But got all others.

2 Likes

it is sold in the black market for years.
which means, if you are filthy rich, you can buy it.

this was only prestigious during vanilla. later all you needed is tbc gear to clear it easy.

2 Likes

tbh i got many pieces for mere 10k gold which is the starting bid.
10k is hardly what you can call rich. I have 150k atm and i don’t care about gold at all.

It’s warrior T3 set what is actually expensive. Others - not so much. They are very old sets and most of them look bad.

1 Like

Rogue and Druid will work on Monk .

Please stop the trolling you know full well there was no monk in Classic .

2 Likes

I know that :smiley:

Then stop trolling a serious topic .

It’s super srs bro.

3 Likes

Serious topic? Really this sets looks like crap and people think they are elite when they put it on.

2 Likes

Never use my T3 but I can imagine it bothering people who have spent a wack load of money on BMAH for it. As Jito said though, there’s a good chance there’ll be a fat CD on it.

That is your subjective view please stop trolling.

I guess the people that will have the toy to get the tierset will have a buff on them that shows its a toy and not the actuall mog. too tired to do my research but thats what i gathered

Just to clarify: it is toy that gives you look that you are wearing the set. It is not transmoggable, you cannot use single parts, just click full set on from a toy.

ALSO: if you use it you get buff icon, with text “Envious glimmer: Look at you in that epic armor” which with you can easily tell who is using toy and who is not. So anyone who want’s to walk around feeling special in their T3 can keep doing so, because they don’t have that buff when wearing their real set.

It’s just a fun joke item.

2 Likes

I will make joke from all this people who think t3 is elite set. They are so funny.

3 Likes

I think that item more makes friendly fun of people using the toy.

Some people get enjoyment for having unobtanable items and i totally understand it, there is nothing bad about it. Personally i am happy with what i have and don’t mind if others get the same stuff, but i can see how it can feel bad for some. Just trying to convince here that this toy doesn’t equal real T3.

1 Like