Why devalue tier 3 sets?

I did spend 3.5 million gold for my whole T3 set and can’t be mad over this item simply because it will most likely have a high cooldown and secondly you can most likely NOT hide helm / shoulder and so on and have zero variety to this but being completely stuck into the full set which also is your class’s full set and not a rogues set over your druid.

The T3 is still unique in the way that you can mog every piece how you want on the armor type you want and not class.

1 Like

Currently is has no coold down on beta, but you are right you cannot hide helm/shoulder. It just slabs the full set on you with that buff that makes fun of you. Definately not game breaking issue devaluating any real T3 sets. I haven’t seen single person in beta servers runnig around using it, minus testing it right after getting the item.

T3 is already devalued.

Everyone uses it. Really means nothing if you see someone with today they just had a sh!t ton of gold zzzzzZ

5 Likes

I imagine we will end up with an item that has a ten minute buff and a half hour or more cooldown in line with other trinkets toys.

Edit for correction

1 Like

I really hope they slap a fat cd on this because this does infact devalue the hard work people put into getting T3 back in the original naxx, and it devalues the time and gold people put into getting it now from BMAH, and it ruins the set for people if they got them for the same reason i got it on my rogue, it made you look somewhat unique and not like everyone else because you rarely see someone with t3, now it will be back to everyone looking the same again, nice one blizzard KEKW

1 Like

Maybe balancing toys has not been a priority…?
Wild thought, I know.

I would hope this items does in fact have a CD though.

3 Likes

Hehehe :smiley: oh you

Nearly all the items you get in Alpha/Beta don’t even go into the toy box yet. They just sit in your bags. I’m sure things will be fine tuned for launch/prepatch.

1 Like

the seed to transform into firecat has 60min buff and 10min cooldown and now its coming as customization. still it doesnt devalue the toy itself because I am not stuck in firecat and can be it even with another catform mogged so it feels like the same for this item but its just me… I guess

1 Like

Cool, we have found something new to cry about.

3 Likes

I like this, been impossible to get rogue one from BMAH, every piece goes for 500k-1m.

It does feel like that some days :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I swear, people are always looking to complain about something in this game. It gets tiresome.

2 Likes

T3 looked cool decade ago but nowadays anything below pandaria just looks hideous like the graphics card is dying kind a way because our characters have so much more detail than the blurry body paint gear from early days.

1 Like

I have to say I was not excited when I found the item in game and used it. I was like okay then this looks a bit meh. I can’t say it an outfit that makes me go ‘wow’.

https://twitter.com/punyelf/status/1253643555513552896?s=20

1 Like

Well the value it has is due to some unfortunate circumstances as it is because it was removed in WotLK. While I wasn’t playing WoW back then it’s hard for me to believe there’s a real reason it should be more prestigious than tier 2 or 4.

And yeah if you can get it by spending lots of gold in the BMAH it’s not that prestigious anymore anyway.

1 Like

They aren’t even expensive on all realms. A friend got some item for 10k earlier this year.

1 Like

The prices vastly depend on what set its from and the server pop.

I think its a great addition to the game given that the items are going to be on the BMAH anyway so theres no harm done, besides you won’t get the same impact as people who actively own the set-pieces being able to mix and match. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How can people even call this crap prestigeous if this could be stomped by a level 70 raid that had more than double the intended HP / damage on top of being many levels above the mobs (that itself carried scaling - glancing / crushing blows)

People just could not be bothered to farm this at level 70. There are few reasons:
-TBC had a lot of good content itself, so you didn’t had to go back to dated stuff
-attunement was annoying and expensive
-while easy to do, it was still unsoloable and getting a raid for this was difficult
-there was no transmog function in the game, in fact it was 5 years away when TBC came out and still 3 years away when it ended. You had to keep the gear in your bags for years in order to xmog it in 2012.

No wonder hardly anybody bothered with this.
They brought these sets back in 2012 via BMAH, with 10k starting bids. And most items go for that much, Dreadnaught is the expensive exception (and today it’s really overused, not worth the gigantic spending. Go buy yourself a rare TCG mount such as Feldrake or Blazing Hipp and you’ll stand out way more)

People sometimes attach prestige to things that never required anything prestigeous to begin with. Clearing vanilla naxx at level 60 before BC launched? Yeah, that’s prestigeous. Doing this in a fun social raid at level 70? Hell no, it was easy content. Thing is, the game does not have any tool to diffrentiate one from another. Achievements and date tracking came with WOTLK prepatch.

1 Like