Why did blizz remove mouse over quest guidance?

When i was doing quests before 8.2 whenever i moused over a enemy npc that droped quest items or something i had to kill ‘X’ amount of times, the mouse over pop up tool-tip used to tell me how many i have out of the total to complete the quest, now its says absolutely nothing… Its just a guessing game if you’re killing the right mob.

Seems rather inconvenient, dont know what was the harm in it tbh, Sigh…

2 Likes

Works for me.

3 Likes

hmmm, what the hells going on then… is there any option in the interface that disable the info?

probably a broken addon

2 Likes

I was busy with real life matters since patch 8.2 launched, so i hadn’t got the chance to return leveling up my alts. But whenever i do quests/WQ in nazjatar i also noticed that the Tooltip is removed. Which is very weird because it was helpful :confused:

1 Like

hm, works fine for me though, maybe update your addons? perhaps one is troubleshooting.

Addons are uptodate i check daily, i have so many it’s a pain to one by one enable them, i thought this was a blizzard unannounced change or somthing… guess i’ll have to go through my long list of addons after all.

Fix your addons. /sigh.

I’ve still not found a way tog et my threat %age back on the Blizzard unit frames. :frowning:

try one of these;

1 Like

Don’t think it is, it has randomly happened to me, and as Croe linked (my own thing even!) will put the tooltip info back as it should, that’s why I shared it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

that sucks, i hope you ll be able to fix it. good luck!

Delete the WTF folder :joy:

Seriously though, that has worked before.

Thank you it appears this worked! :smiley:

1 Like

Of course I shared it.

I have it bookmarked because it was that helpful!

Good to hear! glad it helped.

2 Likes

Yes, but sadly that removes the settings that work too.

Elvui can put a count on the end on the nameplate. Gamechanger.

Where is that setting ? :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.