Why did the community not like WOD?

I’m surprised this isn’t brought up more.

The game was literally unplayable for the first days.

Everything revolved around the garrisons.
Garrisons being instances (for every single player), people would soon end up with the usual error message or worse, stuck on the taxi mount, unable to do ANYTHING - and that went for days.

Blizzard even gave the players a month gratis as an apology, that’s how much it sucked :smile:

1 Like

That part indeed sucked. I really enjoyed 10 men raiding.

Pruning was bad
PvP was bad
PvE was bad
Removal of flying was bad
Garrisons were bad
Mission table was bad
Naval mission table was bad
No new class was bad
No new race was bad
Story was bad
Content was bad
Ashran was bad
World content was bad
Removal of the 2 main hub cities was bad
Removal of farahlon was bad
Classes were bad
Specs were bad
Launch was bad
Selfie camera was bad
Tanaan jungle was bad
20 man mythic change was bad
bad was bad

TL;DR

WoD was an awful expac along with Legion and BFA
The last good expac we had was MoP R.i.P MoP (2012-2014) :frowning:

Likely the following reasons.

No bladespire and Karabor as capitals.
Farahlon was cancelled.
Ashran.
Tanaan Jungle was delayed and they claimed it was always meant for later (It wasn’t).
Orgrim Doomhammer introduced and killed almost immediately.
Mythic changed from 10 to 20 (this killed a lot of my fun and ultimately my guild)

Because I’m not a fan of time travelly, alternate timelines…

It always creates a thousand problems and raises a thousand questions…

And it took a huge steamy dump on the orcs, even if it was very orc centric…
The story of the orcs was always about a people that were warlike, but valued honor above all else.
Then they were corrupted by the Legion and their natural bloodlust grew out of control and they committed countless atrocities because of it…

Then WoD came along and the orcs did the exact same thing just without the corruption…
Turns out that was just bullpoop and all the orcs need to commit atrocities is a guy telling them to do it…

I miss wod no grind, no useless pve content, best areas in game best music best theme and all day PVP all day, I miss those days :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Garrison’s were okay but repetitive on alts. I felt like there wasn’t much endgame content. I did really enjoy PvPing back in WoD though.

Garrisons were promised to be a big deal and would have lots of stuff to do with it, but it never actually got any new stuff after launch, except for a shipyard which is just a second garrison table.

Extreme lack of content to do, like there was no reason to do anything than sit in your garrison and wait for your queue to pop, raiding was the only thing you could do. I’m 100% sure this is the expac that was lacking the most content.

The story they were going to tell got scrapped half way through, no one knows why but we lost a full raid due to it (Shattarath), probably other side content, the story didn’t make sense anymore and if you go through the story and play all the raids, you’ll notice why: Grommash suddenly became a good guy after we saved him. He commited genocide on the draenei, got captured by Gul’dan and suddenly the draenei are ok with him and the orcs. Not too mention that Gorehowl was a legendary that was datamined early on that players would get.

The necklace legendary gate keeping people and their alts from raiding. Yet again, Blizzard made the legendary so important that if you didn’t have it/ it wasn’t high enough lvl you’d simply not get invited to the raids because it’s power was insane.

The reputations were all the same: Kill loads of mobs of the same faction for a generic boar/elephant/wolf mount. They put the cool factions’ mount in the cash store before the expansion even launched, meaning that grinding rep for that faction would give you a generic mount, instead of that factions actual mount (see faerie dragon cash mount and Grinning Reaver mount, Ally and horde special faction mount respectively). The insane amount of mounts that were being added to the cash store were also a big deal, the Grove Warden (mount rewarded for killing Archimonde on heroic difficulty, before Legion) was first introduced as a cash store mount, but after LOADS of backlash Blizzard added it to the game. < one of the reasons people complain about the cash store mounts now.

We ended up having only 3 raids for a 2 year expansion, which is absolute garbage. Compare it to BFA/Legion/MoP/Cata. There were other big issues like pruning, flying, Garrosh’s death, 6.1 patch being an absolute joke with the biggest feature being a selfie camera after people desperately wanted content… WoD was absolutely terrible, even if you raided. Because not being a raider would mean you had nothing to do at all.

Orcs everywhere, that’s why.
ORC = 0 IQ “smash, eat, poop, sleep”
I hate barbaric and primitive culture.

Pruning
Trashran
Pruning
Afknirson
Afknirsonbutwithbattleshipwhocandie
Only 2 major update and 1 of it being Selfie and twitter
Pruning
Orc being pruning from Draenor by a lot
Hellish pathfinder very unfun
PvP unfun… with strangly the best gearing way they could do.
One raid Tier totaly removed because afknirson
Garrosh Death
Do i say pruning?

• Tried to remove flying, pathfinder added to game.
  • No new class.
  • No new race.
  • No new profession.
  • Stupid mobile phone game style missions (missiontable).
  • Ruining old professions and making them time gated “make one mat every day to be able to make item after x days”.
  • Having garrison offering all ores and herbs and benefits of other professions succefully killing any busines people were able to do with their already broken professions.
  • Boring content.

Long hiatus of content. 6+months of no new content followed with a “major” patch that consisted only of balance changes and introduction of S.E.L.F.I.E Camera toy, followed by another content drought.

The content that was available was good, the lack of it was not. And story - as I enjoyed the initial Horde story then when compared to the rest of the Azeroth’s story… It wasn’t that good, I mean time-travel to the alternate timeline?
It’s never good when story goes into time-travel route.

btw. lots of people say WoD had good raids… but - to me it was first time when I felt raids turned into some kind of one big scheme. I didn’t feel that way in TBC or WotLK - or maybe I just noticed in WoD how “patternish” PvE is.

Oh you reminded me about this horror.

offtopic, but it seems like 8.3 now is also gona last a good 8 months or so, maby more.

By friends people mean keystone selling boosters? Hehe xd

We get it, you’re so quirky and different. Now answer the question.

I did answer the question. He asked why the community did not like wod and I said I did like it.

Yes, but they meant why the community didn’t like it, they wanted a reason. They didn’t ask who liked it.

Simple answer. I wasn’t about in WoD. Everyone missed me.