Why did the community not like WOD?

I am part of the community and I did like it so saying the community didn’t like it isn’t true which I pointed out

1 Like

They asked why the majority of the community didn’t like wod, what’s so difficult to understand?

I wasn’t in WoD either, but I did feel so empty inside… I now know why:

An everyday life with WoD and Lepanto was missing :pensive:

1 Like

The levelling wasn’t that bad. It was the rest that was terrible. 90% of the end-game played out of your garrison. Most story missions consisted of going from A to B, gather some “intelligence”, then back to your garrison to send your followers on a mission. Then wait for 20 hours for it to be finished.

WoD became more or less a facebook game, you didn’t actually play that much yourself, most was done for you by NPCs. You got everything handed to you by your garrison and even gear was thrown at you that way. WoD also started the idiocy of Pathfinder and locking flying behind meaningless reputation grind, as well as having just a terrible story writing all-together that in the end, meant nothing.

This is just my opinion on WoD though, I hated it from start to finish.

Obviously your absence made WoD even less appealing. It’s the PEOPLE

1 Like

Better than a more than one year content drought between SoO and WoD. If Shadowlands will be good i don’t really mind it, it sucked that after SoO drought, we got a full expansion of content drought.

Me as well! I joined WoW during WoD and once I reached high enough level I absolutely loved it. If I remember correctly by the time I actually reached high enough level to quest in Draenor, Legion was out so, as you say, there was more content. I never tried the dungeons so can’t comment on those but I will one day.

Draenor is still my favourite! I love being in that region and I always take my time over levelling there. I do get a little frustrated that the garrison isn’t more customisable but, hey ho, we can’t have everything!

I played a lot in WoD and it was fairly alt friendly too.

this isnt entirely true… but is true in a Sense also.

We were all there on the Release… and we all stayed or left for our own reasons… it was Ultimately the Content Cut from the expansion which actually Caused the fall of the expansion… in process there was alot good in WoD… the raids were strong and people have always said high things about the raiding…

it was a 2 part problem realistically.

FFXIV had just released Heavensward which caused ALOT of arguments in the playerbase to being a Better alternative then WoD… there was huge problems of people doing nothing but talking about this… that FFXIV Expansion broke even into the WoW forums.

WoD Was Failing and the content drought was huge, blizzard claim this is because they themselves gave up on the expansion and started on Designing Legion Earlier.

alot of games were on the Rise during the period of WoD and Every expansion the Population ebbs and weaves between FFXIV and WoW espically when their releases “happen” to be at the same time… teh better one generally takes over.

and that was Defintly FFXIVs time, they released Heavensward which even today is one of the most beloved Launchs in the games Community eyes.

It was obvious early on players werent happy with WoD, the Garrisons got budgeted with the Customization of them removed, Content that was Said to happen just did not happen. and many werent a fan of the implementation of Flight achievements in that expansion as they were MUCH more demanding.

WoD wasnt entirely bad. the Raids were good, but it left the Solo content extremely bare

The world emptied as everyone retreated to their garrisons, professions were completely ruined, and there were enormous content gaps. The story was a bit meh at times, but overall I enjoyed it.

Garrisons removed a lot of social elements, Blizzard abandoned 90% of the world content they were planning and focused on the raids instead.

Most people would say that WoD had some of, if not THE best raids in WoWs history but raiding alone doesnt carry an MMORPG, the world is equally important, farming, professions, reputations, exploration etc is the ‘‘filler’’ you do inbetween raiding or prime time PvP and since WoD lacked very much of that because of garrisons, the game very quickly became raidlogging

I did not mind it, i actually liked both garrisons and world in general. I do not need artificial and superficial interactions with other people.

1 Like

No content for PvE players and they didn’t have a real plan for the expansion.

It was still an decent expansion compared to the garbage we have right now.

did not like the added shipyard and very quickly stopped sending ships on tasks

Just finished levelling a warrior there and I forgot how amazing the music is. I was in the spires place where rukmar is and was blew away again by the sound track for the place.
I was sad to leave Draenor TBH.

all of this.

plus orcs, there’s just so many orcs you can stomach before starting to hate that race.

WoD was brilliant. Just the endgame was “if you don’t like raiding, tough” and this went on for two years.

Unless you were a raider there was next to nothing to do except what would be come bonus objectives in Legion. Helfire peninsula was the actual only content patch we got - and that was the last patch.

WoD story got a lot of praise but the you had nothing. A lot of stuff for garrisons got scrapped.

My theory: Blizzard would go on about yearly expansion, I think WoD was the start of it but they found out they count do it after all so we got near nothing and they doubled down on Legion. It showed in Legion.

Besides, MoP got panned by a lot of people when it was current so take any ‘opinion’ on what was bad with a pinch of salt.

Garrisons and Ashran. Especially garrisons. They made a mmo feel like a single player game.

PvP gear however was great. Probably the best version they ever added of it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.