Why did you join your faction?

TL;DR
Write your own thoughts on why you chose Alliance/Horde over Horde/Alliance or why you chose to play both factions or why certain race/character is the reason of your choice or why you only care for game play, factions being just color you use.

Be honest and have fun above all.
One sentence or a wall of text, it doesn’t matter.

Hello Everyone.

BFA made me wonder how far apart are we regarding the way we see our factions.
I will not post any of my points of view since I want to remain neutral.

I am more interested in reading what you think about it.
Also I wanted to have something different to read.

Here’s a few examples, just for fun:

I think a similar thread was done months ago, in the story forum, but I am interested in reading general forum replies.

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers.

1 Like

I find all the spikes and mud huts on Horde a bit offputting. Although I play both factions I’m mainly Alliance atm as I prefer their allied races and architecture, plus their govt isn’t in shambles.

1 Like

To be honest i started playing on horde. But when i saw that the alliance queues are faster i switched. Also the hub city for horde in BFA is bad for me. I like it far better on alliance side.If the queues are equal and Zuldazar was normal like Boralus . i’d be horde

1 Like

I play both sides because I wanted to experience the story from both perspectives. It’s kinda like when I played the OG Warcraft games, play both sides to see the whole story.
I don’t personally care for the REEEE ALLIANCE and AAAAARG HORDE stuff, I got pretty equal number of characters on both sides, slightly more on alliance since before I unlocked the allied races well, alliance had more appealing looking races.

1 Like

playing alliance for cooler races

4 Likes

Give the horde Worgen and i will Zug zug Zug!

2 Likes

Had vivid dreams of tapping that sylvanas (A), but blizzard have yet to implement any sexual rated interaction with NPC’s

1 Like

Because i couldn’t be a male undead on alliance.

I play both factions these days, but I much prefer the variety of races on horde than Alliance.

1 Like

All my friends joined Horde because it was the “cool” faction even though I wanted to be a Night Elf. Years pass and you get used to it, feels like home now.

Shame they always end up quitting the bastards…

3 Likes

i took a look at the character races and I always liked the characters that looked like human shaped. I picked the body type that matched my own (minus the roids) and played a Night Elf.

It was a good pick for me, don’t know why I eventually went straight playing humans but probably for the trinket and how they looked in armor as well.

I tried to play horde but I found the orcs and taurens just goofy looking and awkward to play even though initially I thought Orc would be a good fit. Undead, in which I really liked the idea of, sort of look like bums that couldn’t afford enough clothes, i didn’t like that their armor was reduced because of it.

To top that off, hate that Ogrimmar is designed the way is, don’t like the lighting and coloring of drab redish tint. Thunderbluff felt like a cheap design as well just awkwardly on top of some rock formation where you had to take a lift. Undead city was cool but still cumbersome to get around.

Only horde char I can really live with is Blood elf, I think they actually look quite good as char models, but when in a dungeon I feel surrounded by a group of like wacky special needs kids…not that I have anything against special needs but it just doesn’t flow like it does for the alliance.

I want to have a horde main but it’s difficult as I typically just like the Alliance aesthetically overall.

2 Likes

gnome female booty

4 Likes

My realm is majority of horde all high end players are horde,my realm is czech/slovak dominated like 90%+ of realm we understand each other.

• alliance look like wussies majority of them , i like alliance races and look and i play ali on this char on my realm too ,for me mostly high end guidls was why i went horde on main.
2 Likes

My first char was Alliance for two reasons. First and the main reason – my both friends who played WoW was in Alliance, so my pick was obvious. Second reason – aesthetics. This is the main reason why I am still in Alliance.

I Hate Horde visual concept. All this «wildness» based on tribal camps, mud and spikes is just eh. This «ZUG ZUG TRUE POWAH» concept is just opposite to my tastes. I like Human architecture for its understandability and simplicity. I like Alliance models much more also (LF Draenei females are just perfectly thicc).

Alliance is just my home. It was and it always will be.

2 Likes

When I started back on days, when herrings walked on dry land, only pretty druid race was available for alliance. And I wanted a druid. So i moved to alliance.

If there been troll druids from vanilla, I’d be horde.

1 Like

I play both sides, but prefer playing Horde.

I guess, I just liked the background of the Horde, more than the Alliance. Plus, I like more races on Horde (Elves, Orcs, Tauren, Zandalari Trolls), in comparison to that of the Alliance where I only like Night Elves and Draenei.

3 Likes

My friend who wanted to play WOW also wanted to play as Alliance, so I ended up there. It took me a while but now I almost have a full suite of characters on both sides. Trolls are great.

2 Likes

After playing WC2+3 my very first WoW character back in 2005 was an orc warrior. Somehow, i expected a struggle to prove my honor, looking for worthwhile opponents to fight, building a new home for my people…what i got instead was preying on the weak, totally neglecting my own home in favour of stealing+destroying others’ and openly going for genocide as an honorable tactic in a cold-war.

Well, let’s just say it was not my cup of tea. I quit around lvl30ish…but before giving up on the game i decided to at least try out my second favourite race from WC3: Night Elves. Well, what can i say? Teldrassil was my home for the 15 years to follow.

Now, there is no more Teldrassil and Blizzard does not care. The heroes of my race get degraded into pitiful mongrels with demigod-powers who use them to get exactly NOTHING done. My “faction” is a club of losers who get genocided time and time again. But hey, at least we get compensated with glorious Jaina in-game cinematics.

I tried to be more positive…but it’s hard after BFA. Basically what i am trying to say is not a lot of what made me chose my race/faction is left after BFA. And currently it looks like it won’t return, either.

2 Likes

Taurens master race

3 Likes

i like elves, and when i started playing the only playeble elves were night elves.

1 Like

Very first character was a Tauren Druid way back in TBC before this character became my main (was Undead back then) after getting said Druid to their 30s. Stuck with Horde ever since.

1 Like