Why did you make the Stormpike Battle Ram so time consuming to obtain?

Truth is, if you work 12-15 hours a day like me, there’s not gonna be much time left over to play WoW. So I had a question: Why did you make the Stormpike Battle Ram so time consuming to obtain? I know the whole event is up until start of January, but there’s no guarantee I’ll be able to play at all during the week. Why can’t we just keep classic to those who like classic?

So yeah, with that said… Sometimes I really wish I worked 8 hours a day 5 days a week, with weekends off like NORMAL people.

So playing 3-4 Bgs is 2 month period is a super classic grind ?

2 Likes

You mean collecting supplys for 2 badges a time, instead of doing the actual bg? Riveting stuff.

3 Likes

Its the reason i despise the whole event mount grind. I would be ok if you would get badges from capping towers/graveyards and winning or generally doing fun stuff in the BG instead of collecting rams which by the way follows you after you return it which is fun as a stealth class.

6 Likes

It’s just like the old AV. Horde win all the time to the point it gets boring and it just feels grindy

3 Likes

I got into 4 yesterday, 3 of which was at the point where horde had already overtaken our base. Please tell me how I’m supposed to gather supplies and turn them in when all the npcs are dead.

5 Likes

Or you enter a BG where the rams cannot be handed in anymore because the BG has already been running for a while already.

2 Likes

While the idea of the old Alterac Valley is fun on paper, the implementation of the mount is poorly [read: horribly] designed. The amount of turn-ins you have to do for any real progress to be made takes time away from helping your team advance. This usually results in people getting frustrated or mad and try to kick you from the battleground.

Farming the ram/wolf quest is the only real way to do this ‘quickly’, and when the stable master has had enough, the players farming the mount typically leave, letting others in queue take their spot (which, coincidentally, is also players trying to farm the mount), and/or is left to fight for scraps.

3 Likes

Exactly! Adding a few extra marks, (3-5?) for turning in 20 armor scraps + a few (5?) as consolation prize for the losing team would make this achievement so much more enjoyable and realistically doable. If I remember correctly back in vanilla, the losing team would still earn a small prize from any bg.

In it’s current state, I just see an unending cycle of people forced to join already lost bgs through lfg, dead npcs and no way to turn in quest items for marks. This is not right.

2 Likes

Did two today am at 30%

Leveled from 101-111, took roughly 2hr-2hr30min per, used WoD pvp gear, around 100 kills, pretty fun xD as warlock. Exp is really nice, plus u get the extra from event…

Get your stormpike toys!! in the normal version, left of the gate at the very start, where you usually have to wait.

1 Like

I did it yesterday and it was pretty fast.

Collect armor scraps from killed players, you get something like up to 40 for one killed player. 20 armor scraps = 1 timewarped badge or whatever they are called.

Don’t save up to many, as they get deleted when the battleground ends. Also just leave the BG if the NPC where you have to turn in the armor scraps got killed.

Sometimes it’s hard to loot a dead player, their corpse sometimes just despawns or they get loot-click-spammed by other players. You need to spam-right-click already before the player dies to have a chance to loot it.

1 Like

There is certain thing called winning battlground which grants 10 timewarp badge.

The proplem alliance side is that 99.999 times of 100 horde wins and get 10 badges.

So only way for alliance to get badges is to

1. Wait in mines for irondeep supplies.
  2. Try to loot killed corpse of enemy player = chances are quite nill cause there are 10+ppl looting the same corpse. And npc’s drop like 1 armor scrap each.
  3. Some quests that give you badges are BROKEN. and BLizzard status for them NO_FIX
  4. Atm russian premades have started to appear on european servers like plague. And if you read the forums you know what this means.
  5. You cannot get Korrak the bloodrager killed if you are playing alliance. EVEN blizzard said they added extra time to his spawn. Problem is that horde have faster access to Korrak always and they are upper hand Defending from upper ground against alliance who needs to climb to the mountain. This is more than known thing even in real life war tactics.

This “funny” anniversary event is even more s-show than faction imbalanced battle for nazjatar ever was. Enjoy

2 Likes
Collect armor scraps from killed players, you get something like up to 40 for one killed player. 20 armor scraps = 1 timewarped badge or whatever they are called.

Easier said than done, especially if you are ranged, by the time you get anywhere near the players you killed, their corpses will be gone, already looted by the melee guys in your group :frowning: Or other faster ranged people (who don’t need to rely on blink being off the cd hahaha ).
But seriously - I played 2 or 3 games yesterday, I struggled looting other players, due to the corpses being looted by others before I even managed to get anywhere close to them. And if I went ahead to be close to my potential victims, you know what happens then when you are cloth wearing ranged: you meet your friendly opposing faction DK that will deathgrip you right into the middle of the opposing faction group, getting you insta killed :slight_smile:

NPCs drop armor scraps too

It’s an awful event. And it’s just strange how it contrasts with the deathwing mount which is piss easy to get. Id much rather have the wolf than the deathwing mount. i fondly remember farming that mount originally and would love the updated version but at this point I CBA. Hope they patch it to change somehow. Either make the bar fill up by doing actual PVP or have it be based on something else. Right now it encourages not participating in the BG at all, and in team fights half your team is standing around doing nothing because they are spam clicking the ground. Who tf thought this was OK?

An easy fix would be increasing the bar by like 5 times as much but making everyone in the group get progress for turn ins. That way you at least arent competing with your own side.

1 Like

If you just turn in armor scraps it’s really not that bad, especially by comparison of the time needed for other mounts in the game. I think it’s fair to be honest.

Winning/Losing gives progress now, as does turning in the armor scraps from killing players which was the method I primarily used.

And you still have 2 months of time to get that mount. It is not that bad. And if you want to get that mount faster, remember to run AV on both sides. You get same quests both sides = more badges.

How do alliance expect to win when 15 to 20 will be in mines or running after rams throughout the battle.

Been in twice for guildies, had horde pinned in fw, but couldnt take as so many farming mines, evenually horde were able to break out, 2hrs wasted wont be back for a third.

It really is not so bad. I have done 2 bgs only, 1 horde and 1 alliance. Both games won and mount bar filled 50%. You still have plenty of time to get that mount. If you need to hurry with it, then you just have to farm harder. Try to do all quests that gives badges.

I only reg german alliance alterac valley classic. It takes 6 hours to win sometimes.