Why did you murder the professions Blizz?

Hey Blizz,

Took a break from WoW for a bit and this appears to be like the 3rd expansion is a row where professions are utter useless. With the exception of Alchemy + Herbalism. As inscriber, enchanter, blacksmith or whatever you chose, you are totally worthless. Noone needs your services.

Why did you murder and eradicate all professions and when will you revive them?? It's sooo sooo sad what you did.

Bring back the massive amounts of enchants we could put on gears and bring back gems. That way we actually had a profession to make money with instead of chasing !@#$ty (can I say that?!) World Quests or even more dumber Garrison missions. The only garrison we enjoy is mister Garrison.

But hey! thanks for killing one of the most unique selling points of this game. What will you kill next?
14 Likes
They kill it because dont want to ppl earn gold xD I dont see point so much in professions now how they r. I lot items we dont need it in profesions ..like gear. They give a lot chances in wow to get in easy way gear so ppl dont need to buy it on ah. And what is worst of all ppl kill prices every day on ah, that is insane xD
I'm a firm believer that crafting should be the main source of gear in the game.

with raids and dungeons having some flavour items but obviously that idea presents a different issue which I am aware of.
4 Likes
Well professions need their flavor back. I can still remember farming larval acids back in classic to make epic cloaks that people acctually used. Or when i crafted my weapon in TBC(those were pretty good tbh.).

Even in legion with the upgrade system, crafted gear felt usefull up untill they added the nethershard spam vendors. before then people sometimes grabbed pieces to upgrade into catch up pieces.
2 Likes
12/10/2018 21:34Posted by Holybud
Hey Blizz,

Took a break from WoW for a bit and this appears to be like the 3rd expansion is a row where professions are utter useless. With the exception of Alchemy + Herbalism. As inscriber, enchanter, blacksmith or whatever you chose, you are totally worthless. Noone needs your services.

Why did you murder and eradicate all professions and when will you revive them?? It's sooo sooo sad what you did.

Bring back the massive amounts of enchants we could put on gears and bring back gems. That way we actually had a profession to make money with instead of chasing !@#$ty (can I say that?!) World Quests or even more dumber Garrison missions. The only garrison we enjoy is mister Garrison.

But hey! thanks for killing one of the most unique selling points of this game. What will you kill next?

its because Blizz hare you

You lost the daily hate lottery and they are now picking on you and making you and you alone hate professions

Everybody else gets superior professions but as you are on the hate kist you get the sucks version

You can live with it, whine a lot, or seek to come off the sucks list by promising not to complain for 6 whole months

If you promise to keep your promise for at least 6 months in advance you will not only be guaranteed to come off the suck list you'll get a god awful ship shaped mount - which will make you and everybody around you smile like a hippy with a bowl of hash
1 Like
It's to simplify the game. Having to farm mats and craft stuff? That would ruin their design philosophy that you should only log in 3 hours/week at most.

Us players don't get it. It's for our own best. We're supposed to hate proffesions. Proffesions was a part of that dreaded, terrible "old wow". Listen to Blizzard, like a good boy.
7 Likes
go dual gathering. Herbs in particular is the big goldmaker. Followed by ore.
Crafted stuff usually sells for less than the mats cost. So no, gathering proffessions are still lucrative.

Consumables will ALWAYS be relevant.
Theyve murdered most crafted gear because they did not want you to be able to craft endgame gear without stepping foot in raids first. TBC is the prime example of it. There was specialization gear that lasted multiple tiers that you could make without any raid items. So gear crafting have gone down to become mainly entry level gear to get started with.
Incompetence
1 Like
i do miss the thrill of having spend lots of time farming mats for the khorium champion and then finally crafting it. I used that thing for quite some time..
3 Likes
24/10/2018 12:15Posted by Mayadormi
i do miss the thrill of having spend lots of time farming mats for the khorium champion and then finally crafting it. I used that thing for quite some time..

Exactly, they dont want you to keep crafted gear for multiple tiers anymore.
1 Like
what purpose do proffessions even serve at this point?

i can enchant 3 pieces of gear. (enchanters)

i don't care about glyphs, and also see above for your scrolls.

Gem slots are RNG.

i don't need LW leg enchants.

casters don't need tailoring leg enchants.

i don't need weapon chains on my weapon, or a belt buckle or anything else from a BS.

the gear your craft is RNG, so i don't wanna trade you my mats to make me something.

i do however still want my prepots. so thx !

proffessions had to be gutted, because the stuff they exelled at were gutted aswell.
1 Like
Crafting/Profession is a core part of any MMO-RPG, i have plent of fond memories farming and crafting. Melting, and i enjoyed it. Sometimes when farming for titansteel it wasn't worth it, because others were farming as well and then i just did other things. It was guaranteed progression, i felt like my time was well spent. And the fantasy was good, the world felt more "real".

My hope is for 8.2 or 8.3, but i would say that we need to make them understand and remind them, of the content fantasy focused professions bring.

I strongly believe they want, and try to make the best they can. Past complaints of "not enough content" have clouded their sight, so please can we try to remind them so they can see past the clouds and hopefully make give us what we want in 8.2/8.3?

Make threads, share your view and perspective on professions. Be constructive!
1 Like
crafting profs is just fine making entry level gear. Theres nothing wrong with it. They just had too much of an impact in the past. And its rightfully item enhancement and consumable profs that will remain relewant on mains, over armor crafting and gathering that is for alts.
1 Like
24/10/2018 20:39Posted by Kamazh
crafting profs is just fine making entry level gear. Theres nothing wrong with it. They just had too much of an impact in the past. And its rightfully item enhancement and consumable profs that will remain relewant on mains, over armor crafting and gathering that is for alts.

i can't even respond to this. But yet, i'm curious to hear if others agree with you.

seriously, i tried to response in a civil manner but i'm triggered AF. I'm f*n mindblown, wtf.
1 Like
24/10/2018 17:24Posted by Clearfastplz

casters don't need tailoring leg enchants.

[/quote]

I'd use the cloak stitch IF IT ACTUALLY WORKED.
and it needs 8 pieces of the green stuff what is a PITA to get.
As a returning player myself, absent for a couple of xpacs, the changes in professions are.... Underwhelming? Gathering profs do make gold but are boring as hell.

Simplified stuff isn't necessarily better, I personally did like the past system quite much more myself.
1 Like
And dont add stupid stuff like garrison gardens and scrapper to neglet professions even more.
1 Like
16/10/2018 15:06Posted by Kamazh
go dual gathering. Herbs in particular is the big goldmaker. Followed by ore.
Crafted stuff usually sells for less than the mats cost. So no, gathering proffessions are still lucrative.

Consumables will ALWAYS be relevant.
Theyve murdered most crafted gear because they did not want you to be able to craft endgame gear without stepping foot in raids first. TBC is the prime example of it. There was specialization gear that lasted multiple tiers that you could make without any raid items. So gear crafting have gone down to become mainly entry level gear to get started with.

Why is it that we're all supposed to love dungeons and raids? I stopped advancing Alchemy when I hit the Quests in Dalaran where you needed to run dungeos to get thingies for alcehmy board.
3 Likes
12/10/2018 21:34Posted by Holybud
Hey Blizz,

I think they killed them since the numbers and time needed to level them were off-putting to new players and an entry barrier to the game. This is why i also think that they split the proffs into Xpacs now in BoA. No longr have to grind all the way up when half the time they are useless potions since you out leveled them 40 levels ago. This way is better for new people but i agree we got totally shafted. I was lucky i guess when i picked up Herb and alchy. Always have in any game. Herb and alchy

I left WoW half way through WoD to play ESO and then came back to WoW half way through Legion. The biggest thing I miss is ESOs amazing profession and economy systems. It’s pretty much flawless and was thoroughly enjoyable. Like other users have said the only professions worth doing in WoW are Herbalism and Alchemy, but because everyone’s doing them the economy is pants. It saddens me to say but I’m just waiting for the next good mmo (AoC probably) and then it’s bye bye WoW again.