Why did you purge my Classic Characters?

I know the technical background. It’s lazy and unprofessional.

It’s a completely new and different game mod in which I have no interest.

I assume that I also don’t get my characters automatically moved to hardcore because it’s like… the natural order or something in game mods and addons and stuff.

And now let’s get real “nitty-gritty”:
I have always played the “Live - World of Warcraft Classic” game mod and server.
I logged back into the “Live - World of Warcraft Classic” game mod and server, which is very much a distinct selection I have to make before launching the game.
I never asked to be moved to “Live - World of Warcraft XYZ Addon” game mod from a german server to an english one.
I never asked to have all my progress on “Live - Workd of Warcraft Classic” game mod deleted.

It makes no sense. At all.

I hope it’s clear now why I have such a big problem with what has happened.

1 Like

No it’s not, it’s exactly as it was back in 2007.

and that’s what you are in now. It’s also where you started.

Doesn’t mean you are right.

You can tell you don’t play much as you call it a mod.

So you know, Blizzard described it the way we are describing it.

2 Likes

No it’s absolutely exactly not:
Back in 2007 there was no second or third game mode.
There was no going back.
There was no missunderstanding in any way.

Wrong. For god’s sake. That’s exactly my point! My stuff has been moved to “Live - World of Warcraft Wotlk”, from “Live - World of Warcraft Classic”, which is a completely different game mode, which I distinctively have to select in my battle.net launcher, which I never signed up for. I never started in a different game mode than “Live - World of Warcraft Classic”.

I’m not arguing about that. I’m arguing that it’s lazy, unprofessional and that there’s lots of people left confused and robbed of their progress and that there’s room for improvement on that situation.

I was in the top 50 raids in Germany back in the days by progress and have achievements in the top 3 in the world during Wotlk. I did play enough to know what I’m talking about.

It is, it went from Original Vanilla to TBC in 2007.

Yes, but there was until last year in Classic and you didn’t choose so the option is now gone.

It has not been moved from Classic Vanilla to Classic Wrath. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN ON THAT SERVER, and stop saying mode it’s EXPANSION.

You know what, you are wrong even if you think you are right, you are not. You are 100% wrong.

2 Likes

1.) I have now to distinctively select “wotlk” instead of “classic” in the Battle.net launcher.
2.) I was moved from my original german classic server to another, english wotlk server.

Now, please, try again explaining how it’s always been that server and that I’m wrong.

1 Like

Everything said by the other posters was right, and as I have quoted prior, they re-created the Classic realms after moving all Vanilla realms to TBCC.

You were moved from your Vanilla German, to a TBCC German, which got retired to a default English realm here in preparation for Wrath. I’m quite sure, it was Celebras?

So the Classic Celebras now, has no relation to your current toons.

Edit: Since OP did not mention which realm it was (Dragon’s Call) everything still lines up with the realm consolidation thread mentioned there.

Yes, because Blizzard did not want to abandon the classic game mode and chose to continue supporting that game mode, which I intend to continue playing as I chose to play before: “Live - World of Warcraft Classic”, which still exists, as well as my original server.

Wrong. My original classic toons were originally created and played on “Dragon’s Call” (classic, before TBCC) and were moved to “Mograine” (WOTLKC).

You can imagine how I felt logging into Dragon’s call, not finding my toons there with no option to restore deleted/lost characters. I was confused. Because that’s all this whole fiasco is: Highly confusing and unreasonable.

For god’s sake, call it Era or Wrath will you, you are calling both the same thing.

So they got the first realm wrong but everything else is right.

1 Like

Well I didn’t see any mention of your home realm so I had to make a guess of one of the German realms, but Dragon’s Call’s was one of the realms that was set to merge to Mograine so it lines up with what happened then.

The realm Dragon Call Vanilla updated to TBCC then migrated to Morgraine Classic Wrath.

I call it like it is labelled in my battle.net launcher :slight_smile:

Understood, thanks for clearing that up.

Still no reason to delete my original classic toons from the original classic game mode, which existed, way back before TBCC and now still exists along WOTLKC.

In all of WoW’s history since 2004 or so, never ever were any toons deleted between patches, server merges, addons, etc. on any game mods. Except PTRs, of course.

Odd, my launcher says “Wrath of the Lich King Classic” and “World of Warcraft Classic”, so they aren’t the same for me.

That’s pretty much close enough to what I said.
There’s WoW classic and there’s WoW wotlk.
2 very different game modes, as we both even might agree on.

Except they are not modes, they are expansions, Like retail is separate, but apart from that yeah we agree.

What’s your point? I would not consider original classic an expansion. It was there before TBCC and WOTLKC, is still there and apparently for some months even held my original classic progress. So why delete that and force me play the new stuff when the old stuff was there first?

I’m not fully disagreeing with you, I just think that it was handled super badly and needs second thoughts by Blizzard.

You don’t get it? They didn’t delete your characters from the Classic Era servers, because they were never there!

You failed to clone the characters - yes, you HAD to do something to get them there. But you had 18 months to do so. Being passive and doing nothing just meant characters stayed on the same servers which are now upgraded to WotLK Classic.

You can be as angry you like, but it all comes down to you not selecting ERA / TBC during the timeslot you had. It is too late to do anything now, the clone data is gone.

2 Likes

Please come back when your font is blue.

Thanks.

Kek.

If you are expecting Blizzard to respond (or even read!) here, then you are really naive. The forums are only for the community, Blizzard does not read them - and especially not the EU forums.

I know that the forums are weak, but people also opened hundreds of tickets already. Also, there’s multiples of EVEN MORE threads on this issue on the US forums.

You can open as many threads as you like and that will not change the fact that the data is gone.

2 Likes

It was exactly the deal. Starting WoW over again. Official WoW is about expansion progression, not isolation of them one by one like private servers do. Era realms are clones of existing/existed progression realms in a stand alone project locked at phase 6 of Classic. It is not just WoW: Classic it is WoW: Classic ERA for a reason. Reason described in posts linked to you above and in other threads.

Why didn’t Blizzard just copied those characters for free to both Classic(in TBC prepatch)/TBC/Wrath and Classic Era? Well the answer is GREED. Originally cloning service was ment to cost around 35€ but Blizzard desided to reduce the price to 15€ after debates. You could still pay nothing, but only move a character in one direction Classic or Classic Era. It seemed strange that I could move all my character to TBC yet still create character on Era and have extra 50 character limit there, so Blizzard would have had kept both my Classic (TBC/Wrath) database where my mains are and Classic Era database where I have a few nicknames reserved just in case I would feel like playing Era after progression realms reach dead end.

Will “Classic” project stop in Wrath or move to Cata, MoP or maybe Draenor up Legion? nobody knows and it seems it depends on the demand for “Classic” version of those expansion.

1 Like