Why do Blood Elves need Horde?

Just a question - why?
During starting quests it was clear, that Kingdom is under Fire. Forsakens and the Horde suggested to give some help. For that Help Blood Elves must fight in the Horde wars.

We have a story, where Sylvanas order Blood Elves to fight in the WOTLK, to pay that dept. To pay for the Horde help. We have some stories like Dalaran, where Blood Elves had to pay with blood for their Horde Help.

But, in the end we had a comics with Sylvanas and her sisters in the Ghostlands before BFA. By the fact Ghostlands are still full with the undeads…

So, question is why Blood Elves are still in the Horde? They fight in the Horde wars, while their own lands are still in danger…

2 Likes

Maybe because they mistrust the Alliance (containing 2 former thalassian factions, with a “claim” to Silvermoon) to leave them alone.

3 Likes

Because this is a MMORPG based on a two factions system.

8 Likes

Corrected that for you

13 Likes

I believe this answer is sufficient.

But we can add Blizzard’s refusal to update zones, not only in game but also in vision so all writers and comic artists take the in game representation as the actual state of the zones.

That is atleast my own theory as to why we see such a large gathering of scourge in the Ghostlands in the comic.

8 Likes

Because we, the hawkish and overly aggressive alliance would attack them in a heartbeat if they showed a single shred of weakness. We have a long history of starting wars for land, power and resource gain and nothing could contain our reckless greed if the Blood Elves appear vulnerable for just 1 sec. We also share no regard for the indigenous populous and would most likely get rid of them by shady and illegal means that not even baine could defend in court.

Oh wait that’s just my wishful dreaming again. Nvm I have no idea beyond “they simply like the Horde”.

3 Likes

Wait, what? More than invading aliens, greedy goblins who would sell them in a heartbeat, undead that ravaged the kingdom and Trolls, their traditional enemies?

To have a meaningfull number on horde side; we need two faction to keep things… moving I guess?
Or to fight with each other
No real reason beside that tho’

I guess when it came to choose who do you want, the Horde had the first opportunity and the fact they came out with the Draenei and it would been awkward to have them in the horde, even after the co-existence with the Orcs on Draenor after that little genocide :thinking:
One must wonder tho’, if they would come out, lets say with another race, things would end similarly and they would ended up in the Horde or not?

1 Like

Obviously, and if you take the attacks at the beginning of BC by Nightelves and the tried sabotage by the Alliance as a whole under the cover of a diplomat, the “Purge” of Dalaran under Jaina, as well as the Alliance’s willingness to ally with Criminals who where exiled for using Void-Magic and willingly endangering the Sunwell, i completely understand that.

3 Likes

Yet Theron himself entered into talks with King Varian Wrynn to negotiate Quel’Thalas back into the Alliance…
And Garrosh organized a heist for the Divine Bell in Darnassus that led to the blaming of the blood elves and thus sabotaging Theron’s diplomatic efforts and ended in that purge… when everyone realised their mistake it was too late…

2 Likes

Because Belves are not like alleria that found a lover in the dog faction and run away with him.

Afterall who would like to play and be among nelfs and tyranide/malf? :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe a Handful of Bloodelves were used in that heist, Jaina blinded by her hate blamed all bloodelves and “purged” dalaran, thus sabotaging Varians diplomatic effords.

Every Coin has two sides :wink:

After the purge, and the Highelves of Dalaran jumping to help with it, every chance for the Bloodelves to switch sides is gone. Especially after the Alliance accepted traitorous Void-abominations.

3 Likes

Well after betreyal after another Jaina was triger happy and it was unexcusable, thats true
The problem was - I think - the aliance saw only Blood elves, not two seperate faction, not one pure and one with Kael, his demon corrupted Blood Elves who allied themselves with the Naga and Illidan, sabotaged the Exodar and took the Tempest keep… it wasn’t that hard to belive, it was just another betrayal
Whats happened, happened, nothing could bridge that chasm that actually existed forever between the Elves and everyone else :frowning:

Barring obvious gameplay reasons, writers have consistently been pumping throughout the story, several other reasons that try to explain why would BEs favour Horde.

Stuff like having the Forsaken vouching for them when nobody else did, Night elves being shown rather willing to sabotage, spy or infiltrate their domains, Jaina, Suramar, the void elves,…

The alliance they have is tenuous and born out of necessity. But still better than the one they’d have with the current Alliance.

The answer is simple no race can survive on their own after the Third War, they made that clear. In Warcraft 3 the Blood Elves are quite few in numbers and barely escaped extinction thanks to Tyrande :smirk:(for all you haters) they needed the Horde to survive they needed their help,Sylvanas played a major role in their induction. Part of their lands are still in ruins, we could assume they just abandoned the other settlements for safety.

2 Likes

She made up for saving them by sending troops to attack their homeland.

Probably got a bit triggered by the Fel crystals so soon after Hyjal.

3 Likes

Well, the Sentinels in Quel’Thalas went a bit overboard, but their original intent was ensuring that the Blood Elves wouldn’t fall to corruption, as well as keeping them in check with the demonic powers they were meddling with.

This was a sentiment among the Night Elves stretching back to Vanilla:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/589078836658831360/707229684286619739/unknown.png

And they weren’t even that wrong, looking at the Felblood Elves and the Sunfury :eyes:

Plus, we don’t actually know exactly who amongst the Night Elves sent these Sentinels.

3 Likes

She was their leader (as Tyrandé always points out) so the ultimate responsibility lies with her.

I don’t know. The Night Elves could potentially be blamed, as a faction, for what these Sentinels did, granted they hadn’t gone rogue.

Individuals within the Night Elf faction itself, though? Ehh.

Would you say the ultimate responsibility for the Warsong attacks in Ashenvale lies with Thrall?

Besides, Tyrande wasn’t leading the Night Elves alone, Fandral was also a major player in Night Elven politics at the time. And if we theorise that it was Fandral who sent these Sentinels, their overzealotry against the Blood Elves suddenly starts to make sense.

ultimately yes, he send the warsong there, even though they went against his wishes and started a conflict.

Fandral was the Leader of the Druids, nothing more as far as i know. Ultimately he was below Tyrande in the hierarchy of the Nightelves.