Why do Blood Elves need Horde?

Anduin has never been the “defacto leader” of the Alliance, he holds authority only over the military forces given to him. If Greymane would pull back all worgen forces from the Alliance, there’s nothing Anduin could do against it.

2 Likes

The High King is the leader of the Alliance forces and Anduin is the High King. I think that makes him the leader in regards to Stormheim. And Genn was part of the Alliance Airships who were comandeered by Rogers so i think it´s fair to assume that these troops are on an alliance mission. Because there are no airships employed by Worgen in Gilneas for example.

As BtS goes, he holds much more power than that.
In that book alone, he is shown ordering Genn around, and holding an informative meeting regarding the Gathering where he explicitly goes against what the majority wants and still acknowledges that regardless of what they want, things would be done as he ordered.

Don’t know how much Blizzard wants to take back said power, but as of now, Anduin certainly holds more power that the one derived from pure military control.

1 Like

So, basicly the Alliance isn’t an alliance but one nation under the control of God-King Anduin.

Who’s surprised, honestly.

That’s the fake reason…the Sunfury and Fel Blood Elves were in Outland and the population in Quel’thalas knew nothing about what Kael’thas was really doing there including using fel magic.

The real reason of the Sentinels being in Quel’thalas is probably that Blood Elves were starting to being in cahoots with the Forsaken (and by extension, the Horde) and the Night Elves were worried that could happen so they were spying in order to report to the Alliance, which later having more information about it could have intervened in order to stop the Blood Elves joining the Horde.

Likely with a major invasion of Quel’thalas to prevent it from happening, if we consider they have done the same kind of politics in Zandalar…attacking the Zandalari and killing Rastakhan in order to stop them joining the Horde, as silly as it sounds :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I posted sources, though.

The fel crystals are saying hi to you :wave:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Fel_crystal

Yes Rommath put those there but after the retcon the great majority of population didn’t know they contained fel magic, or demons, or they would be horrified and never accept it…which I find absurd considering the Blood Elves are highly attuned to magic so they would immediately know, but sadly they retconned this info actually. The regular citizen of Quel’thalas only thought they were fancy green crystals.

So if the majority of the population didn’t know fel magic and crystals were being used, I have a hard time thinking that Night Elves knew…so the real reason is the one I posted before.

1 Like

NEITHER the Dwarf or the NE Sentinals SABOTAGE’D the Sanctums. Can this lie stop getting propagated already. It was shown in game that they were overloading because of OVERUSE by the BE’s not direct action by anybody else.

To be fair the Alliance have quite a lot of HIGH ELVEN Arcane Sanctums so they know how they work…it would be easy for them to sabotage them as they already know what to do to magically disable them. Maybe they at least tried it.

Also “overload” seems a silly reason considering that Blood Elves had chosen to resort to mana vampirism, so taking their magical energy from living creatures…Arcane Sanctums aren’t living creatures :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Quest text after handing in Incriminating Documents quest to Aeldon Sunbrand-

"From what I can understand of this letter, whoever wrote this did not cause the malfunction, but rather was sent here as a spy to observe the results of it. They call our endeavors reckless and dangerous… but who?

Of course! That envoy from Ironforge! We were fools to trust anyone belonging to the Alliance!".

2 Likes

Quest text for the Arcane Instability quest at the West Sanctum, the only sanctum that is malfunctioning-

"It’s about time that dimwit, Caidanis, sent someone this way.

I warned of the dangers of increasing the load on the West Sanctum! Now one of our energy converters is destroyed and arcane wraiths are pouring out of the sanctum!

I’m going to need you to take care of these creatures before we send anyone in for repairs. Make haste!".

1 Like

Thanks for this info, did remember it wrong then.

2 Likes

Well, it’s not like that’s justification for their actions there, or anything like that…

imagine the Night Elves sending druids and/or Keepers of the Groves in Quel’thalas in an attempt of restoring the forests of the Ghostlands, or maybe cure the Dead Scar a little bit, instead of those spies…

that’s something the Forsaken or the Horde could NEVER do so the Blood Elves would be amazed by this kind of power and they would be SOLID members of the Alliance now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

He is omitting a very important part of that quest line.

https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=8482/incriminating-documents

The documents contain detailed maps of different strategic buildings in Eversong Woods. A diagram of an arcane sanctum is also sketched in good detail. There seem to be numerous notes in a language you don’t recognize.

As these were carried by a Darnassian spy, it might be a good idea to bring them to the Captain of the Guard - Aeldon Sunbrand.

Are you sure you found these on a night elf? They’re clearly written in Dwarven…

From what I can understand of this letter, whoever wrote this did not cause the malfunction, but rather was sent here as a spy to observe the results of it. They call our endeavors reckless and dangerous… but who?

Of course! That envoy from Ironforge! We were fools to trust anyone belonging to the Alliance!

The one who WROTE it did not cause the malfunction, that was the dwarf who wrote those documents. Documents found on hostile Night Elven spies who just happen to hang out nearby a conveniently ‘malfunctioning’ sanctum.

Also, the dwarf was sent to observe the results of a malfunctioning Arcane Sanctum.

It is a little too convenient that a malfunction just happened at the same time that he came to observe the results of it.

Carrying said documents.

The reason for the malfuntion for the Sanctum is given in game by a BE quest NPC- it was’nt the NE’s or anyone else. Stop with this headcannon crap honestly, it’s disingeneous to the extreme. I even provided in game proof :man_shrugging: Anything else is people just making up lore and jumping to conclusions.

2 Likes

Also Blood Elves have quite a lot of arcane sanctums that were still working but only that one was malfuctioning because of overloading seems a bit weird…if that was the case, all of them should be overloarding, not just that one.

As I said the Alliance already knew how Arcane Sanctums (or Sancta, correct plural) work because the High Elves have some too…so there’s no purpose in just spying them…something else was clearly weird with the Alliance, Prospector Anvilward demanded a complete tour of the Kingdom before being killed…it’s like he wanted to spying everything in order to possibly plan a future invasion or something like that

1 Like

No, no you did not.

As I said.

You chose to omit a part of the quest line, the one which I posted.

I give up honestly :man_facepalming: The twisting of Lore just to push agendas and narratives on this forum, especially amongst is ridiculous. The lore in game in Black and white states that A- The NE’s did not sabotage the sanctums,they are only spying and collecting information. B- The sanctum was malfunctioning from overuse and overloaded. Conclusion for posters in this forum- The NE’s did it, it’s a conspiracy, there has to be more, NE’s are evil blah blah blah

It was from the same quest you fool and all you posted adds or takes nothing away from my point. And then you proceed to add head cannon and twist the lore to add a point about convenience etc about the Dwarf being there to observe the sanctums. A- he was being shown around willingly by the BE’s as an ambassdor and B- he was a spy,of course he was going to be at the important locations.

Spying and gathering information about important positions under the guise of diplomacy is still really bad, considering that an alliance force attacks in the Ghostlands.