Why do i have to do content i dont enjoy....to be competetive in content i do enjoy?

It’s already happening :slight_smile: Gotta get Gladiator for the legendary Azeroth’s Undying Gift. Unless that’s been changed already.

Either way, agreed. It really is a horrible “design”.

2 Likes

That rank gives a nice visual effect. Thats it.

The legendary is just cosmetic, so I doubt anyone not interested in pvp would get it.

I totally agree, too. I’m a casual PvE player. I haven’t come across any instances where I was forced to do PvP, but if I had to just to progress I wouldn’t be happy at all.

2 Likes

That would really suck if we were forced to complete high rated Arenas and BGs to be able to Raid and do our content.I think to be on the safe side we should not give Blizzard anymore ideas on how to ruin the fun for people because they would just force people into PVP just to engage them cause probably investors want to see that,i would imagine because of games like:OW,COD,APEX and Autismnight(fortnite) and pubg games.They start cause of them to force people to engage into pvp content i joined an mmo cause i want to Raid with people and have fun meet new people around the world not play a moba XD.

And this is exactly what the game is like for PvPers right now.

I would be fine if PvE where a sidegrade or slight upgrade. But a few of those items are BiS by a huge margin for pvp.

So we are literally being forcefed PvE wether we like it or not.

3 Likes

absolutly agree. me and like 80% of my friendlist stopped playing (not only) because of that

2 Likes

You should see my guild. Weve been together since cata (some of us even before that). Super active, super good RBG groups. Everyone is gone…most days im the only one that loggs on.

The pvp forums are filled with threads complaining about PvE items. Yet no change is on the way.

Im quite sure they know… maybe they just want to get rid of their pvp community.

1 Like

If so, than why in the world would you chose WoW as your game? Surely there are better PvP games out there. (yes that was cheeky :>)

Been playing since day 1. Maybe youre right, maybe us pure PvPers should just unsub.

The whole PvP gearing system is a travesty. These last two expansions undid what was finally achieved after long struggles in the previous ones, specifically the fact that BiS PvP gear was obtained from PvP and nobody was forced into content they don’t feel like doing.

#bringbackpvpgear #bringbackpvpvendors

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong though, I do understand the frustrations. I also dislike it when I’m forced to PvP. For me PvP has been left behind since TBC, I just didn’t enjoy it as much any more nor the direction it was taking.

From a game perspective, I don’t think competitive PvP has a place to be jammed together with a (heavy) PvE environment. Can’t think of one MMO that pulled it off successfully.

On Arena’s I always was of the opinion: it should have been its own game (or at least server with its own settings) where the changes to mechanics wouldn’t influence WoW at all. Still in the Warcraft universe, but just its own thing really.

Because you have to take the good with the bad. The game can’t be specifically tailored to you.

1 Like

Looks like u are playing the wrong game…:grin:

Not really. Its easy for them to turn all the “chance on use effects” on PvE items off for PvP. Or to nerf them so they are on par with PvP items.

They choose to keep them in despite the vast majority of PvPers asking them not to do it.

Instead they offer fake solutions. They nerf pre patch PvE items (in pvp) 1 week before a patch…and launch a new set of items that are far worse a few days later.

They are just trolling the pvp community.

2 Likes

The key phrase you used there is vast majority. As I said - the game can’t be specifically tailored to everyone.

So yeah, really.

1 Like

I know not as bad but through wow there has been even way back in classic items via PvP that were BiS for PVE . I know it sucks with no vendors and no way to get good gear apart from spamming mythic 10s . They need a revamp and rethink and PvP players do have alot of support from PvE players about this aswell.

#bringbackvendors

1 Like

Oh yea in Classic PvE items were king, but we didn’t have a real, rated competition. But since it was introduced in TBC, PvE items being overpowered in PvP was always a massive cause for complaints by PvP players. Things like 4/4 sets in TBC, legendary items from TBC to Cata, even things in the first and the beginning of the second season of MoP were complained about for good reason. Finally, starting with some change operated to PvE trinkets behavior in PvP environments during the second season of MoP put an end to PvE gear ruling supreme in PvP. Problem is the good gearing system that was achieved then lasted only until the end of WoD, when it was inexplicably scrapped.

2 Likes

WoD PvP gear was possibly the closest we got to “perfect” PvP experience. The gear was mediocre in PvE, but was BiS for PvP, and it had its own progression.

2 Likes

Sometimes it works the other way round to and PvE players are expected to do some PvP for the best items.

It would be nice if the two were completely separate. Personally preferred it when PvP had it’s own stat (and vendor) and the two didn’t overlap.

1 Like