Why do I need Raider Io?

Decided to play some retail last night and was talking to a friend about small group content and he said I need this addon for Mythics.
Why?
What good does it do?
We didnt need it in Legion for it so why has the player base needed it now?

Enlighten me please

If you pug, its your ticket in, if you build it. See rio as a tool to sell your character, to a pug group.

1 Like

It helps you to distinguish between people who bought mythic+ runs and people who didn’t…never mind it doesn’t. I’ll start again.

It’s a way of showing you who is experienced in timed run…never mind they could’ve paid for that too.

I have no idea what it does anymore.

15 Likes

Reads Title

To feel the suffering!!!

1 Like

You will “need” it because otherwise 95% of the playerbase will not let you join their groups and you will essentially be stuck doing +6 keys or lower.

If you are pugging and will apply to others group you won’t need it as much.

It is just a tool to help group creators to see who they are inviting.

1 Like

You don’t need it.

It helps display some additional information about players. About the dungeons they completed and the level they completed the dungeons at.

You can take a look at the raider io website. The addon is just a way of displaying that stuff in game.

People saying you need it to get invited are wrong. The raider io score that is generated will be generated based on the dungeons you did. The addon is not needed for this. The addon is just so you can check information of others yourself.

7 Likes

Well. There’ll always be something in this game to make it easier to choose people for pugs.

Nowadays it’s raider IO. It might change in the future.

Doubt that %

my RP IO score is 10.000 !!!

1 Like

You don’t need to have the addon yourself but many in game use it. Even without the addon your character is given a score based on the dungeons you have completed.

Raider io is just a reflection of your mythic plus experience translated into a score system. It also shows how many keys you’ve completed in certain brackets. Will show the leader what the highest key is you’ve done in the dungeon you are applying to.

For low keys it’s not too important but if you want to time a +15 for example most will want to take others who are capable of completing the key.

If you play with friends it’s totally irrelevant. If you want to pug it is helpful when forming groups.

3 Likes

It’s a replacement for “Gearscore” that was used years ago. A way for PUGs to artificially discern between the “better” PUG players (i.e. those who have done more M+ runs). You don’t need it but you’ll find it very difficult to be accepted into a PUG without a Raider IO score.

It’s over 9000!!!.

Edit:wonders if everyone is too young to know this meme XD.

4 Likes

You don’t ‘‘need’’ raiderio.

It’s simply a better way to represent your experience with running keys than other systems. Because of ‘‘welfare epics’’ as they are called, item level is no longer an indicator for how much experience a player has.

Raiderio simply compounds a score for each dungeon och a specific level to give you a general score reflective of your successful dungeon run history.

1 Like

Because it helps me get rid of players who don’t take the game seriously.

(People who backpeddle, click spells, keyboard turn, don’t know their rotation, don’t enchant their weapons, don’t enchant their gear, don’t know routes, don’t know tactics, don’t know affixes, don’t know their specs main stat, don’t know how to interrupt, don’t know how to dispell and so on…)

The reasons are endless.

3 Likes

Because it helps me get rid of players who don’t take the game seriously.
(People who backpeddle, click spells, keyboard turn, don’t know their rotation, don’t enchant their weapons, don’t enchant their gear, don’t know routes, don’t know tactics, don’t know affixes, don’t know their specs main stat, don’t know how to interrupt, don’t know how to dispell and so on…)
The reasons are endless.

Does absolutely nothing against that. If players are carried through content or have more forgiving PUG group leaders, they can get a high score with decent timings whilst still doing all of those reasons listed above. You won’t know until you see a player in action during the M+

2 Likes

Raider IO tells you and other players, what progression you and they have made in M+ so far.

It makes it possible to tell which players do and which do not have experience with M+ dungeons and how far they have managed to get.

Because M+ dungeon runners got fed up with high item lever players being clueless in M+ and downgrading their keys.

It’s better to invite someone who is ilvl 450 that has done 20+ keys in time, than someone who is ilvl 480 and hasn’t done a single one.

Get the addon and only invite players of equal or higher score to your group. Don’t just accept anyone, even if it means waiting longer for tanks or healers.

Don’t expect to get invited to other groups, when your own RIO score is equal or below theirs. Even if you are a tank or healer.

2 Likes

And how does Raidar IO helping u find a better team even they have high IO score it does not meen they good they can have been boosted or carred to a high IO score … so addon is kinda useless …

You dont actually need it. Its just a score you get for playing lots of dungeons in time. Theres a browser version you can check

That is pretty exagerating. You are basically claming most players got boosted/carried… While in reality most players just play, and get experience and higher score. Obviously there are nowhere guarentees.

1 Like